Options

EE - Did Denise Kill Lucy?

Comments

• Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought she was one of the possibilties and have tonight is Denise the person Emma thinks killed Lucy?

I have always thought Denise could be a HUGE possibility.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I highly doubt it was Denise, she was with Patrick and then went back to the house to collect her bag to leave Ian and only stayed as he was devastated that Lucy was dead.

I thought she had returned from Oxford and then went back to the house
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the possible significance of "Patrick's had a fall", we've only been gone five minutes", and the looking round the square trying to establish how long it would take to get somewhere. But what about the photo she looked out? What was in it that seems to confirm her suspicions?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    I get the possible significance of "Patrick's had a fall", we've only been gone five minutes", and the looking round the square trying to establish how long it would take to get somewhere. But what about the photo she looked out? What was in it that seems to confirm her suspicions?

Were the houses in the photo the same ones Lauren was walking past in the video? Maybe Emma realised that although Lauren was caught on video, it is entirely possible the killer wasn't if it would have only have taken them 5 minutes to go and kill Lucy (or do something related to the murder) and return home.

Or maybe the photo shows someone's lights out around the estimated time of Lucy's murder (or her leaving to catch the bus). The killer would have had to have been a bit dim but if you're leaving your house, you usually turn your lights off when you leave. Emma has assumed the person whose house's lights were off was out to kill Lucy.
  • Options
    Scott_WeirScott_Weir Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Also, where does the Billy Mitchell having a stash of photos of her fit into all of this? The ones he binned all sheepishly?
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_Weir wrote: »
    Also, where does the Billy Mitchell having a stash of photos of her fit into all of this? The ones he binned all sheepishly?

They were obviously Lola's
  • Options
    Scott_WeirScott_Weir Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    They were obviously Lola's

Why didn't he just say that? He said they were Peter's and binned them in a sheepish manner. Just tell the truth if you have nothing to hide.
  • Options
    sibooboosibooboo Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about if Abi had ran out of the house to have a go at Lucy for having a relationship with Max, and she hit her over the head, then Lucy could have carried on to the Common on the bus (remember when she ducked Lauren into that water at Halloween, shows what her temper's like).

Or Whitney could've done the same thing, only over Lee..
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    I think it was what Dean said about him being out of the house 5 minutes (for Patrick to fall). I think we're meant to think that she thinks it's Denise.

I don't understand though. Why would she suspect Denise just because Patrick had a fall and she was out of the house for 5 minutes?
    I don't get it.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lybertyne wrote: »
    Lauren said she went to the Beale's door but turned back without going in. Jane backed her up, saying she was at the Masood's at the time, looking out the window and saw Lauren turn away. I haven't looked at the layout of Albert Square but I thought when Emma looked at the houses that perhaps she realised you can't see the Beale house from the Masood house. So Jane is lying. I reckon it's either Lauren or Jane. Probably Jane. She backed up Lauren because she knows she's innocent and didn't want her to become a wrongful suspect. Perhaps it wasn't murder as such; maybe Jane and Lucy had an argument and Jane lashed out. All my speculation so probably completely wrong.

That sounds quite plausible to me. At least it's the only coherent explanation I've heard that seems plausible and fits.
  • Options
    crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She went to see libby at uni doesnt anyone remember this
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She went to see libby at uni doesnt anyone remember this

Lucy died at night so they could of easily crossed paths
  • Options
    CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    The way the scene played out makes you think Emma thinks it's Densie but I think that's a red herring. Dean says something about only leaving the room for 5 mins planting the idea in Emma's head that anything can happen in just 5 mins. I'm almost sure Abi said something to DC Bryant last week about Max being at home the night Lucy was killed apart from 5 mins when he went out to walk the dog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    what does that prove though?

I'm just as confused. I don't see how Patrick having a fall and somebody only leaving the house for five minutes has anything to do with Lucy being murdered as she wasn't even in a house. She was in some nearby woods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is this footage everyone has seen or talking about??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    It was abi that took the dog for a walk on the night she got killed for 5 mins

I still don't see why that would make anyone a suspect.
    Anyone could have left the house for five minutes. Just because somebody said they had isn't proof that they killed somebody.
    Absolutely anyone could have nipped out for five minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy died at night so they could of easily crossed paths

Im sure on the froday episode she was at the uni with libby and i cant remember but she came back that night. Why would she go see libby then kill lucy and no real motive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were the houses in the photo the same ones Lauren was walking past in the video? Maybe Emma realised that although Lauren was caught on video, it is entirely possible the killer wasn't if it would have only have taken them 5 minutes to go and kill Lucy (or do something related to the murder) and return home.

Or maybe the photo shows someone's lights out around the estimated time of Lucy's murder (or her leaving to catch the bus). The killer would have had to have been a bit dim but if you're leaving your house, you usually turn your lights off when you leave. Emma has assumed the person whose house's lights were off was out to kill Lucy.

But this five minutes thing. I don't understand the significance.
    I don't understand how on earth what Denise said proves that Lucy was killed within 5 minutes. I don't see how this is useful information to the police. What can it possibly prove?
    The only incriminating evidence against anyone is if somebody had an alibi which turns out was a lie. Which would be the same whether Denise had mentioned the 5 minutes thing or not.

I think it's more likely that the 5 minutes thing simply made Emma think about that photo for some reason. I'm curious about what Emma thinks she has is solid proof of who killed Lucy. Something circumstantial surely isn't enough to go on.
  • Options
    Arnostae's MumArnostae's Mum Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a scene with Max and Abi ages ago. Something was said by Abi about nobody must ever find out what happened on Good Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is this footage everyone has seen or talking about??

There seems to be two pieces of footage.
    One piece of footage shows fatboy and a couple of others being filmed on a smartphone, but Lauren can be seen in the background approaching the flat if you look closely.
    But the other night Max was watching some footage where only Lauren was in it and it was very clear.
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since everyone is posting their theories...

I've rewatched that scene in the Vic from when Kim & Denise enter and confront Ian. Kim's first line in that scene was "Abi told me you would be here". Abi! I guess Emma figured ot out and then immediately she went outside and looked around the Square for Abi but she wasn't there. She must have been wandering around the Square if Kim and Denise talked to her. I'm not sure what Abi was doing on the Square but I would guess that she was meeting Cindy. Cindy was very quick to leave after the conversation turned to Lucy and the scene where she was talking with Emma in the middle of the square felt a bit random. Abi was mentioned by Cora as well as to why she wasn't there.

Also, could someone explain the 5 minutes thing to me? Everyone is saying that it's a big clue but I don't get it. Dean only said that he was out of the room for 5 minutes when Patrick had his fall so I don't know why its a big clue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised alibi is an anagram for li abi :o:o:o

Still think it's her, not Denise. Tonight's episode was great, has got everyone thinking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am thinking Emma is close, and maybe tips off the helper of the killer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise found lucys buried purse etc if it was her why would she be diggibg lucys stuff up.jeez guys....
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but police know already that things can happen in 5 minutes!! Why would she only realise when someone mentions "5 minutes" that this is the case