Options

Bump Club on 5 Live - what the flip?

mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
I lost 5 minutes of my life while frozen in incredulity when I came across the bizarre, inane rubbish that was called bump club. Are they going all Lorraine Kelly on us?

Comments

• Options
    SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Bump club is what it is, and that's one thing.

My question is, why oh why do they have to have the charmless Colin Murray to co-host it? The man doesn't even have kids! Are Radio 5 contractually bound to parachute him into as many programmes as possible?
  • Options
    SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Deleted. Accidentally posted in wrong forum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is going as well as expected.... hence the tiresome 5live FB multiple pages of articles about the programme. With very few comments.
  • Options
    mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJM978 wrote: »
    Bump club is what it is, and that's one thing.

My question is, why oh why do they have to have the charmless Colin Murray to co-host it? The man doesn't even have kids! Are Radio 5 contractually bound to parachute him into as many programmes as possible?

Charmless. An excellent description of the man. He lacks warmth too.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    Charmless. An excellent description of the man. He lacks warmth too.

..... A bit harsh .Hes a sports guy who has been bizarrely assigned a la BBC policy of dumping presenters into whatever....and hoping for the best.
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..... A bit harsh .Hes a sports guy who has been bizarrely assigned a la BBC policy of dumping presenters into whatever....and hoping for the best.
    Agreed. I like Colin Murray, enjoy the way he presents, but the issue here is the programme. Bump club is just bizarre series to have. It's already been switched from weekday late evening slot.
    It had me switching off, it's not news and it's not sport.
  • Options
    PausePause Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    Agreed. I like Colin Murray, enjoy the way he presents, but the issue here is the programme. Bump club is just bizarre series to have. It's already been switched from weekday late evening slot.
    It had me switching off, it's not news and it's not sport.

It probably would have worked on 5 Live evenings in the mid nineties, but definitely not now.
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    It's already been switched from weekday late evening slot.

So Bump Club has already been bumped! :D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much preferred Colin Murray when he was doing late nights on Radio 1.

At least Bump Club as got it's own show now, so you can turn it off / over. It was annoying when you were listening to Tony Livesey and an hour of his show was taken up by it.

I couldn't see how it was part of a "general entertainment" show anyway, as if you're not an expecting couple, you're pretty much alienated from the show.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned over from Larry Lamb on LBC to bump club on R5 live.
    Jumping from frying pan into the fire, I think.