What is the answer?

MileymooMileymoo Posts: 118
Forum Member
I'm not loyal to any political party, i like certain policys on all sides. What i really want to know what the answer is to this country's issues?. Labour seemed to spend spend spend, i remember when i was pregnant in 2009/10, i was given a £190 health in pregnancy grant. When my child was born he was given £250 to put into savings, how could any country sustain such spending?.

Now we have the other end of the spectrum, benefits being cut, left right and centre. What is the perfect answer?, no party can ever get it right. It wasn't long ago we were desperate to see the back of Labour and now it's the Con/Libs. Do those who support Labour think they have all the answers and the world will suddenly become a better place if they came back into power tomorrow?. And the Con/Lib supporters, do you think they are doing a good job?.

I'm just interested in other people's views :)

Comments

• BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right. No party can ever get it right, unfortunately.

I find politics confusing for that very same reason. I have a whole load of views that range from left-right through centre.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always been a Labour supporter (became a party member in my teens), but I don't think they have any real ideas at the moment, frankly, and even if they did I would NOT trust Ed Miliband to be the one to implement them. If a general election was held tomorrow I quite honestly would have no idea who to vote for.
  • MileymooMileymoo Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    You're right. No party can ever get it right, unfortunately.

I find politics confusing for that very same reason. I have a whole load of views that range from left-right through centre.

Me to a T, i wish i could get passionate about one of them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always been a Labour supporter (became a party member in my teens), but I don't think they have any real ideas at the moment, frankly, and even if they did I would NOT trust Ed Miliband to be the one to implement them. If a general election was held tomorrow I quite honestly would have no idea who to vote for.

Yea I have no idea who I would vote for either! I have been able to vote thrice, for a general election, in my life. Once for each of the main parties. That's how much of a 'swing voter' I am. I'm also fickle. And I only ever voted Lib Eek when I was 18 to piss off my father :o

Edit: It's also amazing how much influence a leader of a party has over a vote. I don't think I've ever voted for a local candidate! I've always voted for either, general party policy, or for who I'd prefer as PM!
  • MileymooMileymoo Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I wonder who will get in next?, i can imagine millions just won't bother voting!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Well, Labour, Con and Lib are three empty bottles of whisky with a different label. They don't know what to offer you and you don't know what will you get with either of them. The lesser party's are not worth of mentioning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I'm not loyal to any of them either,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pipijuice wrote: »
    Well, Labour, Con and Lib are three empty bottles of whisky with a different label. They don't know what to offer you and you don't know what will you get with either of them. The lesser party's are not worth of mentioning.

But what if you just want to get pissed?