Anyone here on their own Christmas Day?

Comments

• LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    It depends on what the weather does. If it looks like lots of snow for the end of this week then I have to decide if I want to risk the trip and, even scarier, risk being stranded for a few extra days with the family. I've done Christmases alone before and didn't find it too bad, in fact it was quite fun.
  • Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Just me and the cat, the cat's cooking this year.:o:cool:

I decided it was the cats turn to wash up the other day. She never did though. :mad:

;):p
    why are you seperated??

My aunt is, she's not exactly friend-ful, and there's almost 0 family on her side. Feel guilty about not inviting her but she's very uncorfortable in company. :(

Maybe you could pop in on her for 10 minutes or give her a 'phone call?
    No. but might be. As my mum and sister are away, and might not get back becuase of the snow.

if I am. I plan to go for a very long walk in the snow. nothing else to do. no meal. no nothing.

If they're not can you not buy the stuff yourself and make your own Christmas dinner? :confused: Or do you have any friends and/or relatives near by?
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be. I'll have my cat for company, which suits me fine and I'm cat sitting too. Daughter is going away (weather pending) and I'm looking after Colin the cat for two weeks.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Kittycat73 wrote: »

Maybe you could pop in on her for 10 mins or give her a 'phone call?

She's over hour and half away- so going to call her in morning and night. We've sent all her presents, but she's not great at eating.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I often ask the cat 'to do the washing up' while I'm out, no luck so far.:rolleyes::(
  • Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's over hour and half away- so going to call her in morning and night. We've sent all her presents, but she's not great at eating.

Aww, that's nice of you to think of her so much though. :) I hope she gets better with accepting ccomapany and eating. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would bother me to be on my own on Christmas Day. I hate all the hassle anyway and seem to spend the day running around like an idiot :rolleyes:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am working on it ... Being on my own on Christmas Day would be wonderful ... for others and myself.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I'll be in a big, warm house with all my friends and family round the dinner table, feeling sorry for the lonely people of this world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas is a time to be alone and to realise the futility of existence.

Sounds like just another day for you then :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I'll be alone but all the while i have schizophrenia I'll always have someone to talk too. :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there'll still be people on here on Christmas Day. Not that many, but some.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    Sounds like just another day for you then :)
    Sometimes you can only see the darkness when there is light.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    are you lot all men?

My boyf seems to enjoy a day of solitude on xmas day and I love a big family do. Don't even mind his families do's without him, he prefers to stay home and man sulk.
  • wmoorewmoore Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as my sister and her OH land at Heathrow on Wednesday then I won't be having Christmas alone. But if they don't then yes I will be.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Christmas is a time to be alone and to realise the futility of existence.
    Enjoy!! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are taking in a friend of my daughter from uni who if she doesn't make it home to her family in Germany this week due to the weather - I couldn't bear to think of her sitting alone in a student flat on Christmas Day.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    We are taking in a friend of my daughter from uni who if she doesn't make it home to her family in Germany this week due to the weather - I couldn't bear to think of her sitting alone in a student flat on Christmas Day.

That is a really nice thing to do. :)
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just me, my husband and 2 children on Christmas Day, love it.

We were supposed to be going to my parents for a few days on Boxing Day, but with the snow and our car being stuck elsewhere since Friday, it's not happening.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am working on it ... Being on my own on Christmas Day would be wonderful ... for others and myself.

You cannot be serious. :(:( (Wrong tennis player, I know).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Just me and the cat, the cat's cooking this year.:o:cool:

ROFL!

Cats cook? Having cats myself I think you will find the cat will order in a takeaway rather than lower itself to cooking.

On topic - I would rather be on my own than having to do the family rounds I just cant be arsed.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    ROFL!

Cats cook? Having cats myself I think you will find the cat will order in a takeaway rather than lower itself to cooking.

On topic - I would rather be on my own than having to do the family rounds I just cant be arsed.

The crap weather might give you a good excuse to stay indoors. :D

It's just me and my husband this year and we can't bloody wait!! We've let people know that we're staying in by ourselves and that we'll see them after Christmas.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I'll be in a big, warm house with all my friends and family round the dinner table, feeling sorry for the lonely people of this world.

Yup! I would feel so miserable if I spent Xmas alone. It's a time for laughter and fun and family and love and sharing lots and lots of food!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeMeowWoof wrote: »
    are you lot all men?

My boyf seems to enjoy a day of solitude on xmas day and I love a big family do. Don't even mind his families do's without him, he prefers to stay home and man sulk.

My OH threatens to do this every year :D, he never does though!

I love my big, loud, excessive family Christmas day - I wouldn't be anywhere else (I do pop round to OH's folks for a few drinks at some point)

OH would be happy with beans on toast and the PS3 :eek: :D
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be at work, so not technically "on my own".