Options

The Americans US Pace

postitpostit Posts: 23,839
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sure there is an earlier thread on this but I've gone back 6 pages and haven't found it.

If anyone has seen the last episode 'Yousaf', can you refresh my failing memory as to the returning military man cum 'phone guy'?

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I'm sure there is an earlier thread on this but I've gone back 6 pages and haven't found it.

If anyone has seen the last episode 'Yousaf', can you refresh my failing memory as to the returning military man cum 'phone guy'?

He was the one who helped them get the info on how to get into the training camp they killed people in last week.

He was angry with them for killing I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh of course. It'll be interesting to find out how he knew about 'Central'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Oh of course. It'll be interesting to find out how he knew about 'Central'.

I'm not quite sure but I think it was something to do with the communications cable.

It was setup in an innocent house next door, but would have been something unique in those days so easy to find.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <pedant>
    At the start where Larrick was walking across the airfield they'd taken great care to have a pair of A7s parked on the ramp but then stuck a bloody C-130J in the background, an aircraft that didn't have it's first flight until 1996.
    </pedant>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    <pedant>
    At the start where Larrick was walking across the airfield they'd taken great care to have a pair of A7s parked on the ramp but then stuck a bloody C-130J in the background, an aircraft that didn't have it's first flight until 1996.
    </pedant>

I don't mind a spot of pedantry, and I thank you for reminding me of the Colonel's name ;-)
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    He was the one who helped them get the info on how to get into the training camp they killed people in last week..

Why did they go to the training camp? I couldn't work that out at all.

I wish I had as many hours in a day as Philip and Elizabeth do. How did they manage to carry on this spying lark when the children were smaller? Did they just leave them on their own like they do now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Why did they go to the training camp? I couldn't work that out at all.

I wish I had as many hours in a day as Philip and Elizabeth do. How did they manage to carry on this spying lark when the children were smaller? Did they just leave them on their own like they do now?

I think it was to show that the Americans were training the anti communists in Cuba?
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I think it was to show that the Americans were training the anti communists in Cuba?

Nicaragua. And they were ordered to go into the camp and kill a couple of the rebel leaders being trained there.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did Larrick plant the bug in the kids backpack??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Because of the football i only got the first 10 mins or so anybody know where i can get a brief synopsis of the episode cos it isnt repeated
    Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    steveky wrote: »
    Because of the football i only got the first 10 mins or so anybody know where i can get a brief synopsis of the episode cos it isnt repeated
    Thanks

You've posted in the US pace thread. I think you mean the UK pace.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveky wrote: »
    Thanks

It's on ITV Player
    https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-americans

Synopsis, review etc
    http://www.tv.com/shows/the-americans-2013/community/post/the-americans-season-2-episode-10-yousaf-review-139882243561/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Thank you both
  • Options
    APInnAPInn Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    <pedant>
    </pedant>

I thought the uniforms looked to modern as well? Didn't think they used that uniform camoflage in the 1980's ? May be wrong however.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW. Mild spoilers if you're slow and haven't seen it yet...

What a finale. And I have to admit I really didn't see that coming, although I'd had my suspicions that there was something happening with him we weren't aware of, I never quite expected that. I started running back through the plot strands working out how I missed it and they did a very clever job of making the misdirection into a main strand of plot (keeping him safe, slowly revealing his parents secret, smuggling him away) so we'd not think about the possibility. Very cleverly done.

And I'm very glad we're done with Nina. I'm glad he chose his country over her.

Has made me think a lot about how vehemently these Russians feel for their country, the sacrifices they make that go way beyond anything I'd ever do for my own country.

This has been an excellent series!
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    WOW. Mild spoilers if you're slow and haven't seen it yet...

What a finale. And I have to admit I really didn't see that coming, although I'd had my suspicions that there was something happening with him we weren't aware of, I never quite expected that. I started running back through the plot strands working out how I missed it and they did a very clever job of making the misdirection into a main strand of plot (keeping him safe, slowly revealing his parents secret, smuggling him away) so we'd not think about the possibility. Very cleverly done.
    No, I never saw that coming either, although I was impressed he managed to stay alive long enough to confess the whole story just so we'd all know and understand! :D
    Will miss the odd glance of her cute bum though, and I suppose it leaves a door open for her return in future as her fate is still unknown. Beeman did right in the end, although we were led to believe he was going to betray his country right till the last.
    This has been an excellent series!
    Agreed, although I didn't think the ending was quite as powerful as the 'Games without frontiers' montage of Season 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next season is going to be interesting with them being asked to turn their daughter now.
  • Options
    sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how S3 will play out. Can't see Paige turning easily if at all should they follow that route. What would happen if she tried to turn them in?
    Anyway look forward to next series :)
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless the actress herself has decided to leave, I'm willing to bet there's no chance we're done with Nina!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Unless the actress herself has decided to leave, I'm willing to bet there's no chance we're done with Nina!

"If she hasn't left the show, she'll be back next series."

Well obviously.

Personally I'd like to be done with Nina. It was a great plot device for two full series, but now it should be retired, just as Nina has been - to SIBERIA lol.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member

Well obviously.

Personally I'd like to be done with Nina. It was a great plot device for two full series, but now it should be retired, just as Nina has been - to SIBERIA lol.

I thought they said she'd be executed once she'd been found guilty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I thought they said she'd be executed once she'd been found guilty.

The Embassy head that Nina framed was also supposedly to have faced treason charges and execution, and yet he seemed to be back in a position of power when talking to the Jewish dissident who'd been repatriated.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well obviously.
    That's not what I said though. I said unless she HERSELF decided to leave i.e rather than being let go, then she'll be back. But well done on being a smug sarcy git on something you didn't comprehend properly :D
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good start to season 3 I thought, with the usual blend of wigs, sex and violence. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ??? I thought it a re-hash of everything that has gone on before