Options

Watching BB Australia

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
Forum Member
✭✭
I started yesterday and already I'm on Day 24 which is the episode where Cat got HOH (WTF, how did that happen?) and seen David finally shut Lisa up.

My Goodness, Lisa thinks she's the queen in that place, it was about time someone put her in her place! Respect to David, he is a favourite along with Skye and Leo. I like Sandra too at the moment, as well as Priya.

Wish I can say positive things about the others. I liked Aisha up until a few days ago, and Travis... I don't really like him at all. But I can understand why he is being kept in for now.

Comments

• Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warning - you will be hooked.

I am going to watch last years after this one finishes as some posters say it was the best bb ever.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This one is weak, last year's was better. Even better was before it moved channels, like the British one it got cheaper when it was reborn.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has been all over the place. I still can't believe how many intruders they put in and the amount of double evictions.

Last years was brilliant, definitely give it a watch!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been hooked this year, maybe as its my first Australian BB properly... I watched the finals of the last 2 years. I am up to date now!

I probably will watch last years but will ruin it for me knowing who won.
  • Options
    RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of the last three years, think this one is probably the worst.

2013 was just epic. 101 days.

2012 was ok, but they pretty much ostracised one contestant which made some of it unpleasant.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I find myself slipping in and out of this one. I've ended up a few weeks behind. Whoops.

I am thinking about watching last year's again. I actually like knowing what's going to happen because for me part of the problem with BB is whether there will be a satisfactory conclusion to the storylines of the season.
    Watching the housemates and actually knowing where their individual journeys will end up can be quite reassuring and can sometimes provide a more fulfilling viewing experience.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was also thinking about re-watching last years one so I can erase this years from my mind :D and to perve on Drew <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skye is so going to win this... which sucks. She is getting too cocky. She got so worried when it was left between her and Richard, and she didn't like the fact the others got saved before her (even though it was in no order).

Come on David or Priya!
  • Options
    shaz20shaz20 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Skye is so going to win this... which sucks. She is getting too cocky. She got so worried when it was left between her and Richard, and she didn't like the fact the others got saved before her (even though it was in no order).

Come on David or Priya!
    I really hope Skye doesn't win, I agree she is so cocky and arrogant she thinks she has it in the bag. I hope the Australians will see sense and not reward her. I hope she is out before the final, that will really burst her bubble. I think Priya can be quite condescending too. I would like David or Ryan to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, a little off topic, but my goodness, Sonia in terms of likeability is so much better than Gretal. From what I've seen from her on YouTube, she seems very rude, towards some HMs evicted and the audience... telling them to shut up, sit down and listen. eg. the protest, when the guy accused the show of manipulation, etc..
  • Options
    HalkiHalki Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been hooked this year, maybe as its my first Australian BB properly... I watched the finals of the last 2 years. I am up to date now!

I probably will watch last years but will ruin it for me knowing who won.

You know, I don't think knowing who won last year will ruin it for you.

I watched 2012 first and really enjoyed it because it was so different to our version. I have since watched them all from series one. 2013 was for me, the very best.

When this series finishes, I am going to watch it again.
    I don't really mind knowing who won, because the whole series was just so entertaining.
    Great housemates, a real mix of characters, interesting story lines and interaction. I was riveted. I am really looking forward to seeing it all again! :D
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Also, a little off topic, but my goodness, Sonia in terms of likeability is so much better than Gretal. From what I've seen from her on YouTube, she seems very rude, towards some HMs evicted and the audience... telling them to shut up, sit down and listen. eg. the protest, when the guy accused the show of manipulation, etc..

Gretel was a great host in BBAU early years warm and caring of the housemates but as the show started to get a bit tired I think she did too and let her own personal feelings and opinions overshadow what was best for the show. She really was snarky towards the end, don't know if it was her idea or if she was told to do it, she tried to make the interviews more in depth and probing but just ended up coming off like a hard nosed, unsympathetic bitch.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with it because I've come this far, but this year's is so ver very sub par with last year's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    Gretel was a great host in BBAU early years warm and caring of the housemates but as the show started to get a bit tired I think she did too and let her own personal feelings and opinions overshadow what was best for the show. She really was snarky towards the end, don't know if it was her idea or if she was told to do it, she tried to make the interviews more in depth and probing but just ended up coming off like a hard nosed, unsympathetic bitch.

Couldn't disagree more, I liked her in the 7th season, one of the best. She wasn't some children's show host like Sonia acts and what this show has turned into.
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, you must watch last years too. Tim was my best BB contestant ever! Easily beating HM's in our series.

This year hasn't been as good as last year's IMO, but has still been enjoyable. BB Australia seems to get everything right in my books, a great mix of HM's who are all likeable usually, greats tasks, great 'twists' without overdoing them and I love their nomination process.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They often repeat the same twists and tasks now like the British version.