Options

Age start up a phone contact?

2»

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    the idea that someone should be looked down on for having a PAYG is ridiculous beyond reason.

you do whatever works best for you.

if topping up a phone embarrasses you you have an issue. i do truly wonder how people who have issues around this sort of thing cope with the rest of their lives, what about going to the doctor for a prostate exam.
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    When I was younger having a Pay an Go phone was embarrassing. An I know even my youngest daughter feels pitty for her friends who "run out of credit" and its a bit of a badge of shame.

Infact it would be hilarious to give either of my daughters and Pay an Go phone and watch them try to figure out why it would make a phone call lololololol..I really should do that one day lol.:D:D I bet they wouldnt have a clue how to "Top up" lol.
    presumably your youngest daughter has a right laugh at the kids on free school diners too.
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried Giff Gaff ?

I was going to say this as well.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I thought that as well. Not everyone needs a contract, it depends on how they use their phones, others just don't like doing the direct debit thing.

i know someone who is almost 60 and they got PAYG and don't feel the need to change, but I think they would be better off on a sim only contract.

It is only about 4 years ago that I went onto contract and i am in my late 40's and the only reason I went for a contract is because I got a package from Bt, mobile phone and broadband. After i dropped Bt, I liked the idea of a contract, less hassle than PAYG and went sim only contract. then went 2 years with a phone contract and now gone back to sim only.

Not worth paying for something you are not using.

I used PAYG till a few years ago as well, when i decided to get a smartphone. PAYG made a lot of sense because i hardly used my phone for anything other than a few mins and texts. Then when i did top up i didn't it by text any way so how do people know your only on a PAYG.

It makes no sense what so ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on pay as you go because I choose to be. I don't want or like the idea of signing up for a 24 month contract and I don't want a sim only contract. It takes me seconds to top up my phone and I only do it once a month from the phone itself. Also I never run out of credit.

If anyone is looking down or pitying anyone on pay as you go then they have to question their own life as they obviously have issues going on.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says more about the person looking down on them.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Have you tried Giff Gaff ?

Giffgaff are definitely worth looking into if you have decent O2 coverage in your area. I can't imagine going back to contracts now.
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

presumably your youngest daughter has a right laugh at the kids on free school diners too.

Not at all, she has a good friend who's on free school meals (who incidently only goes out for meals when we take her, only goes to theme parks when we take her) but this is off topic an it also winds me up....

Ok.I'm just going to say it, the kid is really nice but her dad is happy to sit on his arse. The government pays for a roof over his children's heads, he gets he benefits from the government to pay for everything and he lets the government pay for his kids school meals. His kid is a great kid yet he seems happy not to provide anything for her. She even tells us she wishes he would go out to work and he is ALWAYS in the house never goes anywhere. She even arrived out our home at 9am xmas day and we took her out for a birthday meal on her birthday.

Off topic major rant over.....it just pee's me off to see a good bright polite kid being let down by a lazy loser of a dad. An no he isn't ill!

PS..Her mom did get a part time job but she told us her that her dad constantly accused the mom of flirting at work, he was just scared she would meet new friends and leave him.:mad::mad:

But yeah, its 18 to start a phone contract:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    .But yeah, its 18 to start a phone contract:)

Except for the ones that you can start before your 18 ;)
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    It may be best to live your own life and not others!!

For the OP....Do you really want to be saddled with a piece of tech for 2 years? Not really sure why anyone would want that...
    As has been advised, have a look at giffgaff. It'll give you the opportunity to have a monthly recurring package without a contract......Then, as soon as you are 18 move to a sim only monthly contract, or stay if you are happy....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I've decided to leave, thanks for all of your respones. And I meant debit card not credit, sometimes I mistake them for the same thing when they obviously arn't.