What job would your ideal parner have

Comments

• SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    A manager of a 5 star hotel in Barbados with on-site accommodation.
  • NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    johnF1971 wrote: »

BIB: Nice euphemism, oooooh errrr.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    A crusty academic university professor....

Not all academics are crusty old professors who smoke pipes and wear tweed, I'll have you know! Some of them are younger. There's a lecturer in my college (she lectures in employment law, equality law and equity and trusts) and who I quite like (no not in THAT way, just that she's a nice person) and she's in her mid-late 40s but quite attractive for her age. The lads all fancy her ;-) My mother thinks I have a crush on this woman but I don't. I like her a lot because she's a very intelligent lecturer but also a nice person and she supported me through a difficult time in 2014. She even let me cry in her office 😢👩🏻🏢🐐🎮 I'm hoping to become a law lecturer myself and to do that I need a PhD. I'm anything but crusty :D
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all academics are crusty old professors who smoke pipes and wear tweed, I'll have you know! Some of them are younger. There's a lecturer in my college (she lectures in employment law, equality law and equity and trusts) and who I quite like (no not in THAT way, just that she's a nice person) and she's in her mid-late 40s but quite attractive for her age. The lads all fancy her ;-) My mother thinks I have a crush on this woman but I don't. I like her a lot because she's a very intelligent lecturer but also a nice person and she supported me through a difficult time in 2014. She even let me cry in her office 😢👩🏻🏢🐐🎮 I'm hoping to become a law lecturer myself and to do that I need a PhD. I'm anything but crusty :D

That's a shame. I could go for Michael caine in educating rita......
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm going to have to agree with your mother.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the answer would probably disgust and confuse you. But, I like to watch.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    I'm going to have to agree with your mother.

What makes you say that?? 😐
  • FrodointheshireFrodointheshire Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empress of the world would be pretty good. I'd probably understand that more than digital test manager as she is now!
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funnily enough I was playing scrabble the other day and had a shortage of vowels throughout.

I'm sure they sell a cream for that ;)
  • shardlakeshardlake Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    A vet
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shardlake wrote: »
    A vet

I agree.

Our current vet is wonderful and whenever I go over there with the dog he perches on the counter and looks me directly in the eyes with a wry smile and a patient ear. I could easily take him there and then on the examination table :blush: My husband is convinced I've pulled .... and that is a nice thought :p
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shardlake wrote: »
    A vet

Which war?
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One that makes him really happy. He doesn't really like his current job, and he's brilliant with computers and techy stuff, so it would be nice if he could do that AND get paid for it.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like her to be a barrister, I have a thing for wigs :cool:
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    None at all then we can spend more time together
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not give a toss if she was testing out the latest dildos.

A soulmate's happiness should come before your own - they should be put first above all else.

That is what true love is.
  • CuriousguyCuriousguy Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Really can't see why the ideal parner, partner, soulmate, needs a job. As long as the two of you are happy, what does it matter who works and at what.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would proboably be an academic. Maybe not in the hard sciences or languages but something in social sciences, arts or humanities, philosophy. I always find it strange when I hear it said that women need to be careful not to seem too intelligent for fear of putting guys off. I've never been put off by it.

The trouble is that such people are rather hard to meet. I wouldn't say it was like the freemasons but they seem to stick to their own a lot.

Are you an academic? people do tend to stick to their social/work circles. An academic would have more in common with a fellow academic than with say a lorry driver. I wouldn't care what a future partner would do, as long as they did something. Dating someone who is very long term unemployed, who does nothing with his time (no volunteer work, or improving his job prospects) wouldn't work for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Are you an academic? people do tend to stick to their social/work circles. An academic would have more in common with a fellow academic than with say a lorry driver. I wouldn't care what a future partner would do, as long as they did something. Dating someone who is very long term unemployed, who does nothing with his time (no volunteer work, or improving his job prospects) wouldn't work for me.

But what if they were a 'nice guy' Minnie? ;-)
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what if they were a 'nice guy' Minnie? ;-)

Nice guy as in genuinely nice, or niceguy with a chip on his shoulder and a sense of entitlement? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Nice guy as in genuinely nice, or niceguy with a chip on his shoulder and a sense of entitlement? ;-)

I will leave you to form your own opinion on that! :p
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »

Good answer. On a similar note, when my kids were younger they used to want their dad to get a job as a maintenance manager in Walt Disney World!

Seriously, I genuinely wouldn't mind as long as they were happy, although it's handy being married to someone who is practical as it has saved a fortune over the years in calling out engineers to repair things.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ideally a combination of doctor/dentist/hairdresser, so I could avoid having to go to those appointments.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Ideally a combination of doctor/dentist/hairdresser, so I could avoid having to go to those appointments.
    Once upon a time. You were born a few hundred years too late.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. Not something I've ever really thought about to be honest. Something that he's enthusiastic and passionate about. Happy at work = reduced stress and increased general satisfaction. That'll transfer to happy at home. Something to do with nature or animals maybe...purely because those are my interests so we'd connect on that.