Jimmy Savile tried to seduce me in hospital says Amanda Holden

Comments

• Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one who has saved this information for way too long....:rolleyes:
  • Sam WalkerSam Walker Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Funny how this only comes to light when she has a book out. :rolleyes: Sorry but I don't buy it. Also, at 19, wasn't she a bit old for Savile?
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one who has saved this information for way too long....:rolleyes:

It wouldn't have made any difference if she had told.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Walker wrote: »
    Funny how this only comes to light when she has a book out. :rolleyes: Sorry but I don't buy it. Also, at 19, wasn't she a bit old for Savile?

The story is plausible though. Many people who encountered Savile and who didn't know of the abuse said he was creepy, lewd and inappropriate in the company of young women (the guy had zero social skills and often left people feeling very uncomfortable).
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    *waves at Amanda as she passes by on the bandwagon de jour*
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Apparently he rode in on Shergar and Lord Lucan watched the corridor for Savile while he twirled his moustache and advanced on poor Amanda.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    *waves at Amanda as she passes by on the bandwagon de jour*

I'm waiting for the bi-polar diagnosis or is that a bit last week now in Zeleb land?
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why she's getting flak for putting the incident in her autobiography. What's wrong with her mentioning it?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    the man abused 100s or possibly thousands of vulnerable children over decades.

that he did not abuse an adult can not possibly be worthy of anyone's attention. even if they are now famous.
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Can't say I blame him though..
  • pwuzpwuz Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is she whor ... i mean trying to sell at the moment? something on qvc prob
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is such an idiot. First off she's suddenly decided to jump on this bandwagon so late, nobody will really care/believe her. Also she talks about the Savile rumours being very well known and even says 'Why no one did anything about it, I have no idea.'

Then she goes on to say she was sexually assaulted by a 'famous comedian' when she was in between cheating with Neil Morrissey and getting back together with Les Dennis - but doesn't report it. So why has she not 'done anything about it'? Hypocrite.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, of course everybody knew about Savile all along, didn't they?? :rolleyes::yawn:

Most of the grubby details 'emerging' from this book so far are all about her sex life and being groped by various people. That'll be something to talk about around the dinner table with her husband and in-laws.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    She is such an idiot. First off she's suddenly decided to jump on this bandwagon so late, nobody will really care/believe her. Also she talks about the Savile rumours being very well known and even says 'Why no one did anything about it, I have no idea.'

Then she goes on to say she was sexually assaulted by a 'famous comedian' when she was in between cheating with Neil Morrissey and getting back together with Les Dennis - but doesn't report it. So why has she not 'done anything about it'? Hypocrite.

Most cases of sexual assault go unreported ...
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,814
    Forum Member
    Justicar wrote: »
    I don't see why she's getting flak for putting the incident in her autobiography. What's wrong with her mentioning it?

She says she dined out on it for years and waits till she has a book to sell before going public. I guess timing is everything.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most cases of sexual assault go unreported ...

I appreciate that, but she does say that everybody knew about the Savile rumours, and specifically questions why nobody acted. The hypocrisy is in then going on to discuss being assaulted and not doing anything about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    She says she dined out on it for years and waits till she has a book to sell before going public. I guess timing is everything.

If I were writing an autobiography I'd reserve the juicy stuff for it too. It's just common sense, surely?
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were writing an autobiography I'd reserve the juicy stuff for it too. It's just common sense, surely?

Nobody would be interested in an autobiography that you, or me for that matter, would write, as we aren't famous. ;)

It's just an exercise in money grabbing for Mandy Dearest, and even her father hasn't been immune from a pasting in this book.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Price will be gutted she missed this opportunity
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's not exactly claiming sexual assault either, is she? Just that she had a weird experience with him and found him a creep.

I'm no fan of AH, but hardly bandwaggoning, I'd say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just an exercise in money grabbing for Mandy Dearest

Authors earn money from books they sell, that's sort of how it works.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Sure he did Mandy, sure he did.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Amanda done to cause all this fuss? Oh right, I see that she almost got seduced by pervy ol' Jimmy, being 19 years old at the time...hardly the age of a child, was she?!! :rolleyes:
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Authors earn money from books they sell, that's sort of how it works.

Er, yes. Why wouldn't they? :confused:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only she had said something earlier.