Brass And Strings

Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wonder how many people remember the Sunday night series on Radio 2 in the mid-seventies - "Brass and Strings". It was a series in which a brass or military band and an orchestra played alternate items. I found it a very pleasing programme and sometimes recorded it. You can hear one of my programmes on my website http://www.mastersofmelody.co.uk/ It's in the military band section.
The programme features Norrie Paramor and the BBC Midland Radio Orchestra alternating with the Royal Artillery Mounted band - both combinations long defunct.
Incidentally, the band play a French waltz called 'Souvenir de Montmartre' which was actually composed by myself - but don't let that put you off listening!!

Comments

• Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, the band play a French waltz called 'Souvenir de Montmartre' which was actually composed by myself - but don't let that put you off listening!!

Another string to your bow, Brian?

If I could write a tune then it would also be dedicated to that beautiful place "Montmartre" along with "Sacré-Cœur" and "Place Du Tertre with its wonderful bistros.

Thanks for this and an extended thanks for all the great stuff on Masters Of Melody.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another string to your bow, Brian?

If I could write a tune then it would also be dedicated to that beautiful place "Montmartre" along with "Sacré-Cœur" and "Place Du Tertre with its wonderful bistros.

Thanks for this and an extended thanks for all the great stuff on Masters Of Melody.

Thank you Artie Fischal for your kind words about my site. A CD containing 25 of my compositions has just been released by the Invicta Concert Band and is available via their website