Very Good Magician On Americas Got Talent, no holes in lemons, or bad camera angles..

St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you
    Blimey how did he do that :)
    very talented
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the guy who
    Michael McIntyre introduced as the winner of America's Got Talent on Easter Night At The Coliseum'?
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    AGT has become notorious for screwing up the camera angles on magicians (and dance acts too, where it doesn't look as good at certain angles). So if this is a segment where they DIDN'T? That's new.

Then again, it looks like they'd got new staff doing those jobs this season. Just from the fancy opening sequences/credits, you can tell they've prioritised better camerawork this time around. Finally.
    Forum Member
    Is that the guy who
    Michael McIntyre introduced as the winner of America's Got Talent on Easter Night At The Coliseum'?

This is from the 2015 season, which means it hasn't happened yet. Just like the UK version it includes live shows, and those haven't happened yet.

Clearly (WARNING: SUPER BIG SPOILER INSIDE)
    he had to be referring to

The Season NINE winner. Who I just looked up and he's named "Mat Franco". So if that sounds familiar, that's the fellow, not the person in that other clip from this year.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This post has fallen into Michael McIntyre's man drawer.
    Forum Member
    This post has fallen into Michael McIntyre's man drawer.
    Sounds very... unpleasant.

And squishy.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be impossible to have a bad camera angle on that card trick,as there nothing to show. But I suspect something edited out of the second one.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few do this Dynamo quite a bit, something to do with double lifts I would say.
  • hellomoto977hellomoto977 Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, very talented!
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I thought this might be the Dragon guy. I liked him.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few do this Dynamo quite a bit, something to do with double lifts I would say.

Yeah it looks like a pretty simple trick, but it's all about the presentation. The whole 'SM' thing was fairly risky because Mel could have said other initials just for the sake of it. He probably got the 'SM' detail from her autobiography or something.