Flounce Watch!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
Forum Member
I'm just wondering how many people who

- have never, ever been so disgusted at a television programme in their entire lives
- can't bear to watch this farce anymore
- have had it with this series of Strictly
- will never have anything to do with Strictly again
- live for the purity of dance and would rather skewer their own eyes than watch a dance show that is no longer about dance
- have thrown their television sets in a skip out of sheer horror and disbelief

will be back watching and commenting this Saturday or will we be witnessing a sudden influx of 'new' forum members? ;-)

Comments

• allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I await the sound of many a petticoat rustling! 😉
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

- have never, ever been so disgusted at a television programme in their entire lives
    - live for the purity of dance and would rather skewer their own eyes than watch a dance show that is no longer about dance

will be back watching and commenting this Saturday or will we be witnessing a sudden influx of 'new' forum members? ;-)

You should make a list of them and then name and shame on Saturday :D
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suspect much of the flouncing and 'Outraged from Pinner' comments will have vanished into the oh so thin air by Saturday and they'll all be back cheerng for someone else - and then flouncing again when THEY get knocked out !!
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I think we need to develop an international standard for flouncing. And a system to mark them for technical merit and artistic interpretation. :D
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we need to develop an international standard for flouncing. And a system to mark them for technical merit and artistic interpretation. :D

Just don't let that Darcey judge
    :p
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Just don't let that Darcey judge
    :p

Oh I bet in the world of ballet she has seen a flounce or three. I think she is a shoe-in for head judge. :D
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    flounce watch:

one FM has returned already and confessed they were drunk during their flounce what are the rules regarding this, is drunkness an extenuating circumstance?
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, we could have a grading system, from 1 to 10 godets, 1 being a pathetic slow rotation with absolutely no rustle and 10 being a hurricane force swish, much rustling and eye rolling and a fleckle thrown in for good measure. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I would preface my first post-flounce post with 'And just one more thing ...' and then from then on just continue as if I had never flounced. I would also download some kind of app that sends an electric shock to my genitals every time I even thought about pressing the >:( smilie.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect much of the flouncing and 'Outraged from Pinner' comments will have vanished into the oh so thin air by Saturday and they'll all be back cheerng for someone else - and then flouncing again when THEY get knocked out !!

You think they'll last that long ? :o:D:o
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am proud to say that although I have seen two adored contestants eliminated (obviously unfairly and due to conspiracies, rigging, manipulation and favouritism) I have performed ne'er a flounce. ^_^
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should they be allowed to flounce if they haven't watched this year? (There seems to be a couple of them)

I've been quite lucky that in the years I really invested in a celebrity (2006 and 2012) they both won so I am inexperienced in the world of flounces.
    Forum Member
    Should they be allowed to flounce if they haven't watched this year? (There seems to be a couple of them)

I've been quite lucky that in the years I really invested in a celebrity (2006 and 2012) they both won so I am inexperienced in the world of flounces.

Ah now you know I think that scores quite high in terms of degree of difficulty. You have to flounce in and flounce out all in one seamless motion. Sort of the fleckerl of flouncing. :D:D:D
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already performed my flounce and got marked down for my finger action. :(

Although to be fair, none of my favourites have been eliminated ... I was just practising!

I definitely think we should have a points system for flouncing back INTO a thread!!!! After all, there's even more of a knack to that! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Flouncers need to learn the joys of hate-watching. If I'd have flounced after Austinwozrobbed then I'd never have experienced the joy of watching the faces of the judges and the front row as Bacofoil was unfurled upon the world.
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    flounce watch:

one FM has returned already and confessed they were drunk during their flounce what are the rules regarding this, is drunkness an extenuating circumstance?

I have a lot of respect for your experience and judgement here Planets. (aka higher post count) What do you think. More skill to potht when pithed or less because it isn't a pre-meditated flounce?
    Yes, we could have a grading system, from 1 to 10 godets, 1 being a pathetic slow rotation with absolutely no rustle and 10 being a hurricane force swish, much rustling and eye rolling and a fleckle thrown in for good measure. :D

You are really getting the hang of this. :D:D
    Forum Member
    Flouncers need to learn the joys of hate-watching. If I'd have flounced after Austinwozrobbed then I'd never have experienced the joy of watching the faces of the judges and the front row as Bacofoil was unfurled upon the world.

LMSO - I like what you did there. :D
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, it wasn't so much unfurled as jerkily unravelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was tv less during Bacofoil so I've never seen it but I'm afraid to look it up in case I'm traumatised.

Only time I came close to a flounce was Craig's inexplicable 9 for Mark and Karen's AT. What was he thinking?!
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was tv less during Bacofoil so I've never seen it but I'm afraid to look it up in case I'm traumatised.

Only time I came close to a flounce was Craig's inexplicable 9 for Mark and Karen's AT. What was he thinking?!

I never saw that because, rather than flouncing, it was the series I was sulking 'cus #Colinwuzrobbed.:blush:
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of Mark.....:kitty:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on my friend. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    To be fair, it wasn't so much unfurled as jerkily unravelled.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was abroad during Colin's year so never saw #colinwuzrobbed. (Did he then go to the Sky breaking news desk and tweet "Colin was here?).

I only didn't flounce because Mark got through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of Mark.....:kitty:

He should have given 11 then! ;)