Jamie Raven's Lemon Had A Huge Hole in it

Comments

• Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    Nice straw-man.

Who mentioned anything about those people you noted as having charisma? :confused:

Charisma is an ambiguous term. Most people considered to have it nowadays, I tend to think don't.

There isn't a formal list in circulation of people with charisma and those without it.

He made an odd choice for one of his two tricks to be such a routine and standard one but pulled it off faultlessly - and it is one which takes a lot of skill and quick thought.

As for the Lemon trick, yes Twitter of course it had a ****ing hole in it, how else do you get a note into a lemon. But he did it reasonably well and slight of hand was terrific, when considering the change of note.

For a two minute skit, it wasn't worthy of criticism.
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Invisible deck requires the ability to do simple arithmetic. The deck is prepared before and manufactured purely to pull off the trick. It's entry-level stuff. As is the note change trick. It's stuff anyone can learn within minutes.

Palming folded notes and stuffing them into prep'd fruit is simple stuff too. A self-proclaimed fan of magic would know this.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    You claimed to be a fan of magic yet don't know how a note change trick works?

I assume you're simply trolling. :blush:

You are really mixing your terms here.

You do get that "A fan of magic" could just be someone who likes watching magic shows, it doesn't mean or have to be that they are a fully paid up member of the Magic Circle.

So why should someone who likes watching magic shows know anything about the methods use? In fact many fans of magic don't wish to know as it ruins the show for them. (Not that ruining other people's business seems to be holding you back at all.)
    Forum Member
    Invisible deck requires the ability to do simple arithmetic. The deck is prepared before and manufactured purely to pull off the trick. It's entry-level stuff. As is the note change trick. It's stuff anyone can learn within minutes.

Palming folded notes and stuffing them into prep'd fruit is simple stuff too. A self-proclaimed fan of magic would know this.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSST! (In a quiet whisper) He didn't palm the note!

Haven't you found the correct video yet?

So, your greatness in the art of ruining magic to show everyone that you are so clever and a superior human being to everyone else, turns out to be just the ability to google things. Your secret has been revealed! And it turns out to be something anyone could do!
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Jamie was excellent and voted for him on both shows. If you think these tricks are dead simple and you can do better then why not enter next year - he was runner up, you would obviously win and earn yourself £250,000 for your own slightly better amateur level 'magic'.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you need to check your profile, as your profile says you're female, unless of course you've HD a sex change since signing up to DS

Well blow me down,Ive no idea why that is. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are really mixing your terms here.

You do get that "A fan of magic" could just be someone who likes watching magic shows, it doesn't mean or have to be that they are a fully paid up member of the Magic Circle.

So why should someone who likes watching magic shows know anything about the methods use? In fact many fans of magic don't wish to know as it ruins the show for them. (Not that ruining other people's business seems to be holding you back at all.)

You're right. I assumed egghead was a fan of magic as an art form and craft when she proclaimed "I like magic and I will defend the art". I can see that was an utterly ludicrous assumption on my behalf, that her interest in magic was beyond simply being pleased by cheap SoH tricks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o

He has 3 seconds to find the opposing card, calculate the difference in numerical and suit and split the right card - and not to just a room of 30 people.

Criticism for choosing that trick maybe, but anything more than that is ridiculously harsh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    I thought Jamie was excellent and voted for him on both shows. If you think these tricks are dead simple and you can do better then why not enter next year - he was runner up, you would obviously win and earn yourself £250,000 for your own slightly better amateur level 'magic'.

:D:D:D

A sound and logical argument well presented.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o

He has 3 seconds to find the opposing card, calculate the difference in numerical and suit and split the right card - and not to just a room of 30 people.

Criticism for choosing that trick maybe, but anything more than that is ridiculously harsh.

You prep the deck beforehand, that's part of the craft. It's not like he had them shuffle the pack before proceeding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

HE didnt palm anything or stuff it into the lemon you would know this if you knew the method. which luckily google cant tell you easily which is why you never posted it.. If a bill switch can be learnt in ten minutes youve time to upload a video of yourself before I log off tonight. Off you go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You prep the deck beforehand, that's part of the craft. It's not like he had them shuffle the pack before proceeding.

How would you "Prep the deck beforehand" when you dont know the card which will be chosen! duh!
    You not found secret to lemon trick yet ?Your google skills are lacking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    HE didnt palm anything or stuff it into the lemon you would know this if you knew the method. which luckily google cant tell you easily which is why you never posted it.. If a bill switch can be learnt in ten minutes youve time to upload a video of yourself before I log off tonight. Off you go.

There's a hole in the bottom of the lemon, which the overhead camera shown. This is where the note is inserted. This has already been discussed on this very thread numerous times, but you continue to ignore it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, but he still is reliant on what card is chosen and knowing how to open the pack too. It is about 3-4 seconds from once the card is made known.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would you "Prep the deck beforehand" when you dont know the card which will be chosen! duh!
    You not found secret to lemon trick yet ?Your google skills are lacking.

Memorising the placement of grouped cards. Another magicians trick. It's an aid to help with the speed of execution.

Basic stuff. ;-)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it you're getting upset about? That an uncharismatic magician doing entry-level tricks is so amateurish and poor in his execution that he exposes his inability to deceive the audience TWICE on national TV?

Now you're getting aggressive like egghead did after she failed to defend his awful performance? :D

I'm not upset. :confused:
    I'm not aggressive. :confused:

How was the trick done? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a hole in the bottom of the lemon, which the overhead camera shown. This is where the note is inserted. This has already been discussed on this very thread numerous times, but you continue to ignore it.

Im not ignoring that at all.There is a hole inside where the note was stuck I acknowledged this on page 1. You are to yet explain how the note got there. It was not palmed.

Off you go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memorising the placement of grouped cards. Another magicians trick. It's an aid to help with the speed of execution.

Basic stuff. ;-)

But you already said it was a shop bought trick deck(which it was) you dont memorize groups of cards lol. Youve got no idea unless google tells you. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you already said it was a shop bought trick deck(which it was) you dont memorize groups of cards lol. Youve got no idea unless google tells you. :p

Of course you memorise placements of grouped cards. That's part of the preparation that allows to speed up the trick! :blush::blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well im off to bed maybe by morning Peugot will have do a u turn and admitted he has no idea. ;)
    Forum Member
    You're right. I assumed egghead was a fan of magic as an art form and craft when she proclaimed "I like magic and I will defend the art". I can see that was an utterly ludicrous assumption on my behalf, that her interest in magic was beyond simply being pleased by cheap SoH tricks.

Again you seem to be mixing your terms.

Sleight of Hand is something you learn and then practise, it's not something to buy directly. So whilst you can have and buy cheap tricks, you can't really have cheap slight of hand tricks.

Also you show very little actual knowledge outside of what Google tells you as price of trick does not, and never has done, mean that it's a bad trick.

With my knowledge I have seen Derren Brown use an item that cost less than £1 to achieve the desired effect. That didn't make the trick bad in any way.

Also some Sleight of Hand takes years of practice to get right.

So all in all you seem to be abusing the word 'cheap' to mean that you thought is was bad.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Queue frantic searching.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again you seem to be mixing your terms.

Sleight of Hand is something you learn and then practise, it's not something to buy directly. So whilst you can have and buy cheap tricks, you can't really have cheap slight of hand tricks.

Also you show very little actual knowledge outside of what Google tells you as price of trick does not, and never has done, mean that it's a bad trick.

With my knowledge I have seen Derren Brown use an item that cost less than £1 to achieve the desired effect. That didn't make the trick bad in any way.

Also some Sleight of Hand takes years of practice to get right.

So all in all you seem to be abusing the word 'cheap' to mean that you thought is was bad.

It's a sleight-of-hand act, using cheap, simplistic tricks. No mixing up of terms, something you've erroneously claimed twice now.

Time you moved on. ;-)
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member

You are comedy gold. Unfortunately, I don't think you're a comedian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well im off to bed maybe by morning Peugot will have do a u turn and admitted he has no idea. ;)

You asked me to explain the note change trick; I posted a selection of videos. You asked how inserting the note in the lemon occurred, despite it already being explained to you previously.

You're resorting to playing to the crowd as you've blindly defended a poor act and resorted to ad hominem attacks to deflect from your lack of substantial argument.