Options

Hotel in the Clouds - ITV 8pm

newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
Forum Member
Don't fancy working there.

Though I wouldn't mind a free slap up meal and drinks.

Comments

• Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's extortionately expensive!
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I loved watching the trainees learning their jobs, growing into them and finding confidence and enjoyment.

They reminded me of the Michel Roux Jnr. trainees, especially the ex-Pizza waitress.

Obviously we didn't see the failures but it's about attitude and willingness. I'd have happily applied to work in that hotel (but not as chambermaid).Cleaning isn't my forte.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worked next door throughout the building of The Shard. Amazing how quickly it went up.

But with the best will in the world the area at ground level is a bit of a dump. Right on top of a train station, right next door to a hospital, and surrounded by students from King's College. The first thing you see when you leave is a McDonald's. No shops to speak of at all.

I can not see many of the super rich taking a stroll around the area.

I did enjoy the programme. Nice to see they have employed people based on their personality, rather than their qualifications.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    I loved watching the trainees learning their jobs, growing into them and finding confidence and enjoyment.

They reminded me of the Michel Roux Jnr. trainees, especially the ex-Pizza waitress.

Obviously we didn't see the failures but it's about attitude and willingness. I'd have happily applied to work in that hotel (but not as chambermaid).Cleaning isn't my forte.
    She was the star of this doc, but only one episode - I'm sure the could have made it a bit longer.

Hope she takes up the offer of a night there, by that couple.:cool:
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it's a horrible looking hotel inside. No class to it. And the public bathrooms, lol. Someone really f*cked up there! :D
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I thought it's a horrible looking hotel inside. No class to it. And the public bathrooms, lol. Someone really f*cked up there! :D

I'm curious to know your comparisons.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    She was the star of this doc, but only one episode - I'm sure the could have made it a bit longer.

Hope she takes up the offer of a night there, by that couple.:cool:

She was adoreable. What a lovely person she was. Hope it all worked out for her.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another "Expensive Hotel gets free advertising" programme?