Options

'Celebrity' Apprentice ?

CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
Forum Member
✭✭
Why not have one of these ? - and if I was in charge of production, I'd have the normal Apprentice at 16 weeks, the Junior one also within the same time-scale (that's about 8 months there, folks), and the 'celebrity' one for about 12 weeks ?

That'd give us a break of about a month before it starts all over again :)

What do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    They do have one, usually part of Comic Relief which will air next year in March so not too long to wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Relief_Does_The_Apprentice
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    The Celebrity Apprentice is quite a big show in America, and they have had a few British stars competing- Sharon Osbourne & Piers Morgan (who eventually won). They always manage to attact quite big names, and the upcoming season has people like Dionne Warwick taking part,
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    They tried to do this for the Irish version, couldn't get enough celebs interested! D'oh! :eek:
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'd love a proper Celebrity Apprentice series, similar to the US version.
    I'm not keen on the one-off Comic Relief specials
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I don't want a celeb apprentice, the problem is they are expected to beg all their celeb pals to help out in tasks.
  • Options
    GarstyGarsty Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I am sure I have read somewhere that Lord Sugar said he would never do another Celebrity one.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Terrible idea. A full length celeb edition would lessen the show's credibility,
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Terrible idea. A full length celeb edition would lessen the show's credibility,

I agree, which is why I mentioned a run of 12 weeks (instead of the full 16).

On second thoughts, maybe a maximum of 8 (weeks) would be enough ?
  • Options
    wolfman321wolfman321 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    They tried to do this for the Irish version, couldn't get enough celebs interested! D'oh! :eek:

I think that this is the problem with a UK Celeb show. You have to remember that 3 months is a long time to a celeb no matter what they do for a living. No celeb that has a full calander is going to commit to this type of show that could damage their future.
    That is why we have washed up, out of work celebs doing the likes of 'get me out of here' and 'strictly'