Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I slept and missed it but I don't recall Steve being questioned by the police about the crash. I find that odd that it's not been investigated. It's the first thing to happen.

Tony seems to be involved in a lot of things that involve money. Where does he get it from? He turned up in a never before mentioned posh flat with Tracy, bought into the business, got Jason out of trouble with Ty by paying him off, even bought Jason his business, offered Eva money to pay for deposit on flat yet we don't really see him working Do we?
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Loved Liz's advice to Tony about Tracy's character, 'Give her an inch...'
    How can I put this, Liz?
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I hear that Eileen is to get another fella. Surely any man , unless desperate, would run a mile from the set up in that house? Two sons in their thirties, an annoying camp lodger, and various girlfriends/boyfriends all staying over in that poky house, and let's face it , she's not even a nice person. Could've understood it if they had paired Eileen off with a pathetic sponger like Michael, who would live anywhere.:confused:
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Swimming with Eileen is on my bucket list.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I slept and missed it but I don't recall Steve being questioned by the police about the crash. I find that odd that it's not been investigated. It's the first thing to happen.

Tony seems to be involved in a lot of things that involve money. Where does he get it from? He turned up in a never before mentioned posh flat with Tracy, bought into the business, got Jason out of trouble with Ty by paying him off, even bought Jason his business, offered Eva money to pay for deposit on flat yet we don't really see him working Do we?

Steve was interviewed by the police after the crash. I remember watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember briefly at the hospital the police officer asked what happened and Michelle jumped in but as far as I recall, no statement taken.
    When you consider the serious nature of the crash, it just gets me wondering.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember briefly at the hospital the police officer asked what happened and Michelle jumped in but as far as I recall, no statement taken.

That's what I remember. I can't guarantee I didn't nod off and miss something later though! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    That's what I remember. I can't guarantee I didn't nod off and miss something later though! :D

:D yes, I've been nodding off to lately.
    We all laughed on Monday when Tracy grabbed Tony's clothes from the stairs, as if they were not the first things Ken spotted when he opened the front door. Dah
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    :D yes, I've been nodding off to lately.
    We all laughed on Monday when Tracy grabbed Tony's clothes from the stairs, as if they were not the first things Ken spotted when he opened the front door. Dah

Yes and you'd think that Ken would also notice the she was all done up like a dog's dinner, with her stocking tops on show beneath that short dressing gown thing she was wearing. I must remember to dress like that next time I get a migraine/headache, or whatever excuse she gave.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was recently rear-ended off the M25 by a French artic., and although the Highways Agency attended, the police didn't. I guess that if HA were THAT worried about anything they'd have called up the Old Bill in no time Granted this was a motorway and HA act on behalf of the Police, (that's what I understood them to say), rather than an ordinary road, but we still didn't see them. Glad I was far enough away from Weatherfield to not have their wonderful boys and girls in blue
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Liz's advice to Tony about Tracy's character, 'Give her an inch...'
    How can I put this, Liz?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice one grauniad. It's supposed to be a deeply spiritual experience. If she likes you she makes clicking noises and sings like a Clanger.

Of course if you're not spiritual enough she boffs you off with her blowhole, like Tiny Fireman.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    THEY are the main cause of his depression IMO.

No. They're not.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    This is a SOR thread specific to Corrie, probably because there are so many SOR.

Why not start an Emmerdale SOR

Why don't you? :D (I'd do it myself but I don't watch it.)
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that's all we've seen. You'd have thought that Steve would either have been charged with some driving offence by now, or been cleared of blame. He would have needed this for the insurance at least. You'd also have thought it would have been an important topic of discussion chez McDonald since it was linked to the whole topic of his depression. Sorry, clinical depression.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pair of cackling witches Liz and Michelle are. First as they left the Rovers and then as they crossed the street and saw Tony and Tracy. And actually Tracy is better looking and has a better figure than either of those two old bags.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well. Rita came back from her holiday unexpectedly and went to the Rovers. And guess who just happened to be in there?
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Well. Rita came back from her holiday unexpectedly and went to the Rovers. And guess who just happened to be in there?

Not the judge who dealt with her drunk driving charge?
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    What a pair of cackling witches Liz and Michelle are. First as they left the Rovers and then as they crossed the street and saw Tony and Tracy. And actually Tracy is better looking and has a better figure than either of those two old bags.
    I'll agree with you regarding Liz but not Michelle, nothing can top her. ;):D
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »

Ahem! I'll refer you back to this post!
    It appears I'm the only one not complaining about the lingering shots of Liz's bum. :p

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Carla can. She's a much better looking woman than Michelle. I'd agree that Michelle is ok looks wise but Tracy has a much prettier face and Tracy also has better legs than both Liz and Michelle. :p
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    So Steve's only just started going to counseling and is still feeling a bit up and down regarding getting back to 'normal' life. What do Liz and MissHell do? Leave him on his own to run the pub, understaffed while they go clothes shopping without a care. Logical.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine you bump into somebody, unexpectedly, after over 20 years, what are the chances you would a) immediately recognise her? b) remember her name.

I am sure the conversation would go something like "I recognise you, don't i?" or in whisper to friend "isn't that the girl that used to live with Rita?" etc.

I doubt anyone would immediately say "Jenny Bradley" .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the judge who dealt with her drunk driving charge?

Correct! He was in there having a few G&Ts with the arresting officers!;-)
This discussion has been closed.