Radiohead announce surprise new album

2»

Comments

• Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    Yes so excited for this! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Something to listen to would be nice, I haven't been keeping track of any possible live bootlegs this time around.

If only there was a video hub where you'd only have to type in some keywords in a searchbar and have your results :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmbg3Z0x6jQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDl-oAiLL5U

(basically he did a few solo gigs as well as with his band and treated the fans with some new songs)

My bet is there's going to be no single, no press, and still they'll sell truckloads of albums. Bloody geniuses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I think it would be great if they go the Led Zep route - no singles at all, just release the album and then let the fans listen to it in the order the band wanted you to hear it.
    Forum Member
    For some reason they have now decided to release the album today, and you can watch the video to Lotus Flower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I am loving it.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason they have now decided to release the album today, and you can watch the video to Lotus Flower.

Thanks for the update - I'm downloading it now!! :D

The WAV format file is big, though, a 383MB!!
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the first listen, it sounds okay I guess. Sounds very Four Tet-y. Guessing it's a grower
    Forum Member
    Codex is absolutely beautiful.
    Forum Member
    On the first listen, it sounds okay I guess. Sounds very Four Tet-y. Guessing it's a grower

Thoughts and reviews on the album as a whole or individual tracks most welcome!
    Forum Member
    Listened to it 3 times now. Must say I absolutely love it. I know a lot of people are a bit disappointed, but I'm certainly not.
    Separator, Codex, Giving Up the Ghost, Lotus Flower and Morning Mr Magpie are my favourites.
  • IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Really liking the Locus flower video.
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Listened to it 3 times now. Must say I absolutely love it. I know a lot of people are a bit disappointed, but I'm certainly not.
    Separator, Codex, Giving Up the Ghost, Lotus Flower and Morning Mr Magpie are my favourites.

I'm just on my fourth listen now and I really like it too. I find it too short though,and I hope the rumours are right that there's more to come.

Favourite tracks so far are Bloom, LittleByLittle and Give Up The Ghost. That'll probably change over time as it sinks in properly.
    Forum Member
    There are rumours circulating that a second part is released tomorrow. I imagine this has only come about due to it being bought forward.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    There are rumours circulating that a second part is released tomorrow. I imagine this has only come about due to it being bought forward.
    Also maybe because there're a few other new songs that were played live the last few months.
    That said there's nothing wrong with a short but consistent and fulfilling album such as tKoL. I just took a pause listening to it on repeat, the only little problem I have is I can't let go of the solo accoustic version of Give up the ghost. Also, I'm ok with Present Tense not making it to the album for the same reason. It's just another "How I made my millions" moment.

(link in my post above)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

Where did you hear this?
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, it's definitely a grower. On probably my third listen now and it's definitely revealing more of itself each time. Liking it a lot more anyways
  • GorkyGorky Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it after only one proper listen which is a good sign for me. Although it's not that short, I can't help thinking we won't have to wait too long for more songs. It doesn't seem their style to only release 8 tracks, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Rolling Stone have done a track-by-track special on the album.:)

Rolling Stone Article.

I really like it. Not as instantly hitting as In Rainbows, but I still enjoyed it on the first listen.:)
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On track 3 an really liking it so far. Dense - lots of layes to get lost in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Codex, Give Up The Ghost and Separator.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going through this now. Really enjoying Bloom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Codex is beautiful
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little By Little has the typical Radiohead bassline.
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I like Give Up The Ghost a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So after third listen through I really like this. Particular favourites at this early stage:

Little by little, Lotus flower, Give up the ghost and Codex.

Some gorgeous tunes (Codex) and arrangements. It may be my age, but I like music I can chill to and this is perfect for getting my headphones on, closing my eyes and escaping.