Mel & Sue

Comments

• Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw the intro of today's show : cringeful unfunny stuff I though we left back in the '80's.
    Do the guests come on next?

Hope this dies a death quick.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode was pure Car Crash tv. It was so bad yesterday, that I've found myself watching it again. Call it my morbid fascination. It's desperately desperately bad, and therefore unintentionally mesmerising. Can't say I'll give it a 3rd go.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the first time I've seen the show, I'm finding them pretty exhausting to watch to be honest. I don't think Sue will get away with the 'love eggs' gag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cute dogs. I mean the actual dogs! Just realised this was on. Used to love mel and sue on light lunch I hope this is along a similar vein. Sue has a type of intelligence I find alluring and mel has little moments of comic genius! Great pair.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    The first episode was pure Car Crash tv. It was so bad yesterday, that I've found myself watching it again. Call it my morbid fascination. It's desperately desperately bad, and therefore unintentionally mesmerising. Can't say I'll give it a 3rd go.

I think they did well especially considering it was live...live tv is always on the edge a bit and especially so when M&S ad lib. Jennifer Saunders was good...but I suppose that depends if you like her/think shes funny. I guess theyre not to your taste with your stark condemnation of them and were all entitled to our opinion of course. I like quick wit so thought they were good....makes a change from the dull, autocue-led pre scripted 'banter' of some presenters.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the dog looked like it was really struggling there. why make the dog do that?
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not agreeing with the dog tightrope act!

Borderline cruel in my opinion! I wouldn't be surprised if they get complaints about this!
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Omg that poor dog - what was the point of that- it looked very uncomfortable doing that "trick" :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »

Exactly! His tail was down and he certainly did not look happy doing that but pertrified.
  • birdieplantegenbirdieplantegen Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »

Was just about to post the same thing. Was quite upsetting to watch. He looked like he hit his face at the end too. Really unhappy to see a dog treated like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Offcom I think. That was not pleasant to watch! I am pretty angry about that. Christ, this is 2014 not the 1900's! - Why oh why would they put such a terrible act like that on TV!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just about to post the same thing. Was quite upsetting to watch. He looked like he hit his face at the end too. Really unhappy to see a dog treated like that.

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

I could not agree more! Offcom link above. We should NOT be watching stuff like that for entertainment these days!
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audience quite depressed today.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »

Borderline cruel in my opinion! I wouldn't be surprised if they get complaints about this!

Chris Packham looked very disapproving watching it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Packham looked very disapproving watching it.

He should of had the balls to stand up and stop it. Sue looked uncomfortable too!

Who on earth decided that was 'entertainment' for TV. I a still angry I witnessed that.
  • AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    These two have got some history in the genre which usually starts badly then gets worse. Light Lunch on C4 had to be removed from its slot. It was getting pounded in the ratings and ended up on at tea time. Then Mel had a stint on ITV co hosting with richard Hammond. That car crash, lasted six weeks, about the same time he was in a coma, coincidentally it felt like being in one watching it.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tried to watch it again today but turned over after ten minutes which is a shame because I had started to like Sue perkins again after her brilliant travel show over on the beeb ,

The whole show comes across as very amateurish which is a shame because both of them can do much better
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    These two have got some history in the genre which usually starts badly then gets worse. Light Lunch on C4 had to be removed from its slot. It was getting pounded in the ratings and ended up on at tea time. Then Mel had a stint on ITV co hosting with richard Hammond. That car crash, lasted six weeks, about the same time he was in a coma, coincidentally it felt like being in one watching it.

i actually remember that. what a mess that was.

anyway, hope they get thousands of complaints for showing that stupid dog trick.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Abysmal.

I agree, bring back Alan Titchmarsh
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    tried to watch it again today but turned over after ten minutes which is a shame because I had started to like Sue perkins again after her brilliant travel show over on the beeb ,

The whole show comes across as very amateurish which is a shame because both of them can do much better

I'm not sure they can do much better. Their humour is quite childish with a bit of sexual innuendo thrown in which quite tiresome.
  • birdieplantegenbirdieplantegen Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

I could not agree more! Offcom link above. We should NOT be watching stuff like that for entertainment these days!

Thank you for the link. Have sent a complaint and commented on the show's facebook page. There are quite a lot of people saying the same thing there too.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a very poor decision to feature all the animals today. I don't think a live television studio is appropriate and its inhumane. I cant imagine Chris and Michaela were satisfied with this and the poor dog trying to walk the tightrope was cruel and upsetting. I said in ours that the dog's owner looked a bit 'strained'...and you wonder how the poor pet was trained to attempt this. Im surprised that M&S went along with this.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member

WHAT !!!!>:( I didn't like the 5 mins of the first episode that I watched and now hearing that >:(>:(

I hope this shows dies a fast death.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »

The whole show comes across as very amateurish which is a shame because both of them can do much better[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when they become popular on a baking show but give them their own show and it's not so good. It has happened to a few others if I remember rightly.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That dog act sounds horrendous, think I'll give it a miss today :(