Topless Newsreaders

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In response to the recent Page 3 furore, the BBC and Sky should introduce topless news readers.

Comments

• Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Their legs are already hidden behind the desk so if they have nothing above the waist they will be invisible to camera. I prefer a fully formed human being and wouldn't wish just a pair of legs on anybody, newsreaders included.

Are you drunk by the way? This thread isn't going to last too long before it's top and bottomless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In response to the recent Page 3 furore, the BBC and Sky should introduce topless news readers.

Live TV did it back in the 90s, old gimmick.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha! Ha! I seriously doubt that that'll happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where was this? I didn't see any topless newsreaders back in the 90s.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Hill topless....yes please.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect Huw Edwards would put his foot down there...
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Why? Their legs are already hidden behind the desk so if they have nothing above the waist they will be invisible to camera. I prefer a fully formed human being and wouldn't wish just a pair of legs on anybody, newsreaders included.

Are you drunk by the way? This thread isn't going to last too long before it's top and bottomless.
    Tee-hee, nice one!
  • geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    google naked news:o
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Jane Hill topless....yes please.

She is my ideal woman, expect for her not fancying men.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Where was this? I didn't see any topless newsreaders back in the 90s.

L!VE TV was a really budget cable / satellite channel from the mid to late 90's.

I don't remember there being topless newsreaders but they did have topless darts, weather girls in bikinis and a woman reading the financial news that stripped to her undies whilst reading the items.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Live TV had topless darts. They tried but never quite got as far as getting the newsreaders to go topless although they did make them wear revealing themed outfits I think. They also had a dwarf on a trampoline presenting the weather forecast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    Live TV had topless darts. They tried but never quite got as far as getting the newsreaders to go topless although they did make them wear revealing themed outfits I think. They also had a dwarf on a trampoline presenting the weather forecast.

They had the nude news and weather at 11 PM and then a bizarre show called Naked Elvis on after. However I can assure you, they certainly did have nude models doing a weather forecast and the day's headlines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had the nude news and weather at 11 PM and then a bizarre show called Naked Elvis on after. However I can assure you, they certainly did have nude models doing a weather forecast and the day's headlines.
    Naked weathermen too......I bet Tomas Schafernacker would jump at the chance considering the buff body he exposed in a mag once, which I think made a few of his colleagues raise their eyebrows in amused shock. :o
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol Kirkwood doing the weather topless, now that would be a sight :D
  • John_DarylJohn_Daryl Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Carol Kirkwood doing the weather topless, now that would be a sight :D

If ever BBC wanted an all time ratings winner, then that would be all they needed to do :) Jane Hill reading the news topless followed by the weather forecast with Carol topless.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    The problem is, that for every Hill, Croxall & Raworth, you would have to ( for reasons of equality ) have a McCoy, Owens & Willcox.

Eeurgh!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is, that for every Hill, Croxall & Raworth, you would have to ( for reasons of equality ) have a McCoy, Owens & Willcox.

Eeurgh!!!
    Kay Burley standing up at the news wall on Sky News rather sums that word up. :blush:
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ITV should do this on Good Morning Britain it would push up the ratings if Susanna, Ranvir, Kate and Charlotte went topless along with Laura Tobin
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that

is genius. Make it so
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eamon Holmes would be allowed to wear a string vest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L!VE TV was a really budget cable / satellite channel from the mid to late 90's.

I don't remember there being topless newsreaders but they did have topless darts, weather girls in bikinis and a woman reading the financial news that stripped to her undies whilst reading the items.

Ah, okay. That explains why. I thought they just meant live TV.
  • blue screenblue screen Posts: 6,412
    Forum Member
    Michael Buerk went topless on "i'm a Celebrity"
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    The Japanese go for something much stronger than mere topless newsreaders!! For the less sensitive...
    Google bukkake newsreaders
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Naked weathermen too......I bet Tomas Schafernacker would jump at the chance considering the buff body he exposed in a mag once, which I think made a few of his colleagues raise their eyebrows in amused shock. :o

I'd jump at the chance of a naked Tomasz Schafernacker any time :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Keith Chegwin anyone?
    Remember him going naked?
    Ugh.