Options

National TV Awards 2015 - 21 January - 7.30pm - ITV1

Comments

• Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should have been a video highlights of Anne's career and a minute silence.
  • Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    It was more a question of whether the NTAs usually do a memoriam section at all. I thought that they had done a general one in the past.

Yes they did. They also had some much more deserving nominations for categories such as 'Best Factual' back in the day such as the news coverage on the 9/11 attacks rather than Googlebox...Michael Buerk looked embarrassed to be there!!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheridan Smith surely deserves it for trying to make Cilla Black look at least human.
    I agree
    Surely they could have delayed the award win until she arrived?
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Could they not have delayed the award until when Sheridan arrived?
    I agree
    TVScourge wrote: »
    Don't think you understand what goes into the whole awards setup especially for what they prepared on TV.
    They should be able to be flexible.
    One of British soaps top names for over 40 years suddenly dying and shocking a lot of the nation about 48 hours ago with is worth special mention.
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Ant and Dec will likely win this.
    Have they ever lost?
    Same.

Dermot is painful.
    and very shouty:o
    Maddie Hill got this in the bag.
    EE voters :o
    That Maddie Hill clip was some of the worst acting.
    She's not much cop is she ? :(
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Why ruin yourself by chewing gum, Michael Parr? Stupid!
    He is in character
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Lee Mead's character in Eastenders is like a shop dummy. Im surprised they found a clip where he moved.
    Great singer though
    I can't stand Lenny Henry.
    He's a Blac Country legend.
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    David Walliams has done far more for Comic Relief than Lenny Henry could even dream of.
    I disagree. Where was Walliams 30 years ago ?
    The comedy nominations are really scraping the barrel
    Where was Plebs ?
    AceMcCloud wrote: »
    Hope it's Danny Dyer

just to hear his speech
    You wish has been granted
    String9 wrote: »
    This guy doesn't do much acting on the programme, so not deserved.
    He won the vote.
    Whats the point of the Judges Award? Pointless and just ego-boosting to their already huge egos.
    Cowell was supposed to win.:p
    P_P wrote: »
    In disbelief that Celebrity Juice could beat Game Of Thrones
    Ditto
    danyell wrote: »
    Obviously Anne Kirkbride didn't mean much to Natalie Gumede. Despite tweeting about her passing. She couldn't of looked happier doing her dance towards the microphone. I'm sure the Corrie team weren't impressed!
    That's a bit unfair.
    jammy78 wrote: »
    Not sure if David Tennant has earned this kind of award yet...
    He's a fine actor
    Espresso wrote: »
    I still think the best thing David Tennant ever did was the first series of Blackpool with David Morrissey, David Bradley and Sarah Parrish.
    I am guessing that you never saw Duck Patrol.
    16caerhos wrote: »
    David has been a television mainstay, entertaining 10's of millions of people with Doctor Who and Broadchurch alone. He deserved that award.
    Agreed
    hansue wrote: »
    What lovely words from Adam. I don't watch Eastenders but that was great.
    Well done Beale.!!!!!!
    uzzybuzzy wrote: »
    Simon still annoyed by Ben winning.
    But he still made sure that ' His girl' was seen more than the winner.

Conclusions....Don't trust the public.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philip and Holly wernt there instead Eamonn and Ruth picked up the award.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    They won't give a damn as long the ratings are high. The theories are hilarious though.

Yes, because it's not like personal prejudices are colouring certain opinions ... Oh, wait .. :)

To claim that Strictly is losing votes at the NTAs because of Darcy/Len/Tess/Claudia and the incredibly tiresome 'Pixiewozrobbed' mantra is quite amusing at first.

The NTAs are probably voted for increasingly by the younger audience (as evidenced by some of the weird, rather undeserving choices for the awards'. The 'yoof' element is the one most channels try to cater for (forgetting that the biggest viewing FIGURES are probably the older audience - who couldn't give a toss about the NTAs and therefore don't vote.

I realise this is only a theory as well. But at least it's rooted in logic and doesn't ignore the facts ...

Nice tribute to Anne Kirkbride, though. Very sad she died so relatively young. But death is no respected of age or indeed anything else.
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any point to these awards?
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »

Not really. Other than giving the audience the feeling that they have some power. The BAFTAs are better representative because the public have no say.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty predictable set of results, one thing though why is Walking Dead and GOT in the same category as Celebrity Juice and Geordie Shore? They deserve better than that.

How about a Best International Series category for these and the likes of Fargo and Homeland?
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is quite a long show but it is entertaining I really enjoyed Pixie Lott and The Proclaimers
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Pretty predictable set of results, one thing though why is Walking Dead and GOT in the same category as Celebrity Juice and Geordie Shore? They deserve better than that.

How about a Best International Series category for these and the likes of Fargo and Homeland?
    I agree
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I just heard that Danny Dyer won an award :confused: For his acting :o

Surly it was his 'fan club' that won him that as he is a one trick pony and can only do one voice and one type of acting.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member

After hearing who won. No!
  • Options
    mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I did not watch this programme too much good stuff on but hearing about the results on the radio this A.M. i presume voting was only open to under 5s or Sun readers
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,001
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Philip and Holly wernt there instead Eamonn and Ruth picked up the award.

Eamonn ate them for breakfast?
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably not.

Though I didnt mind most of the winners though to be honest Michael Parr should have got best newcomer.

Also how did that awful Celebrity Juice win:confused:

The ending was a total farce, it does go to show how much ITV are up Cowell's ass.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Not really. Other than giving the audience the feeling that they have some power. The BAFTAs are better representative because the public have no say.

It's still only representative of people who feel driven to vote for anything to do with television.
    X Factor beats Strictly yet the official viewing figures showed Strictly winning by a huge margin.
    Many, many people watch but don't vote - so for me these awards are not really representative
  • Options
    LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    It's still only representative of people who feel driven to vote for anything to do with television.
    X Factor beats Strictly yet the official viewing figures showed Strictly winning by a huge margin.
    Many, many people watch but don't vote - so for me these awards are not really representative

But these aren't awards for the highest rating programmes.

I understand that more people vote for the winning programmes at the NTAs than are surveyed by Barb for the ratings so it might be argued that this is MORE representative of the viewing public.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I thought it was Kelly Bright that was with Danny, although I will say she has aged considerably and looks quite haggard. I remember her when she was in Me and My Girl with Richard O'Sullivan back in the 80's

That wasn't her, that was Joanne Ridley.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »

Strictly is clearly faltering in that folks would rather vote for something else. Votes that last couple of years went to Strictly went elsewhere. Maybe to BGT or Voice letting XF through for the win. Strictly fans are in denial if they don't realise that new presenting team is a problem.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Worst ones won. This Morning is a load of rubbish. Martin Lewis boring money advise, Denise robertson, yawnnn. They never have any big celebs anymore. Just talk about rubbish. The chase or pointless should have won.
  • Options
    LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Worst ones won. This Morning is a load of rubbish. Martin Lewis boring money advise, Denise robertson, yawnnn. They never have any big celebs anymore. Just talk about rubbish. The chase or pointless should have won.

But not enough people voted for them or your choice of programmes would have won.

Most of the winners weren't my cup of tea but it's first past the post so it's really not worth complaining about.
  • Options
    TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ntas are meant to be the viewers awards whereas the baftas are for those who are involved in tv etc. apart from the audience award both are symptomatic as to the type of people who vote and most of the awards went seemingly to the right places although this morning and x factor winning were different to the way you might think they may have gone. compare the 2 awards and look for commonalities and that will give you a better picture and in terms of category if you had all the categories people ask for the voting process which is as fair as it can be would be an unwieldy process and the show would take ages not the 2.5 hours allowed
  • Options
    TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can we prove the type of people who voted through the quite exhaustive ways you could vote at all stages of the process
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These awards are voted for by the viewers. The difference in viewers is the loyal viewers and the casual viewers, the loyal viewers took the time out to vote for the shows they love and that is how the awards are decided. Their voting is not based on ratings.

The Soap Category is interesting in that many viewers are loyal to more than one soap, however, their particular favourite soap can change from time to time depending on the quality and clearly the soap fans this year were team EastEnders, and in my own opinion EastEnders was the superior soap for the last 12 months.

I can not complain with the winners this year as everything i voted for except Game of Thrones and Saturday Night Take Away won and my votes were purely based on what i enjoy the most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member

After finding out that Alan Carr won best chat show host,this proves there is absolutely no point to these awards.its a complete and utter farce.not that big a fan of Ross,Norton,mcyntre & O'Grady,but they are light years better than that talentless creep.unbelievable.also,for celebrity juice to win something(let alone be nominated)shows how pathetic these type of awards have become.