Options

Masterchef 2014 - it's here

Comments

• Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just by the look of tomorrow night's plates I'm expecting/hoping for a higher standard tomorrow.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I'm routing for Robert, he seems a down to earth cook. But Holly, hmmm I can't warm to her for some reason.

It's the eyebrows.

Robert seems lovely.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!! Please no!
    As long as the format stays away from the reality format.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See you all tomorrow :D
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spam fritters - the highlight of the week :blush:

Oh I loved them! May have to buy a tin of spam now :-D
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have told Holly to come back in 10 years when she might become really good
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EllieG wrote: »
    Caught that he danced on TOTP ... not sure what it was before that though :confused:

Said he'd been the world Lindyhop champion, I think. Some sort of Lindyhop champ, anyway.
    In his intro it said he taught it now.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly i will have to watch on catch up tomorrow and Friday if it is on then as i am out. Bother! I will really miss the banter although reading along as I watch will still make me lol.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey we are "reality TV now" ... so I can say things like ... You are just jelluz, you're such a hater.. etc etc

:p:p:p:p Wiggles fingers in ears!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Im sure I saw Tim in a clip.who won last year

Natalie, young woman from London.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    EllieG wrote: »
    Caught that he danced on TOTP ... not sure what it was before that though :confused:

Hot Gossip. :D
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so distracted by Holly's utterly immobile face that I could hardly look at her food....

Why would you want to do that to yourself at 22?
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey we are "reality TV now" ... so I can say things like ... You are just jelluz, you're such a hater.. etc etc
    You're settling into the new environment!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Natalie, young woman from London.

Gosh yes of course thanks.
    Good group tonight. For a minute there when John said only two can go through, I did think they might save another
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Holly is going to win.... she smells too good apparently
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have told Holly to come back in 10 years when she might become really good

I can't forgive her for burning that duck!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Gosh yes of course thanks.
    Good group tonight. For a minute there when John said only two can go through, I did think they might save another

She won with a scotch egg.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So according to India, Thomasina was the first winner of MasterChef. Have they forgotten the original eleven series run!?

And why do they use eggs from the Netherlands?
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Phew....finally found the thread. Only took 4 hours :p

I'm glad Robert survived a near catastrophic disaster and made it through.

Was glad he didn't get the Smash out for the pomme puree.

Cooking again tonight so any ideas before would be welcome. I've done curry, chinese and italian over the last week. My parents have been well fed :D

Now onto other business
    Ah, but if we're using Wikipedia - "MasterChef is a competitive cooking reality show, open to amateur and home chefs"

Big mistake relying on Wikipedia. If it's what the BBC call it, fair enough, otherwise it's just the opinion of the author. If they had the contestants living together in a house then that introduces a reality element into it. It's a competition, plain and simple.

Oh and Gregg, it should be "Happy anniversary. Three wives and three failed businesses but only one co-judge".
  • Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, she has the palate and the basic techniques but makes mistakes, so Holly might turn out to be the one who learns through the series, and especially from the restaurant chefs. Or she could crash and burn in the next round.
  • Options
    saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    holly is really unlikeable, seems full of herself

they were all rubbish with lamb mince! they should have stuffed the aubergine.

I actually auditioned for this series but didn't quite make it.. its going to be weird to watch now!! I will apply again this year though.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    Aubergine 3 ways. Glug.... not sure about the white splodge in the middle.

I didn't even know there was more than one way to eat Aubergine until I watched this, don't really fancy fried Aubergine.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'd like to know your thoughts on something that has just occurred to me. This is just my opinion but I feel that the people who get through to the final of this version of Master Chef actually seem to be better than the people on the Professionals version which should not really be the case seeing as they are professionals. I'd be interested to see a series of past normal winners against past professional winners.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saladcream wrote: »
    holly is really unlikeable, seems full of herself

they were all rubbish with lamb mince! they should have stuffed the aubergine.

I actually auditioned for this series but didn't quite make it.. its going to be weird to watch now!! I will apply again this year though.

Keep practising those smears, purees and deconstructions and you'll go far. Keep us posted so we can root for you