The last ever Frost tonight :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Can someone please tell me what happened in the other ending... I am on a iPhone and can't play it... Also can't read spoiler tags... Pleeeease... Thanks so much
  • rosiegirlrosiegirl Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    other ending showed Frost dying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    kenem04 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what happened in the other ending... I am on a iPhone and can't play it... Also can't read spoiler tags... Pleeeease... Thanks so much

Don't want to spoil it for people by not using spoilers although I am sure someone will.

I can send it to you as a private message on here if you can access them?
    Forum Member
    If you could send as private message and I can see if I get it that would be great and I'd really apreciatw it
  • JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fitting and fantastic end to A Touch of Frost - sad to see George die :( but glad that Jack had a happy ending :) its been a fantastic show and one of the few crime shows that itv can give themselves a pat on the back for and say: "we've done well". Sir David Jason is brilliant!
    Forum Member
    Don't want to spoil it for people by not using spoilers although I am sure someone will.

I can send it to you as a private message on here if you can access them?

I can get private messages would be grateful if you could message me what happened in alternate ending ... Can't go bed till we know and back at work tomorrow :-(
    Forum Member
    kenem04 wrote: »
    I can get private messages would be grateful if you could message me what happened in alternate ending ... Can't go bed till we know and back at work tomorrow :-(

I've just sent you it in a private mail. I would say enjoy but it doesn't seem appropriate. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    I've just sent you it in a private mail. I would say enjoy but it doesn't seem appropriate. :(

Could you let me know as well please? Thanks. :o
    Forum Member

Got it... Thanks so much... Will have to try again tomorrow but couldn't go to bed without knowing ha ha... Nite all... Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    Could you let me know as well please? Thanks. :o

Sure you have a private mail as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I thought it was brilliant and really did the show justice, I rarely cry at TV programmes but wept buckets with this :cry::cry: I'm glad they used the ending they did, it was nice to see Frost have a happy ending :)
  • NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to know that it was the last Frost DJ is going to make, but I'm not going to miss him because he will be repeated on one of the ITV channels :D

Didn't Frost have a scar on his left temple in the previous years?
  • Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a mixed ending - shame to say goodbye to George but glad Jack finally had a happy ending.

That alternative ending was far too sad - so glad they didn't use it.
  • Delta2113Delta2113 Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff, from start to finish. I thought the last series was pretty poor, so was concerned about whether they'd do the final two parter well, but they did. Fantastic ending to a fantastic series, and like others have said, it really is the end of an era.

- Yes just excellent final two parter - cant watch the alternative ending on ITV website as blocked for Rep of Ireland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A decent ending and i wasn't expecting to see George die. I think its right for Frost to finish now because many of the more recent ones haven't been that good. I liked the early ones, series 1-5 were the best in my opinion. Thats not to say there weren't some good ones after that (there was one with a boy with Autism which was very good, another good one dealt with peadophiles) but the quality did dip in many of them, the last 3 they did before this final one were particularly poor i thought. I have my series 1-5 dvds which i can dig out and enjoy anytime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy they never killed Frost off they could have

here is the other ending http://www.itv.com/frost/?intcmp=778813_123_1
  • PJMillarPJMillar Posts: 3,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant L wrote: »
    What a mixed ending - shame to say goodbye to George but glad Jack finally had a happy ending.

That alternative ending was far too sad - so glad they didn't use it.

I liked the look of the last scene of the alternative ending.

I think it would've gone nicely with a voiceover from David Jason as Frost saying that he died a happy man, in a small monologue - thus incorporating both endings.

Because that short funeral scene was so poignant, and they could've fast forwarded a year.

But all in all, a brilliant episode. It's a credit to ITV that it gave Jason the respect to choose the most fitting ending.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a superb ending and extremely well acted by all parties.
    I was particularly upset when George died, that was very emotional, but glad it wasn't Frost.

Twice in that episode I thought Frost would die... and he didn't :D
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    Great ending to a fabulous show.

Unfortunately marred for me a little bit by having the announcer mention the 'scenes of hanging' that we were about to witness in the final episode ... from then on I was just waiting for Berland's son to hang himself at some stage as he was obviously unravelling with the strain of killing the other lad.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »

Unfortunately marred for me a little bit by having the announcer mention the 'scenes of hanging' that we were about to witness in the final episode ... from then on I was just waiting for Berland's son to hang himself at some stage as he was obviously unravelling with the strain of killing the other lad.

Yes that annoyed me too :(

But apart from that - a brilliant swan song from Frost and all of the rest of the regulars.

I did guess early on in ep 2 who the attacker was.

Great story with a great cast.

And I am soooooooo glad that Frost didn't die. That would have been awful.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree!
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved it - a great ending - loved the speech by Mullet.
    Sad about the continuity errors with the RSPCA lady's hair.
    She had it cut shorter after it was singed in the fire but it suddenly grew long again in the scene with the ex in the kitchen and again at the end in the church.

But 4 hours of brilliant TV. I recorded the first half and watched it last night so I could watch it all in 1 go. :)
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    Gooby wrote: »

Sad about the continuity errors with the RSPCA lady's hair.
    She had it cut shorter after it was singed in the fire but it suddenly grew long again in the scene with the ex in the kitchen and again at the end in the church.

But 4 hours of brilliant TV. I recorded the first half and watched it last night so I could watch it all in 1 go. :)

I thought the scenes in the church where she has longer hair were deliberate - to suggest a passage of time.
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the scenes in the church where she has longer hair were deliberate - to suggest a passage of time.

Can't have been that long if the coffin was in the church! A couple of weeks maximum - my hair grows fast but 3 inches in 2 weeks?????
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like a Touch Of Frost and while it's sad to see the series go, David Jason obviously feels the time is right to leave Frost behind.

I'm also glad they didn't kill Jack off, although it was a bit of a shock when it was George who met his maker instead!!

Very poignant ending; it was better to see Jack get a bit of happiness, rather than leaving in a coffin. That would have just been more for 'shock' value.