Options

Nikon Coolpix 5200 digital camera problem

cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
Forum Member
I have been using a Coolpix 5200 for the last two years without any problems but today it will not take any pictures - everything works as normal apart from the button that operates the shutter. It focuses ok but nothing happens when you press the shutter release. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try setting the drive mode to self-timer (delay), single frame, continuous - all the different settings. If this doesn't work, use RESET from the set-up menus; this is always worth trying. Always try a fresh memory card, any time there is a problem. Finally, it's worth removing the battery entirely and leaving the camera for at least twenty minutes, then replacing the battery. If none of this works, they shutter release may have a problem with the second stage of contact (the first stage does the focusing). I don't know if the 5200 has a socket for a remote release or cord release. That can be way to test if the shutter release itself is OK. Servicing can cure the problem...

(A mate wrote that for me. I thought they'd be able to help)
  • Options
    cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much - I'll try all of the above and let you know how I get on.

Very best wishes.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome. I hope it solves the problem.