Options

AUS version

The Australian version is currently airing, I'm watching it, only one I recognise however (Marcia Brady)

Comments

• Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving it. So much kinder and gentler than the UK version. I know a couple others. Chrissie is someone who's been on some of the Australian Big Brother related shows.

But I'm looooooving Maureen McCormick.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one i know is big Merv, he still has that dry sense of humour from his cricket 'sledging' days.
    Is it true that they are in there for six weeks?
  • Options
    BarrieTBarrieT Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Yes I'm in Australia and its on for 6 weeks but only 5 eps a week. It's on youtube if you are in UK and want to catch up. It's coming 3rd in the ratings against cooking and renovating reality shows. The hosts Julia Morris and Dr Chris Brown (Bondi Vet) are very funny and I think are funnier than Ant & Dec. format is identical except its set in South Africa. The camp seems a lot smaller than the UK version and they dont have 2 teams at the start. The celebs are laura (miss australia 2008 who went from zero to hero with her tucker trials), Lauren (childrens TV presenter from hi-5) Barry a rugby player, merv hughes (cricketer) maureen (us actor brady bunch 1970 sitcom) andrew daddo (tv presenter) tyson (underwear model) chrissie swan (comedian ex big brother contestant) joel creasy (gay comedian) and intruders are Tim & Anna from reality show The Bachelor Australia. Tim & Anna are annoying as they are a couple and keep kissing in front of everyone. Laura refused to do a trial as she didnt want to get dirty so was voted every day. She eventually did really well. Its only been on for 2 weeks here.
  • Options
    petalspetals Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    The femaile presenter is ruining the show. She is over the top, trying to grab airtime and makes inappropriate comments which if a man made them would get him lynched. Ant and Dec are consumate professionals compared to her.:o
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    They've added Freddie Flintoff :o
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I love Maureen. Thought at first she'd be a bit of a diva but she's been great to watch. My other favourite is the woman from Big Brother, Chrissie. I can see the Australian public voting to split up the couple just for the drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    They've added Freddie Flintoff :o
    Should be even better now, Merv has a rival 'sledger'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lauren looked really down at the start when she refused the trials but now she looks and acts completely different. I'm pleased that the Australian public are not picking on her. Shes redeemed herself. I'd like to see both Anna and Tim evicted. They are both non-celebrities and a waste of time. Freddie Flintoff coming in tonight should be fun. Julie a masterchef winner is also coming in. Everyone seems to be too nice so far and theres been no real arguments. I'd like to see it kick offf.
  • Options
    kxkkxk Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Lauren is the smaller feisty girl, you mean Laura old Miss Aus from years ago - and how she ever got that no idea she isn't very attractive.

God I hope merv gets the boot he is revolting, sexist, big fat bore.

I love the hosts.

Freddie should be fun, the cook is a waste of space, hell they could have picked one of the cute winners at least if we have to have a bloody cook. They may as well just send in any old housewife of the streets she is such a bore.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Freddie Flintoff is a bigger booking than any the UK version has managed to get recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes i meant to type Laura (Miss Australia 2008) not Lauren. Baffles me how she won that crown in 2008 too.
  • Options
    SMcginn03SMcginn03 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where I can these episodes? They've now been blocked on YouTube?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SMcginn03 wrote: »

Yes, Australia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SMcginn03 wrote: »

It loos like Mirla Vako has a channel on you tube that may not be blocked.
  • Options
    kxkkxk Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Check if channel 10 geo blocks you, they have streaming free for an hour after the show is on TV, so maybe they have it available to you???

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here/fallout-zone

Merv has changed tactics,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kxk wrote: »
    Merv has changed tactics,

Yeah, looks like he is going for the sympathy vote now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could have cried for Merv. He is a typical aussie blokey who never shows his feelings. He thinks real men dont cry. I think Andrew Daddo gave him a hug because he knew thats that he needed. He wasnt going to share how upset he really was or ask for a hug.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    It's a good starter series. Just enough trials that are difficult, but leaving room to move for future series, too. And I like the camaraderie in camp, that's a good feel for an early series to have.
  • Options
    hirtahirta Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I suffer with depression':

Freddie Flintoff candidly opens up about battles with mental illness and alcohol on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

He was once almost as well known for his partying ways as he was for his cricketing skills.

And on Sunday's episode of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Freddy Flintoff candidly revealed he quit drinking in a bid to aid his struggle against depression.

The 37-year-old casually mentioned he no longer indulges with alcohol, and when asked why explained: 'I genuinely thought I had enough of it... I suffer with depression and it doesn't help at all, [you] just hit rock bottom afterwards.'

DailyMail Australia
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff crowned King of the Jungle in the first I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Australia

Very happy with that! :)