Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express - 11/10/2014 (BBC One/HD-8:35pm) Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Rory Mickey Wilf

Arguably the two best companions among those three.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i thought it was good, the mummys were very scary and i loved it when the doctor said "are you my mummy"
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Near the end of the episode when Clara woke up, she saw The Doctor and he spoke words but were they the words of a good man?:confused:
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this episode Clara has short hair, looks very nice and in the next episode she has long hair, when did that happen?:confused:
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised how STUPID I have been

We see and hear Foxes singing Don't Stop Me Now while Clara and the Doctor discuss that this adventure would be a good one to end it all, to stop travelling ....

In the middle of the episode Maisie basically tells Clara the Doctor was really bad and mean, but why didn't she stop travelling with him, why didn't she leave the door slammed shut, unless she can't?

Finally, at the end of the episode, basically Clara does as the song said, she doesn't stop because she is having such a good time ....

Duh ! Only took one week for me to get it!
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    +1 for Perkins

What I liked was how he was on the same wavelength as the Doctor. It would be a welcome change, as far as I'm concerned, to have a companion who was worldly and worked well with the Doctor instead of one who was naive and antagonistic for all but a few minutes of the episode. In addition, two blokes off an adventure would have a greater sense of camaraderie, IMO.
    Forum Member
    Rory Mickey Wilf

They were secondary companions really thoug weren't they; the companions of companions. None of them were chosen by the Doctor, they were baggage in fact.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    +1 for Perkins

What I liked was how he was on the same wavelength as the Doctor. It would be a welcome change, as far as I'm concerned, to have a companion who was worldly and worked well with the Doctor instead of one who was naive and antagonistic for all but a few minutes of the episode. In addition, two blokes off an adventure would have a greater sense of camaraderie, IMO.

Agreed. Wouldn't it be a change to have a nice steady companion who may pull up the Doctor from time to time if he gets OTT but doesn't throw strops or get too emotionally involved with him and end up more or less treating him as just another bloke who happens to be a time traveller, as seems to be happening at the moment. And who doesn't save the universe as a side line.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't stop her now - she's having such a good time!
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    I've just realised how STUPID I have been

We see and hear Foxes singing Don't Stop Me Now while Clara and the Doctor discuss that this adventure would be a good one to end it all, to stop travelling ....

In the middle of the episode Maisie basically tells Clara the Doctor was really bad and mean, but why didn't she stop travelling with him, why didn't she leave the door slammed shut, unless she can't?

Finally, at the end of the episode, basically Clara does as the song said, she doesn't stop because she is having such a good time ....

Duh ! Only took one week for me to get it!

If only you'd read my post, you would have realised days ago!
    Forum Member
    Yes I should also mention that I loved the rendering of the classic Don't Stop Me Now.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only you'd read my post, you would have realised days ago!

Indeed - feeling doubly stupid now :)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Indeed - feeling doubly stupid now :)

The thing is, I usually miss all these connections in the programme, only realising I have missed them when I come on here and have them carefully pointed out by those more observant and astute than myself.

So, having noticed the aptness of the song, I want to get the kudos for it. :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭