Daily Mirror not pulling its punches...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On its front page...http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2010/Dec/Week1/15848332.jpg

The article:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/12/06/new-x-factor-fix-fury-as-mary-is-axed-in-surprise-sing-off-115875-22764434/

The 'Fix' accusations are mounting up and surely cant be good news for Simon...its really starting to boil over and eat away at the shows integrity. Also, he wont like the US-related comment before XF gets over there either.

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Wow - that is quite a hard hitting article

Careful what you post on here - you could end up in the papers!:D
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Who said:
    “I am not spending my money on this bulls*** of a show. This is a joke.”

:D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the plug for The X Factor tour at the bottom of the article :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonderful!!
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    LOL, I love all of this throwing of teddies, Mary was great, but cummon UK, a real chance of winning, no way, she is NOT Subo by any means.

She did not deserve to go any further, wether she ONLY worked in tescos or not. A good club singer but for the charts and TV, no way.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloudyE wrote: »
    LOL, I love all of this throwing of teddies, Mary was great, but cummon UK, a real chance of winning, no way, she is NOT Subo by any means.

She did not deserve to go any further, wether she ONLY worked in tescos or not. A good club singer but for the charts and TV, no way.

It's not the point. People were encouraged to vote for someone on a false premise.
  • sezziesezzie Posts: 11,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Me too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol good job the people who were quoted. :D
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cloudy the uproar is not becuase of who went.
  • VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member

I saw that too, at this rate they might have to give those tickets away for free or pay people to come and see the tour lol. ;)
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Nor did Cher - that's not the point.

Mary apparently got more votes than Cher - yet despite Louis and the ITV website saying the act with the lowest votes goes Cher stayed.
    Forum Member

That isn't the point. People are questioning whether the sing-off was a last minute invention to save Cher from getting kicked off if she had the lowest number of votes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, never thought the Mirror would do a u-turn on the front pages too... Has Simon upset somebody there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Love that they quote DSers :cool: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    It's not the point. People were encouraged to vote for someone on a false premise.

exactly- I at least expect to know what I am voting for when I am paying money :cool:
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The article looses all credibility by promoting the tour.

Jamie Macdonald, you are now officially a celeb. I vote Jamie for next years IACGMOH.
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    That isn't the point. People are questioning whether the sing-off was a last minute invention to save Cher from getting kicked off if she had the lowest number of votes.

They can ask all they like, the judges decide as they can every week, there is nothing different about this week.

If people (suddenly) dont like the "normal" format becasue Mary left, then dont vote.

life is simple, its just that people make it complicated.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol lots of posters are famous now!
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We made it people! :)
    Forum Member

If people (suddenly) dont like the "normal" format becasue Mary left, then dont vote.

It never has been the 'normal format' to have a sing-off for a place in the finals. Epic fail there CloudyE :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article looses all credibility by promoting the tour.

No it doesnt, that tour sentence is at the bottom of all Mirror XFactor stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see the voting figures at the end, this year more than any other year. They better produce them or there will be a right row.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It never has been the 'normal format' to have a sing-off for a place in the finals. Epic fail there CloudyE :)

Agree. They tripped themselves up there. This is the whole point why people are complaining. The usual rules were changed to save Cher.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can ask all they like, the judges decide as they can every week, there is nothing different about this week.

The 'normal' format has been changed on a weekly basis this year based on the script.

When you have to chuck your T&C's out the window in week 3 because the pesky public are messing things up, and then pull a stunt like tonight that even Louis and ITV weren't aware of, then you've not only jumped the shark you decapitated it.

Changing the question asked to the judges to a positive vote, to try and bend that to fit with the listing for the show on the ITV website was just taking the piss.

There's manipulation and then there's outright forcing of a result against that vote, you can't do that in a show that relies on public votes. A lesson X-Factor should have learned from Big Brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It doesn't matter how many different ways you say it- it still won't make sense :D:D:D

They can adopt whatever format they like, normal or otherwise- but they need to tell me before the vote closes- not leave me to guess- I have never previous been misled- I always knew when there was and when there wasn't a judges vote

whatever procedure they want to adopt is fine- but they have to advise viewers they are charging a premium rate to before the lines close