Anyone here going to collect Amiibos?

DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wonder how successful Amiibos are going to be, and if anyone here is thinking of collecting them?

On a personal note one disappointment is that Nintendo scaled down the quality of the figures, and it looks a lot cheaper, and generally more 'happy meal' than the early promotional versions

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-04-hands-on-with-nintendos-final-amiibo-designs

Still the concept is interesting I think.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I wasn't all that interested before, but since the Amiibo section has been added to the settings menu and Mario Kart 8 now has support its kinda wet my appetite slightly.
    Not sure I will collect them, but I will probably get at least one.
    I was thinking about them the other day and they should work out better value than Skylanders or Disney Infinity seeing as you can use them with various games rather than just a specific franchise.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did want to initially, buy they don't even look that good anymore
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mario, Kong & Link purely because of their respective franchises! ... won't be getting anymore! :)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably not, ive got enough going on with Disney Infinty 2.0..

am only getting Smash this year...and maybe Toad in January
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I did want to initially, buy they don't even look that good anymore

One concerning thing is that sites like Amazon and Game are still using the original (superior) figures on the Amiibo shop page, when the final product doesn't look as good!
    Forum Member
    Davonator wrote: »
    One concerning thing is that sites like Amazon and Game are still using the original (superior) figures on the Amiibo shop page, when the final product doesn't look as good!

To be honest though, I'm sure the majority of WiiU & 3DS gamers will be far more interested in what they bring to the games rather than how they actually look up close.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    To be honest though, I'm sure the majority of WiiU & 3DS gamers will be far more interested in what they bring to the games rather than how they actually look up close.

I want my mario (MK8) Mii outfit! 😎
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how often you'l be required to scan in your Amiibo?

It would be annoying if you had to do it every time, but I feel Nintendo won't let you do it 'once and that's it' as that would easily let friends activate it on other peoples consoles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Does anyone know how often you'l be required to scan in your Amiibo?

It would be annoying if you had to do it every time, but I feel Nintendo won't let you do it 'once and that's it' as that would easily let friends activate it on other peoples consoles.

Don't they register to the WiiU using em? So I'd imagine Youd flash em once & that's it! :)

(Could be wrong tho!) :blush:
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish amiibo's were like the world of nintendo figures. About the same size but two pounds cheaper and they look better
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-4-inch-Figures-Mario-Accessory/dp/B00K0H7T3Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1416520589&sr=8-4&keywords=world+of+nintendo+figures
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish amiibo's were like the world of nintendo figures. About the same size but two pounds cheaper and they look better
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-4-inch-Figures-Mario-Accessory/dp/B00K0H7T3Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1416520589&sr=8-4&keywords=world+of+nintendo+figures

I wanna know what the Link figure does when used with hyrule warriors? 👍 ... just had a 3 hour session & thoroughly enjoyed it! 👏
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I wanna know what the Link figure does when used with hyrule warriors? 👍 ... just had a 3 hour session & thoroughly enjoyed it! 👏

it unlocks a new weapon the spinner from twilight princess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it unlocks a new weapon the spinner from twilight princess

Ah cool! 👍 😊
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for that reason I will get the Link amiibo but will hold off buying anymore until I find out what they unlock
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for that reason I will get the Link amiibo but will hold off buying anymore until I find out what they unlock

I think Link (& Mario) will probably be the only figures you'll ever need! 😉
    (I might not bother with DonkeyKong & save myself £10) 😊
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you guys think they'll start firing out individual Pokemon Amiibo figures or just stick with pikachu? :o

ps new zelda HW DLC 👍😎🎮
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I'll probably get Link and Samus. But honestly Nintendo, I don't think this is a good image for your systems to have in the long term!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    I'll probably get Link and Samus. But honestly Nintendo, I don't think this is a good image for your systems to have in the long term!

I'd got ..... ***Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu & Samus*** currently processing! :o .... seems early & probably won't be dispatched til Wednesday / Thursday! :(

(Already have Smash downloaded) 👍

Looking forward to using my mario outfit in kart lol! :blush: #imasadgit :D
    Forum Member
    Went into Smyths to have a look and came out with Donkey Kong & Link.
    Thought I'd get Smash via Game download code, but the sites been down for hours now.
    I could of bought it from Smyths, but thought I'd rather get another £5 premium voucher for the privilege of the download.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Went into Smyths to have a look and came out with Donkey Kong & Link.
    Thought I'd get Smash via Game download code, but the sites been down for hours now.
    I could of bought it from Smyths, but thought I'd rather get another £5 premium voucher for the privilege of the download.

I've registered all my figures & gave em nicknames, added em to hyrule warriors, mario kart, smash bros etc! :) ... I like the donkey kong figure the best! :)

(I'm seriously thinking about getting Luigi, Yoshi & Peach!) :blush:
  • king_kong1king_kong1 Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got Yoshi yesterday :cool:
  • king_kong1king_kong1 Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've registered all my figures & gave em nicknames, added em to hyrule warriors, mario kart, smash bros etc! :) ... I like the donkey kong figure the best! :)

(I'm seriously thinking about getting Luigi, Yoshi & Peach!) :blush:

What do you mean by registering it buddy? How do I do that and if I do it will other members of my family still be able to use it?
    Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    king_kong1 wrote: »
    What do you mean by registering it buddy? How do I do that and if I do it will other members of my family still be able to use it?
    Thanks.

You go into Amiibo setting, sit the figure on the wiiu pad, it'll then register to your NintendoID! :)

(you can also give it a nickname! :) .... Mario-SB79, Link-SB79 etc etc) :)
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do these all work with Mario Kart 8? If so what advantage is there?

Also I see that you level up in SSB, does that level transfer to other games?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Do these all work with Mario Kart 8? If so what advantage is there?

Also I see that you level up in SSB, does that level transfer to other games?

I've unlocked all the MarioKart outfits apart from falcon & Luigi iirc because there not out til 19th December! :) ... & apparently all the figures will be intergrated into future games so it's money well spent imo! ;-)