Options

Apple 12 days of Christmas

Comments

• Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Why can't Apple just give away some sort of voucher redeemable against a song or video then people can happily choose what they want. Their current method causes complaints every year.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that we are getting it but the One direction is current and relevant to the younger audience I'm guessing. Its not like they've given away Cilla Black or something. Probably couldnt fault them on this, though like I say, not to our taste.
  • Options
    pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Why can't Apple just give away some sort of voucher redeemable against a song or video then people can happily choose what they want. Their current method causes complaints every year.

That would be nice. But maybe they only pay out to the artist/author concerned based on the number of downloads. So if one direction only get 5 downloads today (one can only hope!!) they only pay them a fiver. Whereas if they gave everyone a credit that would be £300m. Mind you they could make them time limited so they wouldn't lose quite so much and not do 12 days of it. I'd be happy for them to just give us one free music download of our choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    omg omg omgwtfbbq!!!!! A One Direction track is today's freebie. Those boys are FIT!!!1 :D;)

Anyway, I guess tomorrow's offering must by definition be better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pumazooma wrote: »
    That would be nice. But maybe they only pay out to the artist/author concerned based on the number of downloads. So if one direction only get 5 downloads today (one can only hope!!) they only pay them a fiver. Whereas if they gave everyone a credit that would be £300m. Mind you they could make them time limited so they wouldn't lose quite so much and not do 12 days of it. I'd be happy for them to just give us one free music download of our choice.

I strongly suspect the payment to the publisher of the content promoted during the 12 Days promotion is a tiny fraction of what they would receive from normal sales. It might alternatively be a pre-arranged fixed-payment regardless of the number of downloads (as Apple don't know if One Direction for instance, would attract just five downloads, or five hundred million downloads from all of us fans who adore them). Probably the fixed-payment, methinks.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    how can you complain about something which is free?

admittedly, so far it hasn't been great, but didn't cost me anything so who cares?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    how can you complain about something which is free?

admittedly, so far it hasn't been great, but didn't cost me anything so who cares?

I was actually doing quite well, not complaining at all but admittedly I failed at today's offering! :o You should see the reviews at the app store, I swear some folks have blown a blood vessel, they're in such a rage! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I was actually doing quite well, not complaining at all but admittedly I failed at today's offering! :o You should see the reviews at the app store, I swear some folks have blown a blood vessel, they're in such a rage! :D

I've just left a 5* review to help balance things. I think I said something like "who cares what they sound like as they are fit" :D That is what One Direction's target audience are most interested in, isn't it? (it can't be the music)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woah, tonight's freebie is a biggie, two series pilot episodes (House, and 30 Rock) in both SD and HD, which run to about 3.2GB in total. Apple's servers may take a serious battering if everyone gets this tomorrow.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    Woah, tonight's freebie is a biggie, two series pilot episodes (House, and 30 Rock) in both SD and HD, which run to about 3.2GB in total. Apple's servers may take a serious battering if everyone gets this tomorrow.

I won't be adding to the battering as those two programs don't really interest me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member

Does anyone have the itunes linkage for this like the other offerings please?
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I'll wait until I'm on a faster internet connection in the morning as I'd prefer the HD versions. http://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-season/12-days-of-christmas/id480366679
  • Options
    jkainjkain Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More rubbish today then. i really dont see the point in giving away a single episode of a tv show, but maybe thats just me :p.

BTW, if you like your racing games then Shift 2 unleashed is currently free, both iphone and ipad versions. Wouldn't be too surprised if it was tomorrows freebie actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jkain wrote: »
    More rubbish today then. i really dont see the point in giving away a single episode of a tv show, but maybe thats just me :p.
    I believe it's called marketing:p
    You get the 1st episode for free to wet the appetite then if you like it you may decide to purchase the rest.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe with all the moaning about the "free" things, Apple just shouldnt bother giving anyone anything next year. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jkain wrote: »

BTW, if you like your racing games then Shift 2 unleashed is currently free, both iphone and ipad versions. Wouldn't be too surprised if it was tomorrows freebie actually.

Correct :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah good guess. :)

Day 10: Shift 2 Unleashed - for iPad only

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shift-2-unleashed-for-ipad/id444284049?mt=8

The iPod Touch/iPhone version is also free.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shift-2-unleashed/id444282358?mt=8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Today's offering is
    Lonely Planet Best In Travel 2012 : iTunes Link
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Yeah good guess. :)

Day 10: Shift 2 Unleashed - for iPad only

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shift-2-unleashed-for-ipad/id444284049?mt=8

The iPod Touch/iPhone version is also free.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shift-2-unleashed/id444282358?mt=8

Did anyone work out how to switch off the dreadful "music" playing over the top?

I could not find any options so deleted it. Annoying, plus it has advertising in it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more day left - here's hoping it's something decent....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Did anyone work out how to switch off the dreadful "music" playing over the top?

I could not find any options so deleted it. Annoying, plus it has advertising in it

When the race starts - tap pause>options>sound volume>Game Music Volume
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded the free travel book but then deleted it as it was impossible to read on the iphone.
  • Options
    stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the last day 'my true love gave to me' will be some crap old film, I am sure last year we got Charlie Chaplin.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the Last Day is upon us and it is Foo Fighters single, which includes Arlandria (Live), Everlong (Live) and Walk.