Options

The biggest sign that this series isn't engaging people as much..

Comments

• Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its such a bore this year! Asked my sister the other day who's her favourite HM, she said none of them (she usually has a fave) and that it's just not interesting her so its just on in the background, i agree it's dire so far for the first week.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer a slow start to BB. Let them settle in and get to know each other and then start forming affiliations. Unfortunately if BOTS is anything to go by the producers are already desperate to sex things up. So it will be fake relationships and more truth or dare with lap dances. Blame it on the viewing public in general who have mostly have the attention span of a goldfish. But then I'm one of those who enjoyed the Jon Tickle year.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Is that such a bad thing :confused:

I think it's refreshing to see most are laughing and joking rather than throwing petty insults at each other :)

I agree. I'm enjoying the show so far and it's engaging me far more than the usual tears tantrums and hideousness we have had in the last few years. It reminds me of the channel 4 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely :/ I've not been watching recently either, I tuned in for the noms but that was it
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blame the housemates and production team.
  • Options
    AJ_is_HOTAJ_is_HOT Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to watch it but I can't. I couldn't even finish watching the launch which was sad.

I don't even want to begin on how poor the launch night and the selection of housemates were. It's sad because usually I am the one promoting BB every year, but this year there is nothing to brag about and reading comments on Twitter, FB and the Forums kind of prove why this year is one of those years where they have got it wrong.

Enough of all the showbiz, TOWIE, young, fame-hungry people who have most likely been pre-selected to come on the show. What happened to ever having normal people on the show and a bit of variety? BB 2013 was not only the best on C5 but probably the best ever.

Also AJ needs to return on BOTS, it's always been better with 2 presenters unless of course you're Russell Brand.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anything I prefer this years HMs, Helen spoiled BB15 for me from day 1
  • Options
    Dr ZDr Z Posts: 3,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but It seems all forums right across the internet are slowing right down.

I've moderated on a couple of forums, both with very respectable membership numbers, and one has died completely, while the other has gone from thousands of posts per day, to a handful.

I say Facebook and Twitter are the culprits.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    AJ_is_HOT wrote: »
    I want to watch it but I can't. I couldn't even finish watching the launch which was sad.

I don't even want to begin on how poor the launch night and the selection of housemates were. It's sad because usually I am the one promoting BB every year, but this year there is nothing to brag about and reading comments on Twitter, FB and the Forums kind of prove why this year is one of those years where they have got it wrong.

Enough of all the showbiz, TOWIE, young, fame-hungry people who have most likely been pre-selected to come on the show. What happened to ever having normal people on the show and a bit of variety? BB 2013 was not only the best on C5 but probably the best ever.

Also AJ needs to return on BOTS, it's always been better with 2 presenters unless of course you're Russell Brand.

I think that there is quite a lot of variety in Housemates. You know, they aren't all involved in media already - Harriet works in a cafe, Joel is a student and local councillor, Nick is unemployed, to name but a few. When you think about it, it makes no sense for 'fame-hungry' people to go on the show, because it's so sparsely viewed these days that not enough people will see it for that to work. The auditionees know that.

And what do you mean, 'pre-selected'? It's a television show, of course the production team select the participants. There has never been a series where members of the public have just turned up and entered the House without any sort of selection process.
  • Options
    PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member
    The show is fine, actually quite good casting this year. It's the forum that is the problem. The forum was unbearable last summer and when I thought it couldn't get any worse it did during this January's CBB. It seemed like Hopkins and Helen had every friend and family member posting nonstop. Many FMs have gone to twitter.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time I really have given up on it. Not really even checking in on here.
    Not because last year was bad (it was) but after the first two or three episodes I found this one to be worse. Uninspired selection of participants, terrible tasks, appaling production. The stupid car 'twist' was the final straw.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I like the forum so far, not getting shouted down or your posts dissected makes a refreshing change.

I also like the HM's........so far ;-)
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the series so far - for the first time in ages! I hated last year - I can't stand constant arguing & bitching...naturally, in any situation there'll be disagreements & that's fine. Helen Wood et al last year were the absolute pits...I very nearly threw the towel in & stopped watching.

We almost had the obligatory romance with Danny/Sarah but he's backed off now he thinks he's popular & she doesn't appear to be. Well thank goodness for that...

I've enjoyed the tasks so far and last night's episode was great - I laughed (more than once!!) - the angst and bitterness of previous series hasn't generated many laughs for me, so I've been pleasantly surprised.

So far so good...hoping for more fun tasks and more laughs!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helsbels46 wrote: »
    We almost had the obligatory romance with Danny/Sarah but he's backed off now he thinks he's popular & she doesn't appear to be. Well thank goodness for that...

I don't think that would ever have come to anything anyway. The attraction seemed mostly one-sided, I think Sarah seems too grounded to do anything like that. Then again, I would have said that about Kimberly at this time last year as well, you never can tell...
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 'half watching' because my visiting daughter in law is trying to stick with the series. Haven't watched last night's episode yet, depends on how busy I get.
    But based on many HMs' nominations reasons I'm apparently too old to "get" them... they don't want my attention or votes. Fair enough... I'm just waiting for CBB anyway.
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that would ever have come to anything anyway. The attraction seemed mostly one-sided, I think Sarah seems too grounded to do anything like that. Then again, I would have said that about Kimberly at this time last year as well, you never can tell...

I quite like Sarah but I do think she was starting to 'consider' the possibility...she saw Danny appeared to be popular with the public (I'm not keen on him) and her mind ticked over...however, this coincided with Danny seeing the HMs nominate her in large numbers & then hear the public's view of her (second most untrustworthy (I think)), so he's backed off!

Time will tell...!!! Hope nothing happens...prefer not to see episode after episode of writhing in beds...!!! :D
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I quite like Sarah but I do think she was starting to 'consider' the possibility...she saw Danny appeared to be popular with the public (I'm not keen on him) and her mind ticked over...however, this coincided with Danny seeing the HMs nominate her in large numbers & then hear the public's view of her (second most untrustworthy (I think)), so he's backed off!

Time will tell...!!! Hope nothing happens...prefer not to see episode after episode of writhing in beds...!!! :D

In last nights episode when Danny got caught trying to sneak across the floor in the dark, they showed Sarah sitting up in bed asking where he was intending to go. I got the feeling she was hoping it was towards her bed....;-)
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more to do with people getting nastier and nastier on the forum than it is to do with the show for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member

What's popular about Danny? I don't actively dislike him, but to me he has seemed really insignificant. The only thing I know about him is that he has (or had) an interest in Sarah, but I felt that this was more to do with Sarah's edit than Danny's. Sarah has been a very major character, Danny hasn't at all, I don't think.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    In last nights episode when Danny got caught trying to sneak across the floor in the dark, they showed Sarah sitting up in bed asking where he was intending to go. I got the feeling she was hoping it was towards her bed....;-)

no,she asked what exactly the end goal was.i thought it was quite funny how Kieran ruined his prank:D
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Blame the housemates and production team.

I think the housemates are quite samey this year, obviously the twins are the same, Harriet and chloe are similar , Joel ,nick and Cristian are alike , Jade and Adjoa don't look alike but are the naughty girls , not enough different personalities or backgrounds this year , half of them look like they escaped made in Chelsea , not the most exciting bunch they ever put in there
  • Options
    Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we have another 3 more years of BB on C5, as Channel 5 has signed a new contract extending it to 2018. My guess is BB will run on C5 for as long as it did on C4 before it is finally FINALLY axed for good. If this BB is an indication of how things will be going, just think how dire BB will be in 2018. :( >:(
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 2/3/4 series put me off watching anymore. Judging by the forum I'm pleased I didn't bother as it seems they're following the same format.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    this_THAT wrote: »
    forum is dead compared to last year

It was last year that killed it. Last year this forum (just like the house) was incredibly combative and nasty.I know several (long term BB ) FM's who vowed not to watch or partake again - so far they've been true to their word.

It's a shame.
  • Options
    SneakyBooSneakyBoo Posts: 7,850
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Is that such a bad thing :confused:

I think it's refreshing to see most are laughing and joking rather than throwing petty insults at each other :)

Same here, I prefer a funny start than a tense one, I get really sick of the fighting pretty quick.
    On another note, I haven't watched BB in years since it moved to Channel 5 and I just picked up on it this year because it started to play on TV3 here in Ireland as well and I'm loving it..... wish I could watch live feed though.