Olympic Stadium Seating Chart

PeePee Posts: 8,154
Forum Member
I wonder if anyone is able to help. I've received my tickets for the 100m final (so excited!) and it's got my seat details on it, yet I've so far been unable to find a seating chart anywhere online to work out where I'm sitting and more importantly what my view will be like.

Has this information not yet been released? It seems strange for it not to be at this late stage.

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone is able to help. I've received my tickets for the 100m final (so excited!) and it's got my seat details on it, yet I've so far been unable to find a seating chart anywhere online to work out where I'm sitting and more importantly what my view will be like.

Has this information not yet been released? It seems strange for it not to be at this late stage.

Been available for a while here:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Document/Documents/Venue/01/24/17/14/KDVENUESTAAthletics_Neutral.pdf

You should have a decent view where ever you sit, as that was part of the focus of the design, though of course if your in the front, lower tiers you'll have a closer view of the action.

BTW, congrats on getting the 100m tickets...:)
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have got a seating plan with your tickets. My athletics ones have just arrived and there is a leaflet about the stadium with them, which you can unfold and it shows a map. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie858 wrote: »
    You should have got a seating plan with your tickets. My athletics ones have just arrived and there is a leaflet about the stadium with them, which you can unfold and it shows a map. :)

That too. The seating plan was in the tickets I got also, although I think maybe if you buy tickets from other agencies you might not get the guide.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Pee where are you sat?
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    thanks for the responses guys. what I should've said is that my friend got 4 tickets to the 100m, and one of them is for me (I was only able to get table-tennis!). I didn't realise they'd also sent the seating plan with them too. Doh!

@Department, I'm in block 256 which I'm happy with, as I was a bit worried I'd be on the other side of the stadium away from the track.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,055
    Forum Member
    thanks for the responses guys. what I should've said is that my friend got 4 tickets to the 100m, and one of them is for me (I was only able to get table-tennis!). I didn't realise they'd also sent the seating plan with them too. Doh!

@Department, I'm in block 256 which I'm happy with, as I was a bit worried I'd be on the other side of the stadium away from the track.

Which price category were your tickets?
    Forum Member
    they cost £150, so C I believe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they cost £150, so C I believe.

Ah, that's useful information, thanks! I've yet to receive my tickets for the same session - they're category A so I can only presume the allocated block will be somewhere around block 110. I'd be surprised in Cat A tickets are in the upper tier. But, if they were, I'd still be happy with seats at the front of blocks near the finish line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Will keep my fingers crossed for you Gilbertoo, read this report of AA ticket holder very unhappy with their allocation for 100m final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9349698/London-2012-Olympics-seating-plans-reveal-poor-views-for-highest-priced-tickets.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will keep my fingers crossed for you Gilbertoo, read this report of AA ticket holder very unhappy with their allocation for 100m final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9349698/London-2012-Olympics-seating-plans-reveal-poor-views-for-highest-priced-tickets.html

Wow, I tell you what, if I'm on the back straight, I'll be mightily pissed off!
    Forum Member
    Wow, that is shocking. Best of luck Gilbertoo.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    It's their allocation for the whole session, not just the 100m.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I have also been looking for a seating plan for the athletics at the Olympic stadium. I've got the one that came with the tickets which is the one posted above. While that shows the block I'm in it doesn't show the rows. I would like to see how far back I am and have been looking for a seating plan with rows and seat numbers so I can see exactly where I'm sat.
    Can anyone help with that?
    Thank you
  • hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tam.o wrote: »
    I have also been looking for a seating plan for the athletics at the Olympic stadium. I've got the one that came with the tickets which is the one posted above. While that shows the block I'm in it doesn't show the rows. I would like to see how far back I am and have been looking for a seating plan with rows and seat numbers so I can see exactly where I'm sat.
    Thank you

Unless someone who has been there for the test events can help the chart you've got is all that seems to be available.

However there may be a way of sorts. What I was able to do in conjuction with the charts was to look at some high res pictures to get a better idea of where I would be sitting.

Now to be fair this was with hockey and swimming which have smaller venues so I was able to count rows on photos. In both cases the actual physical positions were better than the plan suggested.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you

tam o. What row are you on in the Stadium? I have my ticket from the test event in front of me.
    Forum Member
    tam o. What row are you on in the Stadium? I have my ticket from the test event in front of me.

Hi
    I'm in block 218 row 53. They are Cat B tickets. What I really want to know is does block 218 rows start with 1. If so then I'm in the upper tier 53 rows back which I think isn't great for Cat B tickets. Or do the rows start with 1 at the lower tier blocks and work they way up to the upper tiers. So I'm 53 rows back from the bottom and could be near the front of upper tier block 218?
    Thank you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Here is a picture from my seat. I was Block 220 Row 34. You will be higher but slightly to the left. Not bad at all.

http://t.co/ORw0cj8L

Sorry that link is down. Ill repost
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member

Thanks mate.
    Your seat looks good. Do you remember if the rows started?
    From the bottom or the block?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks mate.
    Your seat looks good. Do you remember if the rows started?
    From the bottom or the block?

Row 1 is the lowest and they start from the block because I was in the top tier and walked up 30 rows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

nice view you've got there...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Here is a picture from my seat. I was Block 220 Row 34. You will be higher but slightly to the left. Not bad at all.

http://t.co/ORw0cj8L

Sorry that link is down. Ill repost

Got my category A tickets today for the 100m final. Our tickets are very nearly exactly the same.....block 220, row 41.

I'm very happy with the position....but if I was to be hyper-critical, I'd say for category A, I should really be a bit lower down....say row 10....
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    random question but are the seats undercover if it rains

i have got tickets to one of the relay finals and i am in block 152 forgot what row but don't think too far back in that block
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    random question but are the seats undercover if it rains

i have got tickets to one of the relay finals and i am in block 152 forgot what row but don't think too far back in that block

The first few rows of the lower tier are definitely not protected by the elements. There were brollies up at times at the test event at the front The top tiers are certainly. It depends on your row TV.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    The first few rows of the lower tier are definitely not protected by the elements. There were brollies up at times at the test event at the front The top tiers are certainly. It depends on your row TV.

How many rows are uncovered?

if i have a brolly up then surely the people behind would complain

I am in row 14 seat 600 of block 152

will that be undercover