Options

Kelly Clarkson climbs to number 1 on US Billboard Hot 100 with 'Stronger'

Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
Well done to Kelly, who has surpassed Adele and taken the number 1 spot on the Billboard chart with Stronger - her 3rd US number one, following 'A Moment Like This' and 'My Life Would Suck Without You'.

I'm so pleased for her that she's till achieving success ten years after her win on American Idol :)

Comments

• Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Im really pleased for her even though she did move Adele, it has sold a lot over there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Thats good news, she deserves more recognition. And omg an amazing live vocalist!!
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    It's a real feat outselling Adele in any chart these days so congrats to Ms Clarkson. She seems like a really nice person from interviews I've seen as well.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome news. She deserves it. Must have sold a lot to knock Adele off the top?
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Awesome news. She deserves it. Must have sold a lot to knock Adele off the top?

not in terms of singles. Adele's singles weekly sales for SFTTR are average in terms of the USA. Airplay is a massive factor, kelly has had massive airplay and got more radio airplay faster than adele did.

from Billboard:
    Stronger" soars to the Hot 100's top spot with top Airplay Gainer honors, charging 33-15 on the Radio Songs chart (58 million audience impressions, up 49%, according to Nielsen BDS).

On the Digital Songs survey, "Stronger" spends a second week at No. 1. The song sold 237,000 downloads (up 6%) in the list's tracking week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As Clarkson motors to the Hot 100's top spot, Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" descends to No. 2 after two weeks at No. 1. The song pushes 4-2 on Radio Songs (127 million, up 8%) and holds at No. 2 on Digital Songs (after leading the tally three weeks ago) with 165,000 downloads sold (down 1%).
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fantastic! Stronger is a great song and should have been at least top 5 in the UK in my opinion. Kelly and the song are worthy of that number one.
  • Options
    LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not listened to anything by Kelly since that Disney-esque disaster that was All I Ever Wanted. I don't do teen pop.

I gotta say Stronger is growing on me though. I'm still gonna give the album a miss though as it sounds rather shite.
  • Options
    darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love stronger! i'm so happy for her! she completely deserves it
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    That's fantastic! Stronger is a great song and should have been at least top 5 in the UK in my opinion. Kelly and the song are worthy of that number one.

I think it peaked way too early due to big airplay (I think) or the album release. I think it was the latter. All of a sudden people were buying it. Same for Domino.
  • Options
    AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wooooo
  • Options
    MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I love Kelly Clarkson and think this album is her best yet, I don't like the single Stronger very much at all and I don't understand why it's so successful :confused:

I think Dark Side is so much better, and would like to see her release Hello too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I think it makes a great single. There are other songs on the album that I prefer (such as The War Is Over and The Sun Will Rise) but I do love Stronger as well, and think it appeals to the wider audience, as opposed to just Kelly fans, hence why it's doing so well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's number one for a second week, and the album is up to number twelve too :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's an ok song but it's a shame it has done better than Mr Know It All which for me is a hundred times better.
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not listened to anything by Kelly since that Disney-esque disaster that was All I Ever Wanted. I don't do teen pop.

I gotta say Stronger is growing on me though. I'm still gonna give the album a miss though as it sounds rather shite.

It's interesting you say that because I think it was only the first two singles that were 'un-Kelly' if you get what I mean, I think the rest of the album is amazing and more suited to her vocals - it's not better than My December though which in my opinion is her best album to date
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Try Tip of my Tounge, Impossible, All I ever wanted and The Day we Fella apart from that album, great tunes and nother like MLWSWY!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally see some hope on the billboard hot 100
  • Options
    mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame her album flopped! Like her and her music!
  • Options
    LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's interesting you say that because I think it was only the first two singles that were 'un-Kelly' if you get what I mean, I think the rest of the album is amazing and more suited to her vocals - it's not better than My December though which in my opinion is her best album to date

I just couldn't get into it, as much as I tried there's not a single song on AIEW that appeals or stands out to me. Stronger is still growing on me, and i'm playing the album more but apart from Stronger and Dark Side everything seems very... plain. My December is such a good album, I could listen to songs like Irvine and Maybe forever.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curvy girls are dominating the charts now:)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mememee wrote: »

Actually her album has sold moderatley well. It's not flopped at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for Kelly, stronger contains some real good songs, its fully deserved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mememee wrote: »

And you say this as her album has climbed up to number 12 this week, and her single is number one?! And just after she sang the national anthem at the Superbowl? Yes, clearly she's flopping.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! So glad shes still successful years later.

Honestly one artist who no matter what, I will always love her voice and music.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She so deserves the success, it's an awesome song.

I'm hoping for Alone, Darkside or Breaking Your Own Heart will be next.