The Lucy Beale Storyline: DS Detective Thread *likely spoilers*

Comments

• MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Ok, I call it. Professor Plum in the drawing room with the candlestick holder.

Lol I love the clue do card game!!
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Ronnie be ruled out? Considering the new dark path shes taken.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Can Ronnie be ruled out? Considering the new dark path shes taken.

Maybe Lucy will accidentally spill a drink on Roxy.

That'll set Ronnie off!
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is to exit, isn't it weird there's been no mention of Hetti leaving like with Michelle Keegan?... :confused:
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Lucy will accidentally spill a drink on Roxy.

That'll set Ronnie off!

My Sistaaahhhh!!!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    If she is to exit, isn't it weird there's been no mention of Hetti leaving like with Michelle Keegan?... :confused:

Keegan announced her leaving months before she found out she was getting killed off by the producers.

It's pretty self-explanatory that Hetti will be leaving if Lucy is killed off. That's why I don't think theres been any comment on that. And it is still early days, we might get another press release where Hetti comments in the coming weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't think she will be killed by something. Something like self harm seems likely she doesn't seem to have anybody and it will raise awareness to such a serious subject
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like she is going to die as a result of somebody doing something rather than a physical attack. Drugs? not Cannabis but she could get involved in some other storyline involving the production of party type drugs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Beale kills her accidently. After all, it does say that it's not nesscery a who but a 'what'. Maybe he trys to poison someone and then she drinks it instead. My guess is her death will be accidental.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aunt Babe's proposal last night about the cannabis could have something to do with it. Doubt it will be brushed under the carpet though, maybe Shirley sells it in secret or something?

Cannabis DOESN'T kill people. The one recorded death regarding it obviously had an underlying health issue. It messes with your head but doesn't kill u.
  • MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally will find the whole affair boring. I think Ian Beale is one of the most tedious uninteresting characters on EE (currently and in the past) and I am not looking forward to yet another longer period being focused on him. I wouldn't put it past him that he kills Lucy accidentally, the man is so self-obsessed he's useless.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    the press release doesn't sound right and is badly written. This bit especially either their writer needs to go back to school or it was written in a rush.

Yeah, grammatically this sentence is all over the place. It seems to suggest that a few people DO know what happened to her on the night of her death, but not the person who is responsible for it. It's obviously deliberately been written that way to keep people guessing.

I wonder if we'll get several things happening to her the night she dies? So maybe one person sees something, another person sees something else etc, but the actual moment of her death might not be seen by anyone, and that's the mystery that needs to be pieced together?

It could very well be that this is a story that will affect the characters in her age group. They seem to be building them up as quite a close-knit group, so something like this would send major shock waves through the community. It definitely doesn't sound like it will be a whodunit, but maybe there will be an element of someone or a few people being culpable in some way without actually having done anything illegal.
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Cannabis DOESN'T kill people. The one recorded death regarding it obviously had an underlying health issue. It messes with your head but doesn't kill u.

I didn't mean it would kill her, I meant it could contribute to some sort of meltdown thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mean it would kill her, I meant it could contribute to some sort of meltdown thing.

That's the thing she would have to really really abuse it for months even years for that to be believable plus she is a grown girl. It affects a young persons mind I.e a 15 yr old a lot easier then an adult so it wouldn't be believable.
    Boys for example that smoke it in teen years are more likely to become angry from it then a 20 yr old abusing it.
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    That's the thing she would have to really really abuse it for months even years for that to be believable plus she is a grown girl. It affects a young persons mind I.e a 15 yr old a lot easier then an adult so it wouldn't be believable.
    Boys for example that smoke it in teen years are more likely to become angry from it then a 20 yr old abusing it.

But this is EastEnders. :D
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if the Carters are involved it could be Lee, he is described as a Jack the lad, possibly selling drugs or maybe putting something in Lucys drink. I also think EE have big plans for Aleks and he seems very dodgy so he could be involved and Danny isnt gone forever.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Lee Carter will have a part in this storyline, maybe Lucy takes some drugs and dies as a result, Lee panics as some of the other young characters know Lucy was flirting and dancing with Lee at a party the evening she died, and saw Lee chatting too a well known dealer ...Abi panics after finding Lucy's mobile in Laurens room days after the death ... Tamwar finds CCTV of Lucy coming out of Sharon's new bar and having a row with Alek....but It gets destroyed before He can show Peter ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But this is EastEnders. :D

Lol it may go that way. They did make Phil a crackhead lol.

I really hope they don't make her a paranoid mash head. It would be better if they used one of them weird legal highs that kids are dying off now days.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Keegan announced her leaving months before she found out she was getting killed off by the producers.

It's pretty self-explanatory that Hetti will be leaving if Lucy is killed off. That's why I don't think theres been any comment on that. And it is still early days, we might get another press release where Hetti comments in the coming weeks.

True. Just be nice to know if she left of her own accord or was axed really.. don't even think she has a twitter so cant check..
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Johnny and Whitney will be involved, or present on the night she dies.

If it's drugs related, it could be this Shirley/Alfie business that leads to Johnny giving Lucy a dodgy drug.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the press release doesn't sound right and is badly written. This bit especially either their writer needs to go back to school or it was written in a rush.
    Exactly. lol I mean what does that even mean. That someone kills her without realising it? Maybe that's why the whole thing sounds so bizarre :D certainly be a new twist.

Well that's what id say it means. Its like Dean, Nancy, Johnny storing drugs in a Pain killer bottle. Lucy comes over to hang with Johnny ans says she is not feeling well and just say Linda or Mick go to give her pain killer tablets not realising what they are. this actually kills her meaning they don't know but the others do.

Not saying this will happen though.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need Detective Dev from Corrie to solve the mystery of Lucy's death. Someone call a taxi for him. Travelling between Weatherfield and Walford can be a long journey.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

THe line about "nobody knows- not even the person responsible for her death" hints at a drugs OD to me. She will be given drugs by a character and OD. Thats my theory.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Shabnam will have any involvement
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think she will be killed by something. Something like self harm seems likely she doesn't seem to have anybody and it will raise awareness to such a serious subject

Suicide is a posibility. Thatd have a lot of fallout, lasting several months, so its an option