Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only Dany's dragon hatching on the pyre is on a par with that.

It'd be rather nice to see the other two now and again though. :D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shute wrote: »
    It'd be rather nice to see the other two now and again though. :D
    You do see one of the others briefly in the latest episode when Drogon (the Black one) gets put back into his cage by Doreah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I prefer it to the first series, personally. I think some people may have been put off by certain expectations from the finale of series 1 and the slower pace of the first few episodes.

I get the impression that a lot of viewers found Stannis dull, but perhaps the last couple of episodes have changed their estimation of that plot line.

I found Stannis dull, but I'm more interested in him now there is a potential conflict with Melisandre "getting the glory/victory" or whatever Ser Davos said.

On chapter 3 of book 1...slowly slowly catchy monkey. Enjoying more now that I can picture them. Ned & Catelynn are chatting in the woods and I can picture the woods clearly, unlike starting on book 2 and wondering who the heck Stannis was! :D

I hope Dany crosses the narrow sea. I wonder if it will be in the finale or similar? Perhaps it won't be this season? Who knows.

The story beyond the wall is still my favourite thread which is interesting as it has least to do with the iron throne :) I want them to find Uncle Benjen Stark!
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I'm not sure if she was contemplating killing Tywin at that point, I thought she was just thinking of using the distraction to grab Needle :confused:

In any case, I think Arya is trying to be realistic with her choices. She doesn't know Jaqen's capabilities but trying to assassinate someone like Tywin (or Joffrey or whatever) has got to be incredibly difficult. It's not like nobody else would have thought of it.

Chances are he'd end up getting himself killed instead and that would be a bit of a waste.

I think she's probably just gunning for the people who are a direct threat to her right now. She's a little kid but she's also a survivor.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    I think she's probably just gunning for the people who are a direct threat to her right now. She's a little kid but she's also a survivor.

I agree. If Tywin were to ride out with his men then Arya and Gendry would be back in the hands of those brutes. If she takes out some of the nastiest ones then there may be a chance she'd be ok.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    srhDS wrote: »
    I agree. If Tywin were to ride out with his men then Arya and Gendry would be back in the hands of those brutes. If she takes out some of the nastiest ones then there may be a chance she'd be ok.

I don't think her choice of The Tickler was self-preservation, I think he was just the most obvious choice for someone she thought deserved to die. Plus his death would help save others from suffering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    J-J wrote: »
    I dont know, i dont trust this new guy and i think she needs to wait for the Dragons to grow a bit first.

But it would be awesome to see her flying over the top as Starks v Lannisters v Baratheon is in full flow!

Imagine their faces :eek:

Has word got back about the Dragons yet? Varys has spies and connections there as we know but i cant remember if the Dragons have been Mentioned by him?

I'm sure there was an episode where someone (possibly Tyrion) mentioned rumours of dragons in the free cities as well as scary things north of the wall to Cersei and she brushes it off with a quip about 'Grumpkins & Snarks' in one of the earlier S2 episodes?
    It could have been a completely different scene with Varys even? But the phrase "there's even rumours of dragons across the narrow sea" or something v similar is def ringing a bell.

The main point being that the rumour is dismissed out of hand as nonsense...sooner or later that will be a massive 'oops my bad' moment no doubt! :eek:

I have no way of checking now, maybe someone else is able to?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, that was mentioned, and Cersei casually dismissed it as a nonsensical rumour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the fact that the dragons and the white walkers are going to come up at some time and bite them all on the arse (theoretically and presumably).

Also wonder if the dragons will be used to fight the white walkers. This is pure speculation btw but this is how I can see whoever has the dragons will have the upper hand against the white walkers. Fire and Ice.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    . . . I can see whoever has the dragons will have the upper hand against the white walkers. Fire and Ice.

Why do you think the series as a whole is called A Song of Ice and Fire ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Why do you think the series as a whole is called A Song of Ice and Fire ;)

I'd got it, but then I hadn't really got it until I wrote that post. :confused: I had always thought of the dragons and Targaryens as fire and the northmen/starks/wall as ice but it hadn't actually thought that the white walkers were ice too.

This is why this is my favourite tv series/book series ever, it's always challenging me.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd got it, but then I hadn't really got it until I wrote that post. :confused: I had always thought of the dragons and Targaryens as fire and the northmen/starks/wall as ice but it hadn't actually thought that the white walkers were ice too.

This is why this is my favourite tv series/book series ever, it's always challenging me.

:) It's another of the little things I love about George Martin although I don't think the White Walkers are actually made of ice. I think they're mixed up in the TV series with The Others when Bran speaks about the legends of a long forgotten race made of ice and cold and defeated by a man carrying a flaming sword.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ho ho ho, that is all.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice episode, stand by for people saying but that didn't happen in the book. ;)

Nice to have some violence and sex back, I was starting to miss them.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    New to this thread, so apologies if anything I say has been discussed.

Firstly, I am loving season 2. As I haven't read the books, but do intend to one day when the TV series is a distant memory, I have to say I wasn't sure I'd like season 2 minus Ned Stark. But I am enjoying it even more. However, I have a couple of observations about 'The Ghost of Harrenhal'.

The alchemist claims wildfire can destroy anything from flesh, wood to metal. So, unless I missed something in the dialogue, how come he can store it in wooden barrels?

I think Brienne is a striking character, with real physical presence. However, did anyone else find Gwendoline Christie's acting a little strained during her oath to Cat in the forest? It was a shame because in general I find the acting superb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They store the wildfire at very low temperatures, it burns if it gets too hot, that's as far as I can remember.

I wasn't sure about the oathtaking, it was very awkward but then she is supposed to be that way, only being comfortable in battle etc.

She certainly looks the part but we will have to wait and see if she can do the character full justice.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    They store the wildfire at very low temperatures, it burns if it gets too hot, that's as far as I can remember.

I wasn't sure about the oathtaking, it was very awkward but then she is supposed to be that way, only being comfortable in battle etc.

She certainly looks the part but we will have to wait and see if she can do the character full justice.

Thanks. :)

As for Gwendoline Christie, I'm sure she will really come into her own. I'll not judge her too harshly on one scene, that as you say was probably intentionally awkward given the character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Ho ho ho, that is all.

A jolly good time was had by all innit
    Nice to have some violence and sex back, I was starting to miss them.
    Some of us will still probably moan about too much gratuitous plot ;)

Pretty cool the way Theon was so readily accepted by mensa :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little things, like the Rangers not wearing hats, are still bothering me, I can't help but get annoyed by trivia.

My complaint this week is that Osha apparently can't be bothered to brush her hair yet has perfectly groomed nether regions.

I suppose I could accept, just about, that all the **** take care of their pubic hair, but a wildling?

Does this make me a perv?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think once again I can't help but feel a little sad at how quickly the opening events went by in Winterfell.

But the riot made up for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this make me a perv?

No..perv's are tame compared to you :D;)

I must admit I noticed that it wasn't as verdant as I was expecting and I'll be very upset if Yara's is like that..if it is she obviously hasn't been paying the iron price :eek: :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's all down to budget but I am starting to get taken out of the moment by the meagre number of extras used.

I really, really hate Theon and he was at his very worst in this episode but I've got to say that Alfie Allen is playing a blinder.

Deleted most of it because most people won't see the episode until tonight. sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really hate Theon and he was at his very worst in this episode but I've got to say that Alfie Allen is playing a blinder.

I'm actually scared he really is that thick in real life :D

Ygritte was a laugh though ( not to mention doing a nice line in thrutching:D)..looking forward to where they go with her............................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the young Bianca Jackson? ;)

Nah she was pretty good but the stroppiness really did make me think of Bianca.