Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon packaging. I ordered a small hdmi adaptor last week and paid for next day delivery.

Got home from work to find a card from the postman to say it was returned to the sorting office as it was to big to fit through the letterbox.

I picked it up this morning and it was in an A2 sized cardboard sleeve that was f'ing massive compared to the item inside that would have fit in a cigarette packet.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the government talks about jobs that don't exist :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Minor spelling mistakes you notice just after you submit something. Like spelling you as yoy or train as trsin.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Non-stories being dressed up as news (like that beautician who thought that Barocco Burner was the British President). HOW THE HELL IS THAT NEWS? (Sorry for the all caps.)
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people use more than one exclaimation mark when one is enough.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    My iPad autocorrecting the correct words to the wrong ones. For some reason if changes 'that' to 'ghost' quite often (not this time though)
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who insist on canonising someone just because they are dead or dying. My friend for instance, she spent years being knocked about by her loser of a boyfriend who suddenly became a saint as soon as he went off to meet his maker. This same friend is now doing the same with my ex-husband who is terminally ill. Of course it's very sad and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, but he made my life a misery so why pretend he's perfect just because he's on his way out?!! Sorry if that sounds harsh but it really does annoy me intensely!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inconsiderate douche dog owner who constantly let their dog(s) defecate on my street, never bothering to clean it up. Sometimes the inconsiderate douche lets his dog shit right by the gate of my house, other times right by the car door.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting in a half empty supermarket car park in my car and some douche comes and parks next to mine even though there are about 100 odd spaces around. And guess what he does? Just sits in his car eating his lunch too. Park somewhere else you weirdo! Now I feel like I'm sharing my lunch with some random guy.

Annoying!
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hot and cold moody people who you have to work out.

Are they in a mood? Have I upset them? I don't know because they wont say. Why are they being so astute or abrupt?

You know what? I can't be bothered trying to work you out or pander to your emotional mood swings. If you can't be honest and say or treat me the same as I treat you then why should I spend me time playing detective or constantly ask if you're alright just to find out what your problem is?

I don't do treading on eggshells just because I may or may not have offended you. If your not prepared to be straight with me then you can eff off. We all have bad days but it doesn't mean you have the right to take your moods out on me and everyone else.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Threadbare flags flying from public buildings. I hate looking at the one on the town hall!
    Forum Member
    Sitting in a half empty supermarket car park in my car and some douche comes and parks next to mine even though there are about 100 odd spaces around. And guess what he does? Just sits in his car eating his lunch too. Park somewhere else you weirdo! Now I feel like I'm sharing my lunch with some random guy.

Annoying!

That annoys my dad too.
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. People that park cards on the pavement blocking it for people walking along it.

2. People that put the milk in first when making tea.

3. People that are asleep when the TV is on and wake up claiming "I was watching that" when you switch it over.

4. People in supermarkets that block the whole aisle when chatting to their friends and look at you like you have done something wrong when you ask them to move.

5. People who think the cash machines are some sort of video game. Put your pin in get the money and go that's all you should be able to do.

6. People who stop walking for no reason when you are right behind them causing you to walk into them.

7. People on the underground who push past everyone else when travelling between the platforms so they can get their 5 seconds before you.

8. Sky call centres who keep ringing me up offering me 1/2 price deals now I left but offered me nothing during the 12 months I was with them.

9. Shops that have people working on the shop floor but only 1 on the till when their is a massive queue.

10. Store security that follow me around the shop just because I have a rack sack on my back for shopping.

11. Stores that have sales but all the clothes you want to buy they never have in your size.

12. Next sales in which they don't sell the stuff they had out all year but some random crap they had shipped in just for the sale.

13. People that have a go at traffic warden's for getting a ticket even thought they where in the wrong.

14. People that say "Honestly" just before telling you a pack of lies.

15. Old people that tell you things where better in their day even tho they had two world wars. No old people getting bombed on a daily basis was not better than now even if you could leave your front door open.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who criticise/laugh at my Rover 200 Coupe and then reveal themselves to be driving a Vauxhall Corsa - the most dull, unimaginative car in all of automobile history.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    The majority of men over the age of twenty five should not wear bead necklaces.

There are some men that can wear bead jewellery, and some bead jewellery look good on men, but most men, especially older men, should avoid it.

:blush:
    Forum Member
    People who have a superiority complex when they aren't exactly perfect themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My other half insists on trying to talk to / at me when i'm watching TV or playing on the Xbox, I wouldn't dream of sitting there yabbering on at her if she's trying to watch Dancing On Ice, so why is it acceptable to go on and on and on and on about shit I wouldn't care about at the best of times?!
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White-van drivers. Specifically, the way they cut people up all the time. Even when it's not me they do it to, it's bloody annoying to watch!
  • dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting stuck behind gambling addicts in a shop - behind one woman this morning who first handed over a wad of lotto tickets to be checked, then she wanted a ticket for tonight but hadn't filled out the slip properly so had to fix that and then two for Friday but put through the till separately and then one of those scratch cards and then two of those ones.... all I wanted to do was buy a newspaper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who dont move out the way when I'm running. Happens mostly at bus stops when people are sprawled across the pavement, I'm not a dog doing agility don't make me weave between you.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    When people use more than one exclaimation mark when one is enough.

One of the managers here uses multiple questions marks. I always feel like he's frustrated and shouting at me on e-mails/skype but he's just asking a question (one he could have found the answer to himself but that's a whole other issue)

This one really is trivial and I probably shouldn't have even noticed. There's another manager at work and she is rather well endowed. For some reason she never seems to wear a bra that fits, she always has the double boob look. Now I am even more well endowed so I know how much of a struggle it can be to get a decent bra but I know for a fact she is financially ok (unlike me, she just got got a huge pay rise for one) so a £20 bra that fits from Yours Clothing isn't out of her reach. But it's not a subject I can really bring up :blush: She must be so uncomfortable though.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who run in crowded areas!

Why do they do it?>:(
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's one...

People who go on discussion forums late at night when they've just got back from the pub drunk then proceed to talk crap and have a go at people about their spelling and grammar. i.e Me last night. :blush:
  • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who sit at an angle next to you on the aisle seat in buses/trams/trains so they are facing the aisle (with their back to you) rather than the front. Not only annoying, I find this very disrespectful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    People who run in crowded areas!

Why do they do it?>:(

They're MI5 agents racing to cut a wire on a bomb.

Luckily they always make it with one second to spare.

...and they get the girl.
This discussion has been closed.