Options

What is on your Christmas drinks list to buy?

rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
Occurred to me I better gets some drinks in but need some ideas on what to buy. What have you bought or going to buy drinks wise for Christmas?

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Some peach and some strawberry juice.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Pineapple juice, you cant have xmas without it.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Red wine, baileys, vodka, champagne and amaretto. Yum.
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already bought Malibu,Advocaat...Got to get Bailey's,Cherry B. Taboo, Babycham, Medium Dry Cider, Beer, Lager, Red Wine, Sparkling White wine...
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got some wine already as gifts, so we don't need any of that, although I'd like to get a sparkling rosé.

Irish cream (nice on its own with ice, or with milk, or in hot chocolate)
    sherry & lemonade
    dessert wine (I wish I could have afforded the £24.99 Canadian ice wine but I opted instead for a cheaper Austrian one, I'm sure it will taste just fine)
    Cointreau (it's delicious with Irish cream)
    may or may not pick up some pear cider
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always the season for rye whiskey in my house. My usual is a Manhattan with sweet vermouth, bitters and luxardo cherries, but I'm going to try a twist on the Negroni this year with rye, campari and sweet vermouth.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prosecco, whiskey, spiced rum and snowballs
  • Options
    katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Advocaat for Christmas and Tia Maria for Hogmanay
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided to give up giving up alcohol for the festive season, so I'll be having whisky, gin, port, beer and a case of prosecco.
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 374,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White wine
    Baileys
    Orange and passion fruit J20
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a big drinker but i do like the odd tot at Christmas... I've got a bottle of Sainsbury's own brand irish cream which I bought yesterday and a bottle of Drambuie that i bought last year and never opened. :D
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Prosecco
    Baileys
    Sauvignon Blanc
    Some rose, I quite like Tattinger Rose
    Some Remy Martin or Courvoisier, I wouldn't normally buy this but I will have guests popping round who all love it
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing now!

I've been given a bottle of Baileys, and have acquired several bottles of wine through various means.

There was plenty in the drinks cupboard already (gin, brandy, vodka, etc) and beer in the larder "in case anybody comes" as my mother used to say :D

I did buy a bottle of Lidl's Amaretto recently as we were nearly out. It's much better than the cheaper Aldi version, which is sweeter and half the strength. The Lidl one is made in Italy which helps. Goes well with the Baileys too ;-)