Jo O'Meara Quits Music!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
Forum Member
doubt many people would care but Jo O'Meara has quit music,you can read about it on all her fansites but apparently she was let down by lots of people at her record label so she left them. So that means no more singles and albums out in the near future!!!! although Jo has not ruled out returning to music but it wont be anytime soon

i loved Jo and wish her the best of luck in whatever she decides to do

Comments

• mulldoonmulldoon Posts: 4,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james88 wrote:
    doubt many people would care
    You're right i don't!!! ;):D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should bring back SClub7. They were good for the regular cheesy-summer-very-quickly-annoying-but-frustratingly-catchy-tune.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame as I feel Jo had the best female singing voice from the group. Amazing how Rachel Stephens beat her in the record stakes.

But it goes to show the state of today's music industry and I know she is not alone in being disillusioned.

I wish her well for her future
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listen to a few of her songs an she's very talented. I'm disappointed that, the undoubtly prettier yet less talented, Rachel Stevens is doing so well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo came to our uni to do a performance at a malibu beach party thing we had. I felt sory for her, she was obviously so desperate for it to work, but it just couldn't, the market is saturated with bad songs at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Jo against Rachel..you could tell she had no chance no matter how long it took to release her solo stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's only released one single hasn't she?
    If this is the case,I think Jo has given up too soon. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've previously read that she had a severe back problem or something so I wonder if that has had any impact on her decision, especially if it's causing her a lot of problems? Whatever the reason, I wish Jo well in any and all of her future endeavours! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy1983 wrote:
    She's only released one single hasn't she?
    If this is the case,I think Jo has given up too soon. :rolleyes:

I agree :rolleyes: One single is nothing. She shouldn't expect instant success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    She didnt do herself any favours on the programme "just the 2 of us",to be honest. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap_soap wrote:
    I listen to a few of her songs an she's very talented. I'm disappointed that, the undoubtly prettier yet less talented, Rachel Stevens is doing so well

I don't think Rachel is doing particularly well these days. I haven't heard anything from her for a while now, although she does turn up in the tabloids (no doubt because she's easy on the eye :rolleyes: ).

Got to say, I'm amazed Rachel still has a record deal. At best she is average.

Only my opinion but I think the song Jo released was weak and I would've expected something really special as a first single (especially as it took so long to come out after the s-club split).

I don't think she did very well on Just The Two of Us either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Rachel has enjoyed chart success with some of her songs because they're quite catchy and poppy.
    Whereas Jo had released a weak ballad as her first single. I think she should have released something poppy. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote:
    Shame as I feel Jo had the best female singing voice from the group. Amazing how Rachel Stephens beat her in the record stakes.

But it goes to show the state of today's music industry and I know she is not alone in being disillusioned.

I wish her well for her future

My thoughts exactly. Mind you Rachel's not exactly setting the charts on fire either. But I'd definitely say that Jo is far more talented. Shame to see her go...
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame, but not surprising. She was great in S Club, but she didn't quite have what it takes to be a solo star at the moment when the market is so tough for pop. I don't know if there were any better tracks on her album, but I would have felt better about it if she'd had the chance to release a second single. The first one didn't do that badly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a good singer but as much as I liked her album, it was all pretty same-y, there were no stand out tracks except Wish I Was Over You, also I thought that Rachel's last album was a dramatic improvement on the first, and for a pop singer, she's really good and releases cracking tunes.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Personally I always prefered Jo over Rachel, she has a much better voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's released one single and an album I think. It's a shame though, I liked S Club just for their cheese factor! She was by far the best singer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may be the best singer but unless she releases the material to back it up, she'll get nowhere. She didn't release good enough material - end of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I always prefered Jo over Rachel, she has a much better voice.

Agreed, but she wasn't going to get as much attention seeing as she allegedly isn't one of the world's sexiest women, or whatever FHM rates Rachel Stevens as :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sleepydove wrote:
    She may be the best singer but unless she releases the material to back it up, she'll get nowhere. She didn't release good enough material - end of.
    I agree,you need the songs,not just the voice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy1983 wrote:
    I agree,you need the songs,not just the voice

I agree with this too - but it depends on who was responsibile for writing the songs and if Jo decided to pick them, or her record company, etc did. It seems like they lacked direction with choosing songs and obviously picked the wrong ones. :)
  • Pat's EarringsPat's Earrings Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had a terrible album full of bland tracks, I threw it away after first listen.

Now she can go back to her gambling ways, maybe get a job as a bingo caller?
  • The DreamingThe Dreaming Posts: 2,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Rachel Stevens been dropped?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this too - but it depends on who was responsibile for writing the songs and if Jo decided to pick them, or her record company, etc did. It seems like they lacked direction with choosing songs and obviously picked the wrong ones. :)

I don't think that necessarily matters. I have sympathy for her if her record company made her release an album she wasn't happy with - but it was still her choice to quit music. You'd think if she wasn't happy with the album, she'd be determined to release another.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Rachel Stevens been dropped?

Nope, not as far as I'm aware.