john paul and harry-WHY!?

Comments

• sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would JP have to sleep with a kid for him to break up with Ste? Are we supposed to believe his only and best choice is this kid. Its a little disturbing he would want to be with someone who is the same age as his rapist, the one who traumatized him by calling him a pedophile. You do get he can't be with Harry, being 16 is not a choice someone can change.
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Why would JP have to sleep with a kid for him to break up with Ste? Are we supposed to believe his only and best choice is this kid. Its a little disturbing he would want to be with someone who is the same age as his rapist, the one who traumatized him by calling him a pedophile. You do get he can't be with Harry, being 16 is not a choice someone can change.

BIB: ??? (sorry probably me just being a bit thick)

Agree with your main point though - a teenage pupil of his would be one of the very worst people he could be with (and not only because it would be illegal) when he knows who he really is!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why a) every man who comes to Hollyoaks is gay
    b) all gay men want to sleep with John Paul...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    BIB: ??? (sorry probably me just being a bit thick)

Agree with your main point though - a teenage pupil of his would be one of the very worst people he could be with (and not only because it would be illegal) when he knows who he really is!!

What I meant is that being 16 is not a choice like being a priest or being married. So being with Lockie or someone like that would be the choice of 2 adult people. Its not a great option but its not the same as being with a 16 year old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when does this happen?!
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Typical of the show though.

I really want Ste and John Paul to break up and not be so repetive all the time.

I agree, and I want Ste and JP to break up but not for him to cop off with a student.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I agree, and I want Ste and JP to break up but not for him to cop off with a student.

This is such a stupid storyline. If JP wanted leave Ste he could, he doesn't need to cheat or have any type of illicit relationship. Ste lied going into the marriage and now has a baby on the way and HIV. If that's not grounds for calling it quits and choosing to play the field I don't know what is.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I wish Hollyoaks could just have a character leave a relationship without having cheating involved.
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JP has been my hook character in HO since I started watching, and he's the only reason (with Ste, but I care about JP more) that I'm still around.

The character has been ruined so much since his return, but nothing that has made me stop loving him, or turn against him. So far.

The news about the hitman have already tested my patience. Now I'm waiting to see if this Harry fling/affair/whatever will happen... in that case, I'm ready to quit this show for good, and never look back. It's not something I can accept (unless it's just a crush on Harry's side, but I doubt it will be the case).

I wish I could turn back time and not start watching HO. That way I would spare myself the pain of the McDean demise, and the possible destruction of my favourite character, who used to be a role model for so many young people, and now risks to be turned into a sleazy paedo, among other issues.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Sutton must be desperate to remain on Hollyoaks to agree to act out such sh1t. Very sad
  • felixw1felixw1 Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    i thought they were going to make john pau cheat with lockie, at least that would make sense, and for people wondering if this john paul/harry rumour is true, it was reported a few weeks ago and spoilers for this month say they get close so it's happening
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Hot couple.
  • felixw1felixw1 Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Hot couple.

i don't know how to respond to that... :o
    Forum Member
    Hot couple.

:o:o:o:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    More like perverted couple.
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    More like perverted couple.

I'm not sure I can agree with this completely *wedges tin helmet firmly on head* because assuming (as I am) that Harry is 16/17 and is sure of his sexuality (which again I'm assuming he is) then (putting aside the teacher-pupil thing for one moment) actually although most people might not be comfortable with it (and I'd certainly be one of them) there is actually nothing 'wrong' with J-P kissing/sleeping with/having a relationship with Harry per se (or there wouldn't be if he wasn't married!!) because whilst most people (me included) probably wouldn't approve there is nothing to stop a 25 year old going out with a 16/17 year old. (It's amazing how age gaps become less important the older you get - can't see anyone batting an eyelid about a 34 year old going out with someone who is 25/26 but that's a whole different discussion)

Now obviously JP's history does give the story a whole different slant but again you could and maybe should argue that it shouldn't have anything to do with it = the fact that he is a rape survivor and was falsely accused shouldn't have any bearing on who he can fall in love/lust with (as long as its legal).

So for me the problems with this s/l IF it does go down the sexual relationship route (and I still have hope that it won't) isn't Harry's age, JP's rape or Finn's allegations its a) the fact that JP is already in a relationship (and no matter how you view that relationship he would still be cheating on Ste) and b) the teacher-pupil thing (which even if it weren't illegal [which it now is] would still be a massive abuse of power/blow to the duty of care teachers are meant to have for their pupils)
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    felixw1 wrote: »
    i don't know how to respond to that... :o

Why? Both actors are over 21 and the character is over 16, isn't he??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Both actors are over 21 and the character is over 16, isn't he??

That's the problem with it. Its pure sexual fantasy mixed with a sexual abuse/rape storyline. The actor doesn't remotely look 16, I guessed he was 23 when I saw his picture. According to the interview with Parry Glasspool on DS he has graduated university so I would guess I am right about the age. If this is so acceptable why didn't they hire an actual 16 year old for this role? Why can't the actor play a character his own age if they want to have him be with JP.

There maybe a role for semi-consensual sex fantasies in erotica and role playing among consenting adults, but if you are dealing with an rape and sexual abuse as a real issue combining those 2 things is offensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And JP is his teacher, it will never be ok for them to be any kind of romantic relationship.
  • bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Harry is over 16 and they do have an affair it won't make JP a paedophile

Where is the proof that this is gonna happen anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it won't make JP a paedophile, but a predator who is taking advantage of his role as a teacher (what he was falsely accused of by Finn). It's completely inappropiate.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to remind myself who Harry is. Tony's son? Really? Is there any teacher in Hollyoaks who has any shred of professionalism? :o

And here was me thinking they were setting up an affair between John Paul and Porsche's bloke (no doubt that's being set up for a future storyline, we all know Kirkwood likes to repeat the same stories for his characters).

You'd think after finding out only a week or so ago that his husband has HIV would make him very reluctant in this moment in time in entering into any form of intimate relations (which could potentially lead to sex) with anyone other than his partner, especially with a bloody student at his school. But no, it's business as usual in Hollyoaks Village.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Feb 13th E4 JP will go elsewhere for comfort. Now it looks like it will be Harry. First off it may well be just a kiss and JP will probably not know he is a pupil. Later he and Ste go to Tony's and it looks like he meets Harry and there is an awkward situation.

Since 2001 it has been illegal for a teacher to have a sexual relationship with a pupil regardless of whether he/she is 16. We will just have to see whether they go that far but they look like they are going to make JP a criminal by paying Trevor to kill Finn anyway.
    Forum Member

Since JP is a teacher, he would be abusing his position as a teacher. I think there have been some spoilers about this, but there has also been some suggestion that the storyline was pulled.

I don't care about JP cheating on Ste since Ste has cheated on JP plenty, but I don't think it should be with a student.
    Forum Member

As far as I know there is none as yet - all the spoilers have said is that JP has some kind of encounter (?what this will entail) with Harry before (I'm presuming) he knows who he is, how old he is and that he'll be a pupil of his.

I think people are jumping to (for most of us) the worst possible case scenario because of their total lack of faith in BK to tell any sort of story without resorting to the lowest possible common denominator!!!