Top up cards

neyney Posts: 12,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Why is Vodafone slowly doing away with top up cards when some other mobile networks seem to still have them. I know in the next year or 2 every network will only have E-top up or use your visa or credit card. Whats the reason for this.

Darren

Comments

• sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote:
    Why is Vodafone slowly doing away with top up cards when some other mobile networks seem to still have them. I know in the next year or 2 every network will only have E-top up or use your visa or credit card. Whats the reason for this.

Darren

What's the point the networks spending money printing vouchers?

And it's less convinient for the coustimer, getting all the silver stuff under your nails, and having to type it in when in a rush, and it's windy.

E-top-up better for everyone.
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it helps keep the environment tidy, as before you could see discarded top up vouchers all over the floor - Also helps crime prevention since no longer can somebody just nick a bunch of top-up vouchers.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mostly use debit card, but sometimes use vouchers as they are good for if you want to give someone a present.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Visa or E Top up Card I use for my 02 and top up with £10 once or twice a week. My girlfriend uses vouchers still for her Vodafone but not every shop seems to sell Vodafone vouchers.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 and the top-up machine prints out a voucher code number and you have to dial a number on the phone and type it in. You can't top up by credit/debit card yet which is a little annoying.

I agree with the comment about physical vouchers being useful for presents and so on. Although that said on most networks you can normally tie multiple E-Topup cards with just one account to achieve the same result.
  • Carlos_NomadCarlos_Nomad Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ney wrote:
    Visa or E Top up Card I use for my 02 and top up with £10 once or twice a week. My girlfriend uses vouchers still for her Vodafone but not every shop seems to sell Vodafone vouchers.

Darren

Vodafone had stopped printing vouchers, the only ones left are the ones still in circulation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodafone had stopped printing vouchers, the only ones left are the ones still in circulation.

Will every network end up stoping the Top Up Vouchers. Why do some shops say they have no Vouchers and not use the top-up machine to prints out a voucher code number and I see Vodafone is the only nextwork were you can till top up with £5 from an E-Top up. My girlfriend will soon be forced to get a E Top Up Card for her Vodafone. I found it hard the other day getting my girlfriend a £10 Voucher for her Vodafone as a birthday gift. I see on the 02 website that they still sell Vouchers but also some shops print out a Voucher code number but I have never seem shops do that on the Top Up machine.

Darren
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can top up your Vodafone with:

- Debit/credit card
    - E - TopUp card
    - Some cash machines

- Some shops i.e. Sainsbury’s sell some thing called an E-Voucher. The till prints a voucher code out on a till receipt, which you can use exactly the same way as an old style voucher.

Personally, I think that using your credit / debit card is the easiest.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ney wrote:
    Will every network end up stoping the Top Up Vouchers. Why do some shops say they have no Vouchers and not use the top-up machine to prints out a voucher code number and I see Vodafone is the only nextwork were you can till top up with £5 from an E-Top up. My girlfriend will soon be forced to get a E Top Up Card for her Vodafone. I found it hard the other day getting my girlfriend a £10 Voucher for her Vodafone as a birthday gift. I see on the 02 website that they still sell Vouchers but also some shops print out a Voucher code number but I have never seem shops do that on the Top Up machine.

Darren

Virgin Mobile offers £5 vouchers and £5 e top up payments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can top up your Vodafone with:

- Debit/credit card
    - E - TopUp card
    - Some cash machines

- Some shops i.e. Sainsbury’s sell some thing called an E-Voucher. The till prints a voucher code out on a till receipt, which you can use exactly the same way as an old style voucher.

Personally, I think that using your credit / debit card is the easiest.

Thats fine but I only have Asda, Tesco and Safeway in my area. A Vodafone shop did open a few months ago at the other end of town from me. You cant use a Debit/credit card or a E - TopUp card to gave someone £10 on there mobile as a gift.

Darren
  • Carlos_NomadCarlos_Nomad Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ney wrote:
    Thats fine but I only have Asda, Tesco and Safeway in my area. A Vodafone shop did open a few months ago at the other end of town from me. You cant use a Debit/credit card or a E - TopUp card to gave someone £10 on there mobile as a gift.

Darren

Whats the big thing about giving top up cards as a gift? You may as well give money or a gift voucher, these can both be used to purchase credit if the person then decides to.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the big thing about giving top up cards as a gift? You may as well give money or a gift voucher, these can both be used to purchase credit if the person then decides to.

Agreed, E-Top Up advantages far outweigh the disadvantage.