Options

Would you recommend T-Mobile?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
Forum Member
I've been on O2 for a very very long time and never really palnned on leaving. However I would like a black Wii and theres contract I've seen where I get one free.

Like I said I've only ever been on O2 so I have no idea what T-Mobile is like. But I've heard good and bad things. So I'm looking for a little guidence.

Comments

• Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have used them for several years with no problems, since the 121 days, but then everyone is different. If you get the handset on the tariff you want and it does what you need, there's no problem.
  • Options
    paulbeattie87paulbeattie87 Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just left them, only reason was I wanted an iPhone which was only on O2 at the time. Network was always very reliable and good signal wherever I went. Not really any complaints, if they'd had an iPhone I wouldn't have left.
  • Options
    davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't go to them because their signal seems to be crap. You check what the signal is like in your area by clicking here and entering your postcode in the 3 boxes and click check coverage:D
  • Options
    minty82minty82 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't go to them because their signal seems to be crap. You check what the signal is like in your area by clicking here and entering your postcode in the 3 boxes and click check coverage:D

but that depends on op's location, he might get great signal. i've been with them for years and never had a problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id recommend them. Been about 2 years since I used them last though.

However, CS was always helpful and reception was always good.

Rententions was crap though, thats why I left. Wouldn't even knock off a £10 delivery charge!
  • Options
    davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minty82 wrote: »
    but that depends on op's location, he might get great signal

I am aware of that, hence me giving him the the website to check if his area gets a good signal or not
  • Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davybhoy wrote: »
    I am aware of that, hence me giving him the the website to check if his area gets a good signal or not

I wouldn't rely solely on the website of any of the mobile networks to establish coverage.

I would take that as a guide, but also ask people who are on the network you are thinking about joining to see what their coverage experiences are like in the places that you want to use your phone.

Most of the networks also offer free PAYG SIM cards, that would let you test the coverage in your area with your existing handset (assuming it isn't locked).

You can use the following link to get a Free SIM from T-Mobile:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/free-pay-as-you-go-sim-cards/
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThePhenom wrote: »
    Id recommend them. Been about 2 years since I used them last though.

However, CS was always helpful and reception was always good.

Rententions was crap though, thats why I left. Wouldn't even knock off a £10 delivery charge!

CS was indeed very good 2 years ago, unfortunately it has deteriorated somewhat since then - mainly because it is now mostly based around the other side of the world. :(
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    one2one were crap, T-Mobile were crap - up until a month or so ago. Now suddenly, their PAYG tariffs aren't looking bad. :)

Only downside from my perspective is their occasional use of foreign call centres, their sickly pink branding and their underlying call charges, which are still grossly expensive.
  • Options
    minty82minty82 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appleseed wrote: »
    CS was indeed very good 2 years ago, unfortunately it has deteriorated somewhat since then - mainly because it is now mostly based around the other side of the world. :(

Funny, every time I have had to speak to them this year, the customer service people have always been based in the UK:confused:
  • Options
    KnightonKnighton Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Customer service for PAYG customers goes to our callcentre in the Philipines and don't worry, we're fully aware of how, erm, 'difficult' they are. Often we have to clear up the mess they create.
  • Options
    magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been with T-Mobile for a little over two years, and have been very happy with both the customer services and the signal. The flext tariff is very good. I certainly don't see myself moving any time soon.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, go for Virgin, same lines, better customer service and cheaper prices IMHO :)

PS and you can pay to access your voicemail on T-Mobile! :mad:
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knighton wrote: »
    Customer service for PAYG customers goes to our callcentre in the Philipines and don't worry, we're fully aware of how, erm, 'difficult' they are. Often we have to clear up the mess they create.

One of the reasons why I went over to Virgin and their call centre is in South Africa :)
  • Options
    daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you live the vast majority of your working and social life within a UK city, then yes. If you travel around quite a bit and/or live rurally or in smaller towns, then no.

T-Mobile, and One2One before them seem to have invested heavily in covering urban areas, especially London, but elsewhere its a bit of a lottery. For example, I've found the coverage to be great in Blaenau Ffestiniog (small town in Snowdonia) but on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, Gower, to name only a couple where all the others have coverage, zilch.

Their coverage checker seems to be quite honest too (unlike another brightly coloured mobile phone network I could name...)
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveyfs wrote: »
    If you live the vast majority of your working and social life within a UK city, then yes. If you travel around quite a bit and/or live rurally or in smaller towns, then no.

T-Mobile, and One2One before them seem to have invested heavily in covering urban areas, especially London, but elsewhere its a bit of a lottery. For example, I've found the coverage to be great in Blaenau Ffestiniog (small town in Snowdonia) but on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, Gower, to name only a couple where all the others have coverage, zilch.

Their coverage checker seems to be quite honest too (unlike another brightly coloured mobile phone network I could name...)

Took the words right out of my mouth. U had a Virgin phone and it was terrible for coverage. At the end of the day no amount of 'free' gifts (just by a black Wii it will work out cheaper in the long run) good customer service or fancy handsets will make up for the fact that you can't get a signal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Orange has a cheaper contract but for some unknown reason we can't reception in our house. The bf just got a phone with them and has to wander around for ages before finding a signal.

If O2 would lower their rates I'd stay with them but they claim they can't!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boogienow wrote: »
    If O2 would lower their rates I'd stay with them but they claim they can't!
    Ring them and ask them for your PAC code, and when they ask you why, tell them that's it's because you've seen a better deal with T-Mobile (mention the one you put in your OP), they should then be more willing to negotiate to keep your custom!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had nothing but problems with them: they kept creating their own amouts for their phone bills. Went to Orange, which, I understand is merging with T-Mobile...