The Risk - "Missiles" - Number 40 in the mid-week chart.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another mediocre X Factor act being trolled out on the general public, and they didnt last very long on the show. I wouldnt mind it if the show turfed out a decent one or two acts, rather than loads of mediocre ones.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Yet another mediocre X Factor act being trolled out on the general public, and they didnt last very long on the show. I wouldnt mind it if the show turfed out a decent one or two acts, rather than loads of mediocre ones.

So why watch? Is it just to moan about the acts on this forum? ;)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Their album has nothing to do with Tulisa or the XF, so I don't see the point in them thanking her. However they did thank her in their book which is XF related.

They also thanked her innumerable times on their Winner's Story show.

Michelle...you are trolling this board like crazy. So not only do you dislike James Arthur, you don't seem to like anyone from the show so why are you here? I also don't like the generalizations, X Factor acts have had to work a lot harder than most current artists to get where they have, they can actually sing compared to loads of current artists, they have each got their own style (e.g. with Amelia, Misha and LM - you cannot say that they're the same!), yet get the stigma for coming from the X Factor. Unbelievable really. Last laugh's on those people when Olly, 1D and Leona are ruling the world. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also thanked her innumerable times on their Winner's Story show.

Michelle...you are trolling this board like crazy. So not only do you dislike James Arthur, you don't seem to like anyone from the show so why are you here? I also don't like the generalizations, X Factor acts have had to work a lot harder than most current artists to get where they have, they can actually sing compared to loads of current artists, they have each got their own style (e.g. with Amelia, Misha and LM - you cannot say that they're the same!), yet get the stigma for coming from the X Factor. Unbelievable really. Last laugh's on those people when Olly, 1D and Leona are ruling the world. :p

Well said :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like The Risk's appearance on Loose Women earlier may give them a boost.

Their facebook page just got more active - https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheRiskOfficial

And are now up to #77 on Itunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw The Risk on friday night - they were one of the supporting acts for Peter Andre. they were excellent, good performers and sang a good mixture of songs. best act of the night for me!
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is down to #177 on iTunes. I hope The Risk not being signed doesn't mean that they financed this single release out of their own money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song didn't have enough backing behind it to begin with...

Maybe The Risk should do more promo work, might just be bad timing, or maybe that's it for them :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Have to say I think this is likely the end of The Risk.

Mid-week 40 --> Didn't chart in the Official Top 100...

That's not good and I don't see how they can justify the expense of funding an album themselves now. No record label is going to go near them, probably more so now then when they left the X Factor.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justin19 wrote: »
    Have to say I think this is likely the end of The Risk.

Mid-week 40 --> Didn't chart in the Official Top 100...

They ended up at #60.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably people decided not to take 'The Risk' and gave it a miss!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    They ended up at #60.

So they did lol sorry I just did a quick scan through the chart earlier and missed them so wrongly presumed they missed top 100. Still 60 isn't great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justin19 wrote: »
    So they did lol sorry I just did a quick scan through the chart earlier and missed them so wrongly presumed they missed top 100. Still 60 isn't great.
    It is considering they're label-less and had virtually no radio airplay with one TV performance.

Many artists don't bother the charts but continue recording/performing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Risk need a better song and a record deal.

#60 is OK considering they aren't even signed but "Missiles" sounded very early JLS, they will need to come up with a song that is more current.

Maybe the little exposure they've had will be a stepping stone...
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Didn't Katie Price's heavily promoted single only chart at 60 after loads of TV show appearances, Press plugs etc.

Not that bad
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately for The Risk, 60 which is pretty good for an unsigned artist, in overall terms, is rather bad for a group that had the mass exposure of The X Factor.

The reason the song had no radio airplay is because the song was awful and now that it hasn't charted particularly well, future singles of theirs (if there are any) will likely be dismissed as well.

The only reason they had the TV performance that they did is because they are an X Factor act not because the song was any good.

I don't see this leading to a record deal with any label that is worth having a deal with. Yes I can see them being picked up by an incredibly small label with little to no money but I don't see how that will help them in any way.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, #60 is not great considering how low sales are at this time of year. They wouldn't have made the top 75 at a more competitive time. Also, considering this project was I assume self-funded, they wouldn't have made any kind of profit. To put things in perspective, The Reason who didn't even make it to the lives shows in 2010 released a single and EP. I don't want to be cruel, but there isn't much hope for a group who couldn't get more votes than Johnny and Kitty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, The Risk wasn't worth it afterall...:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my last post for this thread.

I just love hyping my own threads, how sad am I ??? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Risk's new single, it might even surpass "Missiles" if the official music video matches - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGo6YLDLS_A