Gettng rid of BT Vision

Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had it for a few years but fed up with it keep freezing all the time and BBC 1 Player crashing my box off and having to wait for it to power up again. I have only had these problems since they 'upgraded it' last year. If I get rid of it can I still use the box (which I have been told I can keep as I have had it for such a long time) to record stuff? Thanks for advice.

Comments

• iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had it for a few years but fed up with it keep freezing all the time and BBC 1 Player crashing my box off and having to wait for it to power up again. I have only had these problems since they 'upgraded it' last year. If I get rid of it can I still use the box (which I have been told I can keep as I have had it for such a long time) to record stuff? Thanks for advice.

I would imagine that as long as you remain a BT Broadband customer the box will work as a freeview PVR and the on demand stuff will be available on a pay per view basis, if you moved to another ISP it would stop working eventually as the electronic program guide (EPG) is delivered over BT broadband, that is how it used to be, and presume it still is
  • onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Move over to the new you view box. Its a great bit of kit
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt whether you can record on it, or even watch from it. All of its input is from your Home Hub via ethernet or power line adaptors. Once your BT Vision service ends, there'll be no input. I could be wrong, but why should boxes built for TV have any means of processing input from the aerial?

I've just cancelled BT Vision as from next month, and was told the box was mine, I could just put it in the bin if I wanted!
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I could be wrong
    You are.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    You are.

Well, if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. ;-)