The Mysteries of Laura (UK)

2»

Comments

• Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed 10 tortuous minutes...

Then, as it's too cold to paint, I watched the Snow falling instead.

And even when it had fallen, it was still way more watch-able than this dross.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I'm sticking with this as light entertainment, even lighter than Castle. However, the main character is pretty much just Debra Messing's 'Grace' character with a new job. The similarities are endless, which is a shame as I thought she did well in Smash to shake the Grace tag off.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with this as light entertainment, even lighter than Castle. However, the main character is pretty much just Debra Messing's 'Grace' character with a new job. The similarities are endless, which is a shame as I thought she did well in Smash to shake the Grace tag off.

I caught up at US Pace as I liked it so much.

The crimes are OK, but it is her character and the interactions with some of the criminals I like.
  • Options
    misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Starts tonight at 9 on 5USA, repeated on Thursday at 10. Might be a bit "soft" for me, I'm not sure:

"The series follows the life of Laura Diamond, a homicide detective with the New York Police Department who balances her day job with her off-duty hours as a single mother to twin sons, while trying to get her soon-to-be-ex-husband, who is also her boss, to sign the divorce papers".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysteries_of_Laura

I have seen a few of these and I think it is harking back to the days of Cagney and Lacey only with an ex couple but that is the demographic. I gave it a go and watched about 5 but I much prefer programmes like CSI so a little too light and fluffy for me. This is more CSI for the female demographic though the girls' I know would not watch this either but that is clearly the idea. My verdict is it is not that good.

A better female led series which tackles similar issues would be Scott and Bailey and Anna Friel as Marcella is also doing a very good job. In fact English procedurals are much better than US drama at the current time. If the best the US can offer is Agents of Shield and Rush Hour I will stick with domestic TV.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Last ever episode airs tonight at 9pm on 5USA.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No great loss to the world of television entertainment.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    No great loss to the world of television entertainment.
    Done well here in the UK to be fair in terms of viewing figures.

It's an easy watch. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Done well here in the UK to be fair in terms of viewing figures.

It's an easy watch. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh and the GBP are such fine judges of good tv drama. Sorry this was a dead man walking from episode 1. Should never have made it this far.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and the GBP are such fine judges of good tv drama. Sorry this was a dead man walking from episode 1. Should never have made it this far.

The first episode was unwatchable due to the stupid storyline involving their kids.
    Then did they "go upstairs" for a few episodes, like kids who disappear in a soap?
    It got a bit better but has tailed off since, won't be much of a loss.
  • Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Boo Hiss, Boo. :(

Twas easy going throwaway entertainment.

Not great but watchable, more of this and less of the Bachelor/BigBrother thank you..