Options

help freeview connection indoor aerial

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
I'm trying to get freeview ib my bedroom with indoor aerial I'm getting freeview screen saying no signal I've tried retuning the box it scans within second s but no pic on channels

Comments

• Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome,

I afraid that indoor aerials struggle to work well....the tv signals vary in strength depending on where u live. With small indoor aerials, the signal has to also get through the roof, walls etc, and then the aerial is less sensitive as well compared to outdoor aerials (indoor types are smaller).
    So, for indoor aerials to work well u need to live somewhere with a very strong signal.

Things u can try to improve matters with indoor aerial....
    The closer to the signal the aerial is, the better the chance of it working. So have a look at neighbours roof aerials and see which way they point. Point your indoor one the same way. Hopefully, you will have a window which is facing the signal where u can position the aerial, this will improve your chances, but depends on where your window is in relation to the signal.

If the house has a working roof or loft aerial, but there is simply not an aerial outlet in your room, it should be fairly easy to have another cable feed added to it to provide freeview where you want it.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to get freeview ib my bedroom with indoor aerial I'm getting freeview screen saying no signal I've tried retuning the box it scans within second s but no pic on channels

If you have one of those awful abominations a loop aerial with a built in amplifier boasting a huge number of decibels gain take it outside and put it out of it's misery by running it over with a steam roller :D

If you have to use an indoor aerial the best type is one that resembles a roof aerial. But as explained above indoor aerials are only worth it in strong signal areas. And even if you know roughly what direction to point it in it can often take quite a bit of tweaking to find a position where all the muxes are pulled in equally well.