Options

Will this Teacher get 5 years?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I don't think it's a coincidence that she has dumped him now that she has gotten away from his influence.

She has? Good and I doubt its coincidence, what 15 year olds really want and relate to a flipping 30-odd year old, of course she was groomed.

I still can't believe the level of support he had on here, so that's a nice little close to that really isn't it.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    This carried on for FIVE years so until she was 19...

Given that, I'm not sure how much of a "victim" she is sounding here unless I have missed something.

The fact that the girl was a child of 14 when this strated?
    The fact that thast ugly female was in a position of trust? That she was obsessive?
    Very hard for a kid to deal with a creature like that.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Of course, the relationship started when the girl was 14 so its highly likely that she was groomed.

In taking her away he was removing a very young girl away from those who look out for her, away from structure and out of her environment into a strange one where she is removed and trapped in his world, with him. It would have been difficult for her to escape from it.

So if he has sex with her, that's not as bad as taking her to France? I see what you're saying, but to my way of thinking the sexual relationship, grooming etc should be the main part of the offence. And the world they were in was no more his than hers; unless she was held prisoner, which she clearly wasn't, she could have sought help if she wanted.

As I've said on another thread, I've recently seen a man who raped a 9-year-old get a similar sentence to Forrest. I don't defend Forrest; he absolutely deserves a jail sentence, but I don't get why he got such a long sentence compared to others.
  • Options
    Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    She is female she wont be jailed neither would she labeled a pedo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every male fantasy dampened in one article...
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god shes ugly....

Indeed.

Probably nowhere near 5 years though. The bulk of Jeremy Forrest's sentence was for "abduction".
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

As the girl was 14, no, she wasn't a paedophile so wouldn't be labelled as one.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    A teacher who started a relationship with a pupil aged 14 was found guilty of Indecent assault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480903/Rachel-Speed-Lesbian-teacher-41-year-sordid-relationship-schoolgirl-kissing-stationery-cupboard-14.html

She has been told she is to be jailed but I bet that she does not get 5 years. As she has been convicted of indecent assault not sex with a minor and abduction.

So she's been done for a different (and lesser) crime- doesn't it just stand to reason that she'd get a different (and lesser) sentence?

Why would you wonder if she'd get the same sentence as someone who was busted for a worse crime?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She will be jailed, the judge has said so. It tells us this in the article linked.

She's not a pedo, the girl was 14.

What was your point again?