Gareth David Lloyd - Ianto Torchwood

jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I see that his group Blue Gillipsie have cancelled all future gigs due to Work and personal committments.

Just wondering if anyone knew if he had any acting gigs coming up that might have been responsible for this!

Hopefully if he does, its better than the stint he did on Holby City which was a complete waste of time and talent. Though I suppose it paid a few bills

Comments

• GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Has he denied being asked to appear in the 50th special yet?

:)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »

Made me laugh! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Just to add to the speculation John Barrowman has cancelled an April appearance in LA as well. ;):rolleyes:
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Well, he's always saying he's not been asked. Pointedly. :rolleyes:

He's the only one I believe! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Just to add to the speculation John Barrowman has cancelled an April appearance in LA as well. ;):rolleyes:

Oh Lordy :eek:, please God, no!!! Anything or anyone but him. Barrowman. Is. Not. Needed.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Might be worth remembering that Jack first appeared in 'The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances' which Steven Moffat wrote. I assume that means that Moffat created the character (although this may have been a request from RTD).

Also worth remembering a little part of his backstory which has still yet to be resolved: Jack is actually a former "Time Agent" from the 51st century who left the agency after inexplicably losing two years of his memory.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see him again. Jack would be a good help to the doctor if he is facing a big battle. Would be a good 4some 11,river,clara and jack. Fun flirtimg between the eternal man and the woman twice dead !.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BumPty bump
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Jack is actually a former "Time Agent" from the 51st century who left the agency after inexplicably losing two years of his memory.

Has he tried looking down the back of the sofa?
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »

There is no way he can appear. Yes, he appeared in DW, in the Stolen Earth/Journey's End in 2008, but his character died. Ianto died during the third series of Torchwood after being in DW. Plus, Torchwood is a spin-off. The 50th Anniversary is JUST about the 50 years since An Unearthly Child first broadcast and the show itself. Not about any spin-offs.

Sadly, big people to the show e.g. Nicholas Courtney, Elisabeth Sladen, William Hartnell, Pat Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Mary Tamm, Caroline John and Ian Marter cannot appear in the 50th 3D story as they have all passed away. :(
    I did hear before she died, that Lis was looking forward to being a part of the 50th celebrations, but alas, it wasn't to be. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    Has he tried looking down the back of the sofa?

Or behind a cushion? Ha! Ha! :D :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    There is no way he can appear. Yes, he appeared in DW, in the Stolen Earth/Journey's End in 2008, but his character died. Ianto died during the third series of Torchwood after being in DW. Plus, Torchwood is a spin-off. The 50th Anniversary is JUST about the 50 years since An Unearthly Child first broadcast and the show itself. Not about any spin-offs.

Sadly, big people to the show e.g. Nicholas Courtney, Elisabeth Sladen, William Hartnell, Pat Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Mary Tamm, Caroline John and Ian Marter cannot appear in the 50th 3D story as they have all passed away. :(
    I did hear before she died, that Lis was looking forward to being a part of the 50th celebrations, but alas, it wasn't to be. :(

I don't think he'll be in it but anyone could be even if they are dead on the show. He died in 2009 and there is this little thing called time travel so who's to say that the anniversary edition has to be set in 2013 as it could be set at any time or times in history.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    I don't think he'll be in it but anyone could be even if they are dead on the show. He died in 2009 and there is this little thing called time travel so who's to say that the anniversary edition has to be set in 2013 as it could be set at any time or times in history.

Yes, but if the Doctor does go back in time to when a character that's died, is still alive, it would rip the entire fabric of the space time continuum, causing a paradox. That could mean catastrophic consicquenses for the Doctor and those around him.

If you re-watch the 2 part Christopher Eccleston story Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways, you will see at some point the Ninth Doctor mention excactly this to Rose. I think it was not long before he sent Rose back to Earth in the Noughties. He says to Rose "We could just leave. Get in the Tardis and go to Marbella in 1989."

The Doctor cannot change anything that has happened or is meant to happen. A good example of this is the story The Fires of Pompeii from 2008. He goes back to Pompeii and saves one family from dying, even though he knows that they are meant to die. He does this just for Donna as she has grown very fond of Peter Capaldi's character and his wife, Daughter and Son. He couldn't do it again. As I said above, it would create a paradox resulting in a very bad situation that he may not be able to solve.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Yes, but if the Doctor does go back in time to when a character that's died, is still alive, it would rip the entire fabric of the space time continuum, causing a paradox. That could mean catastrophic consicquenses for the Doctor and those around him.

If you re-watch the 2 part Christopher Eccleston story Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways, you will see at some point the Ninth Doctor mention excactly this to Rose. I think it was not long before he sent Rose back to Earth in the Noughties. He says to Rose "We could just leave. Get in the Tardis and go to Marbella in 1989."

http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/27-13.htm
    ROSE: No, I was just thinking. I mean, obviously you can't, but, you've got a time machine. Why can't you just go back to last week and warn them?
    DOCTOR: As soon as the Tardis lands in that second, I become part of events, stuck in the timeline.
    ROSE: Yeah, thought it'd be something like that
    DOCTOR: There's another thing the Tardis could do. It could take us away. We could leave. Let history take its course. We go to Marbella in 1989.
    ROSE: Yeah, but you'd never do that.
    There's two different things. The Doctor could escape without consequence, but it's not the way he is. And the event which could devastate the timeline is him going back and changing the events that brought him to this point, i.e. if he goes back and warns the people, the events in his own life will happen differently and he'll never have arrived at the point in time where he goes back in time to warn the people. He doesn't just change the events leading up to that decision, he makes them completely impossible.

So, it would be fine to visit Ianto. Technically, I suppose, he could avert Ianto's death - it would change Jack's timeline, but wouldn't create an impossible contradiction since Ianto's death wasn't part of the Doctor's history.