Options

Is Taylor Swifts Bad Blood the best music video since Michael Jackson Thriller?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think I is an amazing accomplishment for any artist truly inspirational

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it this morning and, obviously in my humble opinion, the answer is a very firm "No".
  • Options
    GagaKeshaMinajGagaKeshaMinaj Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll give you the best video since Telephone ;)
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. There's an existing thread by the way. Why do some feel their opinion warrants it's own thread?
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Just a load of random famous faces bunged together in a pointless 4 minute video.

Now someone dressed as Katy Perry, that would've been interesting.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge Ego fuelled Vanity project
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
    No.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Huge Ego fuelled Vanity project

Yes, that's Taylor Swift, I dislike her silly songs but dislike her even more.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely not I think Katy Perry's cameo heavy 80's inspired video for Last Friday Night was so much better it fitted the song was fun over the top and a decent watch. This comes across as one poster has said a way to show off her famous friends. It's a disappointment as it had potential it's Certainly no Thriller, Like A Prayer, Baby One More Time iconic vidoes that stand as testaments to pop cultureits just an average video with a good line up
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not get too ambitious. It's the best video since her own Blank Space, which is miles better than this one. Bad Blood is definitely entertaining though, loads of fun, and Kendrick improved on the original song, which was one of the worst on the album in its original form in my opinion.
  • Options
    Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best music video in recent years is 'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga.
  • Options
    SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    No to Taylor Swift...
    Mr. Chips wrote: »

...and no to this.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. Chips wrote: »

I never understand the fuss around the Bad Romance video. What part of it is iconic in any way? Or particularly special? To me it's just a generic pop video.

The Bad Blood video is such over-hyped nonsense. All of the 'star appearances' are in it for about 4 seconds each and don't do anything at all except stand and pout. All a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    Watching the video to Bad Blood is like watching Taylor Swift's ego getting inflated but it refuses to explode so just gets bigger and bigger...and bigger. The problem is it just doesn't go anywhere and then it ends. At this point everything deflates in a "is that it?" kinda way.

It's like the video to Mariah Carey's Heartbreaker cost over 1 million dollars to make but it certainly didn't look like it had a massive budget.

Anyways, best pop video of recent years has surely got to be Telephone by Lady Gaga & Beyonce.

That said, I thought the video to Dangerous by David Guetta feat. Sam Martin was pretty cool.
  • Options
    evkylemeatsixevkylemeatsix Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    eRRMM, no!
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Swifty but for me I prefer the Mean or Blank Space videos.

Bad Romance and Telephone beat it, Baby One More Time and Toxic were better.

I also wish it was an Out of the Woods video, rather than Bad Blood to be honest.
  • Options
    Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know but what I do know is that she is the female michael jackson of this generation
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really... Its stuffed with meaningless cameos and all that build-up leads to just a bitch slap.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    No definitely not
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I don't know but what I do know is that she is the female michael jackson of this generation

Honestly the only thing I think they have in common is that they both have/had white skin. How on earth is Taylor Swift the female Michael Jackson of this generation:confused:
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an awful thread. No!
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Blood was the worst song on the album in my opinion, but since the video came out I've changed my opinion and can listen to it a whole lot more. But Kendrick Lamar ruins it for me, I hate rap cameos.

Blank Space is by far her best music video I've seen, but I do like famous people spotting in Bad Blood, love The Trinity!
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't get all the attention she gets, just average pop singer to me, same as about a million others
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that a joke? It's not funny

Telephone was best video in recent years
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been many good pop video since Thriller, Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood being case and point in that era.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    There have been many good pop video since Thriller, Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood being case and point in that era.

For the females:

Like A Prayer ranks pretty highly when she does something of that quality I might agree.