Luke Friend - Better in live shows than most people thought he'd be?!

2»

Comments

• earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be honest, the Boys weren't picked for their song belt-y vocals. All three have serviceable (i.e. some artists in the charts have weaker voices so there's a precedent in picking them) vocals and have something beyond the voice (different per act and with varying degrees) that I find worth rooting for (still hoping that Gary and Nicole lose an act before Louis this year :D). Luke has impressed because he's defying the pre-live show notion (by many people) that his hair has all his personality. Literally everyone else in the bottom half of the odds charts (or whatever they are called) have longer odds than last week, so something good must be happening.

That said, I hope he connects with his song, although Seal is a bit of a tall order, I reckon.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CEThom wrote: »
    Seconded. Flat as a pancake and can't hold a note for longer than about two seconds.

Ah! it's showy vocal gymnastics that impresses you. You won't like Luke then. He's no Tim Buckley, but he has a very pleasant voice that's ideal for certain types of music. Shame he didn't try to make it without XF - he'll never be taken seriously now.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    Luke is just an average singer with dirty hair. Absolsutely nothing to write home about.

I tend to agree, however, his performance last week was an improvement. If he plays his guitar and sings that might sway me a little!
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A million times better! Biggest surprise for me & I'm looking forward to watching him tonight. Well done Luke:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Ah! it's showy vocal gymnastics that impresses you.

People whose voices aren't flat and can sing in key.
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because he isn't the Joe McElderry, Leon Jackson type, doesn't mean he's not good.

I've heard a few of his original songs, he's a brilliant musician.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke's not got the best voice, thought his week 1 performance was really good but he was one of the worst last week. I adore his song choice this week so I'm looking forward to how he does, he's still my favourite from the boys.
  • M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Thoughts since his third live show performance? I thought it was his best out of the three and is seen as a dark horse now I reckon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Luke keeps up the current standard of performances he could be a serious contender.
  • twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I don't know who's voting for the boy. He's not awful or anything but I don't know where the appeal is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I am voting for him every week and continue to do so, have you got a problem with that twyss?
    Loved him from his first audition and have supported him since then
    will continue to do so in his music career
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised by him, he has a good voice and so far I've enjoyed all his performances.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disappointed with his first live show performance but I enjoyed last week's even though I don't particularly care for the song. This week - he was my favourite of the night.