Options

Iplayer downloader - won't download!!

1. Hi Guys,
I recently downloaded bbc iplayer, when I click on it, it - rightly says I have no programmes to watch.

I click through the "download programmes" button which brings me to the iplayer home page - so far so good.

I select (for example) TV, John Bishops Britain, then select download options, for iplayer desktop-"click" and ....drumroll, nothing, nyada, zilch!!

I de installed and reinstalled thinking perhaps there was a corrupt file somewhere, this made no difference.

I then selected download for windows media player and got this message;

Software upgrade required
To download BBC iPlayer programmes please upgrade your version of Windows Media Player. Click here to get the latest version from Microsoft.

So far as I can see for my OS (XP pro) wmp11 IS the latest version available and the one I'm using.

It's really quite frustrating, I have had no luck on the support site or, so far by trawling through the net looking for answers. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation and best regards,
Brian.

Comments

• Options
    cwaitecwaite Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    It appears there maybe a problem with the website as the download option seems to be greyed out for materal broadcast in the last few days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    cwaite wrote: »
    It appears there maybe a problem with the website as the download option seems to be greyed out for materal broadcast in the last few days.

Thanks, on the advice of a teccy fourum elsewhere, I have deleated the digital rights management cache in windows media player and updated this from microsofts website. A freash install of bbc iplayer now seems to be working as it should!

Best regards,

Brian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    any chance you could tell us where the info is as I can't download either.