Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    How is starting an argument calling them "an embarassment to British tourists" keeping it toned down?

It was J$E who said they couldnt stand them on the coach. And accelerated the insults. You really are determined to defend these two arent you?

Considering I've said I personally don't like them, I think it ludicrous that you are taking the stance that I'm defending J+E because I do not like D+C. If it makes you feel better in your own head, then do so, but this is not the case.

I do believe that in any other situation, J+E would have been out of order. However, considering the outburst on the coach towards them, from D+C, I really don't see how you can make out that D+C were innocent bystanders being attacked.

Remember, that came from nowhere. J+E may not have been making an effort to talk to them, but did they really deserve that outburst, considering that at that point, as far as I can remember, J+E had said not a single word out of line to them. (Maybe not a single word at all, but still not deserving of that outburst from D+C.)

Why should they handle what you call "the truth"? What are E&J to step forward and enlighten them? Are they ordained by god to insult the proles so they pick up their ways..

This is coach trip, do you understand the voting process?

And "some people cant handle the truth" is the last excuse of the bully blaming the victim.

Yes, and it is also used when some people genuinely cannot understand the truth. What the hell has bullying got to do with it? Why do you keep bringing up, throwing in irrelevent words/points?

Anyone who isnt Jolyn and Edward basically.

So you are saying they show prejudice towards everyone. In that case, it isn't prejudice at all, but Misanthropy. How on earth could someone be prejudiced (in the sense of the way we use that word nowadays) against everyone?)

Nope their upbringing and prejudices shape their personalities and how they deal with people on the coach. The comments at the end that they wont be invited anyone to their "events" spoke volumes. The two can cope with those they approve and not others. Unfortunately that seems like 99% of the population.

You really are clutching at straws. How many times have CT contestants left and said 'Well, I won't want to see any of them again'? Or words to that effect. How many of them were prejudiced? They are clearly miserable, gruff and annoyable guys, what the hell has the fact that they are posh got to do with it? If anything, in your replies, I'm sensing that prejudice against them may be a possibility.
  • PakamackPakamack Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Hi,back from my own personal CT of the Italian and French Rivieras,what an amazing experience.I now know how Jolyon and Edward must spend their spare time...on luxury boats in Nice/Cannes/Monaco(delete as appropriate).Nearly picked up a red Ferrari,just a runaround for the Asda trips,but didn't quite have enough loose change in my purse :)

What a week I missed! Caught up now,how the mood of the coach has changed in that time.Sorry to see Gill and Pat,Felicity and Henry go,but can understand how your body resistance can get low.I love coach trips,but they are exhausting,to say the least! My feet still resemble the luxury boats mentioned above,at least in size!

Still haven't got a favourite couple,but I don't dislike anyone,and it's an interesting mix of personalities.Really enjoying this series,and the thread is now back to being fun,instead of intense.Looking forward to the rest of it!
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    The thing is, even with Jolyon and Ed trying their damnest to be voted off, iirc only 3 couples voted for them tonight, although admittedly that was enough to see them off. Why didn't the others vote for them in the circumstances, I wonder? That is what I find surprising. There is more to this Coach Trip than meets the eye and I for one keep feeling I've missed something :D

Also, they are no doubt asked questions, maybe leading question such as "Will you be keeping in touch with any of the coachees?" and so on. The answers are then edited to present the desired look. I feel more of this is going on now. I did ask about this earlier. Coach Trip along with Brendan seems to be changing somewhat.

I am not defending J & E, by the way. :) Just my own thoughts, to which everyone on here is entitled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    davestoke wrote: »
    Well done J & E! Thoroughly entertaing & accurate. Donna & Clare may not be that offensive, but they typify the shallow, ignorant lives that so many people seem happy to live.

ooh first ever TOTP!!!!!
    On every holiday flight to Greece and Spain that we have been on there has been a slight tension between noisy 'chavvy' types and others. These others are not necessarily snobs, they are just different, perhaps older, but with different ways of enjoying life. They all go their separate ways on arrival as they seem to choose entirely different resorts or hotel. They all enjoy themselves for a fortnight and then they go home and each group tries to avoid the other on the plane. It happens, its not snobbery, it's just different strokes for different folks.
    Of course people like JolyEd would never dream of travelling on a charter flight anyway, so the above doesn't apply to them.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a brilliant show tonight! Farewell Jolyed, you will be missed despite your obnoxiousness as you made good tv, but you really were so hypocritical in criticising the two ladies for not trying the fish when they said they don't like fish, when you did nothing for your entire time on the trip but roll your eyes and ask "what's the point?" at every activity!

Now, if Ladi and Tori, closely followed by Lou and Chez are the next ones out things will be sweet! I'm really not liking either of these couples, but I love Nigel and Sarah and Olly and Leah!
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think JolyEd did themselves any favours there, in fact they looked a bit ridiculous. Donna and Clair aren't the most attractive specimens of British tourists but there are certainly a lot worse out there, and I wouldn't put JolyEd up as the kind of tourists we should aspire to emulate.

Ladi looked a bit bonkers too. Someone commented earlier on his weird body shape - thought he looked quite unwholesome in those low cut trunks last week.

Think my favs are Leah and Ollie - this in spite of the fact that my natural prejudice is agains drawling American gals. Hats off to Ollie for dressing up for that cabaret last week.

Leah and Ollie are my faves too seem really nice people and Leah wears a bikini quite a lot:o

Claire and Donna are disgusting
    Forum Member
    It looks like Tori falls out with Ladi from the trailer, but these have sometimes been misleading. The trailer will show one couple giving out to another couple, for example, but sometimes showing the wrong couple, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the fireworks.
    Forum Member
    What a brilliant show tonight! Farewell Jolyed, you will be missed despite your obnoxiousness as you made good tv, but you really were so hypocritical in criticising the two ladies for not trying the fish when they said they don't like fish, when you did nothing for your entire time on the trip but roll your eyes and ask "what's the point?" at every activity!

I agree with you in some ways, but it wasn't only that day that D+C pretty much ate none of the local fare, instead opting for chips or 'onion'. (Plus there was actual seafood there today, including prawns, not just fish :) )

I agree that J+E did not partake in some of the tasks properly, instead they acted sullen and sulked about. I don't know if it is just me noticing more this CT, but alot of people seem to be avoiding doing some tasks too. This isn't only a J+E problem, but something that quite a few people have done.

I suppose, one way of looking at it is, if you don't do a task, Brendan doesn't have to sort you out a new one. Refuse to eat the food that has been pre-arranged and sorted, it does mean that Brendan, or someone else, actually has to put in some extra effort. I know that this may not be much of an effort in some cases, but not everything is always simple. Consdering this has happened on a number of occasions, it seems slightly rude to look at the food, go 'I don't like it' without even trying it, thus making someone have the task of finding something more like chips.

Point taken if you really don't like something, and that is all that is served up, but not if someone is avoiding everything simply because it looks, for want of a better word. 'foreign.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mornin'

Many thanks to Luddym for posting pretty much my view on the not so JollyEd vs the Chip Twins.
    You've saved me a load of keyboard bashing - ta!
    Quite why half of these people bother to go abroad if they're afraid of a bit of fish is beyond me.
    Bet they cue religiously at the chippy on a Friday night though.

Don't like wosserface much either; the one who called Gary a lardy or some such similar description.
    And Ladi needs to brush up on his diva strops - he'll never make a career with such a hammy presentation.

No one to support 100% on the coach right now. Think it's more a case of merits earnt at each and every individual event.

I noticed Tam posted earlier on this thread (clubnokia); any other current coachies on board for this series?
    Forum Member
    Stiletto wrote: »
    Mornin'

Many thanks to Luddym for posting pretty much my view on the not so JollyEd vs the Chip Twins.
    You've saved me a load of keyboard bashing - ta!
    Quite why half of these people bother to go abroad if they're afraid of a bit of fish is beyond me.
    Bet they cue religiously at the chippy on a Friday night though.

Don't like wosserface much either; the one who called Gary a lardy or some such similar description.

:D

I think you are talking about Lou, who made some seriously childish comments about Gary. The strange thing was, some of her insults reflected very badly on her, and for some, even hoist petard' came to mind. Gary even made an effort to be less like himself, but even then he couldn't appease her sharp tongue.

I've noticed that she's more than willing to make snide comments behind peoples backs, but won't say what she says to their face. Doesn't that make her a nice person. :confused:

*Hoist Petard - Injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the 'hoist petard' label.
    I'd add Pot, kettle, black into the mix too.

And why does everyone (well almost everyone) look like they've grabbed clothes out of the rag bag? Brennie looks clean, tidy and well pressed - why can't they?
    Bunch of scruffbags! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clubnokia wrote: »
    Jayson ?? Ha ha ha ha .. nope I just get around ;)

I can't believe that no one's remembered that you're Tam..! :D
    Fame is so fleeting *sigh*
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J+E said Donna and Claire are what is wrong with British society? Maybe they should look at themselves then, seeing as they are rude, unfriendly and horrible people. Donna and Claire have done nothing wrong to them, yet they look down on them like they are dirt.

Why did they even apply?! And since when has Greece been a third world country? Maybe they should be sent out to India slums to get a taste of what a third world country is really like, and make them a bit more grateful of the Coach Trip experience.

Anyway, rant over :)

God i hope they cringe when they see the programme and their friends cringe with them.

Really was there any need for such rudeness to those ladies.

If J&E wanted to leave they could have just got up and walked away......I cannot understand why they bothered to go on the trip in the first place.

I thought Ladis throwing his dummy out of the pram the night before when the two odd balls got voted as favorites was priceless. He looked liked a naughty camp school boy. Why did he react like that. Before then I quite liked him. I think his mate Tori is getting fed up of him from the looks he keeps giving him.

Anyway I am glad J&E have left. What a horrible rotten pair they turned out to be.
  • teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    J+E didn't do to badly, seeing as they were only sent off by the narrowest of majority votes

Donna / Kebab remind me of the Fat Slags (I can safely say this, as I've no intention of visiting Northampton at any time :D)
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    teacup333 wrote: »
    J+E didn't do to badly, seeing as they were only sent off by the narrowest of majority votes

Donna / Kebab remind me of the Fat Slags (I can safely say this, as I've no intention of visiting Northampton at any time :D)

Eeee Trace :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My OH (who doesn't watch CT), walked into the room yesterday, took one look at the TV and exclaimed "It's the FSs".:D

And one of the Stuart/Craig couple (sorry forgoten who is who) has a passing resemblance to Johnny Vegas.
    Forum Member
    idiot_box wrote: »
    My OH (who doesn't watch CT), walked into the room yesterday, took one look at the TV and exclaimed "It's the FSs".:D

And one of the Stuart/Craig couple (sorry forgoten who is who) has a passing resemblance to Johnny Vegas.

Yes, you're right.:D
    Forum Member

That's my point above too. They don't seem to have been that unpopular on the coach, do they, even when trying flat out as at the end.
    Forum Member
    idiot_box wrote: »

Fat Slags, Johnny Vegas, Bo Selecta, who's going to be the next lookie-likie nominee?!
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Fat Slags, Johnny Vegas, Bo Selecta, who's going to be the next lookie-likie nominee?!

Someone said that Ed looked like Beavis or Butthead, and others that Jolyon looked like Prince Harry, Ben Fogle and even Boris Johnson.
    Forum Member
    Sarah seems familiar to me, does anyone think she looks similar to someone (maybe it's just someone I know ha!)
    I notice they DID have that double bed all night, each to their own but just doesn't seem right
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winenroses wrote: »
    Someone said that Ed looked like Beavis or Butthead, and others that Jolyon looked like Prince Harry, Ben Fogle and even Boris Johnson.

I thought that Ed looked like a slightly squashed version of the actor who played Adam in Casualty till just recently.
  • FFSFFS Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's a couple of unfunny, miserable ****ing assholes rid...

Yeah, Boris and Butt-head, a couple of numbskulls from the misguided school that never quite "got" that archetypical sniveling, whinging frat-boys are laughed at derisively.
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Sarah seems familiar to me, does anyone think she looks similar to someone (maybe it's just someone I know ha!)
    I notice they DID have that double bed all night, each to their own but just doesn't seem right

She looks familiar to me, but I think it's a certain 'type', not meaning that in a bad way. Maybe a younger Lisa Snowdon or others?

There was a double bed but we don't know that another might not have been brought in. I think the programme makers are teasing us about this relationship.

And they weren't bound to win the prize after all.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiletto wrote: »
    I like the 'hoist petard' label.
    I'd add Pot, kettle, black into the mix too.

And why does everyone (well almost everyone) look like they've grabbed clothes out of the rag bag? Brennie looks clean, tidy and well pressed - why can't they?
    Bunch of scruffbags! :D

Welcome back. If Leah is getting her bikinis out of the rag bag, I for one would be glad if someone hides the rag bag. She is more than tidy.;)

Edit: And my sexist drivel gets me TOTP.

Petards and hoists are on show once again.

Anyone that feels the need to explain that expression to us utter plebs is possibly from the school of Jolyward.
This discussion has been closed.