Options

Sony TV with built-in PS2

lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How good is this? Even just for novelty value at £200. http://games.uk.msn.com/gaming/blog/gamer-blogpost.aspx?post=5ef38337-8936-41e8-b02c-23b765b1886b

Richer Sounds are doing it for £200 as well.

Bow all we need is a 60" plasma with built-in PS3. :cool:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha PS2 lives on. I want one for my bedroom :D
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    great idea - have the game / dvd player as the base of the stand - one power socket id imagine, But would date - perhaps make all new consoles (made by sony) compatible iwth their tvs, or can attach something ontop of the console
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
  • Options
    mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean a £200 Sony TV can emulate the PS2 but a £299 PS3 cant. LMAO
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mad_dude wrote: »

My Ps3 can.
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having PS2 hardware inside it is not emulation. And of course the PS3 will be emulating PS2 soon, when it makes good business sense to Sony and they can maximize profits from it. You really think it's incapable?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Do you think the controllers are wireless?
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It's a good way to get rid of old PS2 stock, Sony Europe have done something good for once, the TV itself is old stock, the PS2 is old, what shall they do? Mix them together in fancy casing and sell it as a unique TV.
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member

My ps2 games are gathering dust. I'd rather the ps3 didn't emulate the ps2, as it would show the ps3 games were crap if I had to play ps2 ones to get my kicks. :p

Good TV though, would be good for my wee nipper (he's 3, so a good age for the ps2;) ), although wondering about the controllers, do they come with it?
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question is, does the PS2 and the TV play the games in 480i, or 480p? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Having PS2 hardware inside it is not emulation. And of course the PS3 will be emulating PS2 soon, when it makes good business sense to Sony and they can maximize profits from it. You really think it's incapable?

Considering that the original 60Gb PS3, when originally launched, was capable of doing such to the majority of Playstation 2 games, before Sony removed that feature, along with the internal multi format memory card reader, & 2 USB sockets when the (cheaper to produce, but massively downgraded) 40GB version was launched, one wonders just when Sony will re-introduce said feature...
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    before Sony removed that feature, along with the internal multi format memory card reader, & 2 USB sockets when the (cheaper to produce, but massively downgraded) 40GB version was launched, one wonders just when Sony will re-introduce said feature...

To be honest, who used the Card reader? USB Pen drives have been much more popular and even now you can easily get USB Card readers. Removing the extra 2 USB Slots, yeah, that was a downgrade, but removing the card reader was just an easy thing to throw away.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Would of been cool had it of incuded a multiregion PS2 but it doesn't. Still pretty good value for money for those people interested. Would also be interesting to know what the display output looked like and what it uses (RGB or component?).